Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
nj1923steelgirl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24521
Default Re: Will James Harrison Be Back In 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
I would have to sit both James and Troy down and give them an altimatum.
Slim down, stay physical, and take a pay cut and if you don't like that, theres the door.
No hard feelings.
That is how it has to be...both cannot make full salary....too much of a health risk...if they take a pay cut.....then keep them.....
Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 AM   #22
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

If the Steelers decide to bring back James Harrison, and Troy Polamalu, and they are able to renegotiate both of their contracts, that would be an ideal situation for the team. But, these guys are big-name players, with big-name agents. and big-time egos. Who knows if the Steelers would be able accomplish that.

Weakside linebacker, and strong safety are both key positions in the Lebeau defense. It’s a big gamble for the Steelers, having two starters at two key positions that they are not sure of. Both players will probably be playing hard against Cleveland. It will be their last chance to show what they can do at game speed before the end of the season.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #23
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but we didn't really start creating turnovers this year until Troy was playing healthy. I still think he is a lot more important to this defense than people are giving him credit for... But as everyone knows, his issue is staying healthy.

Harrison has looked better over the past few weeks.. I mean the guy did come into the season straight from rehabbing his knee and no training camp or anything. Whether or not the Steelers think his knee can hold up another season is the question they have to ask.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
Yes......he'll want to have at least one good year before he retires, so hold onto something for 2013.....same with Troy.

it doesn't matter what "he" wants. It only matters what the team does with the checkbook.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #25
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

The way James Harrison played in this last game against the Browns, they probably could have gotten more production from his backup. For the weakside linebacker that is supposed to pressure the quarterback, he didn't get through one time. He was poor against the outside run, not being able to bring runners down. And, he was ineffective in short pass coverage. I could be wrong, but I can't see him coming back.
Troy Polamalu, on the other hand, has slowed down, but he was still productive. There is a definite possibility that he could come back next season, and be a pretty good strong safety. Ryan Clark outplayed everybody in the secondary. It looked like he was covering Polamalu's zone, too.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #26
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,006 Times in 3,720 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

at this point, my guess is that Harrison won't be back next year. I'll be sorry to hear it for sure, I've absolutely loved watching that guy play for the Steelers.

My guess at this point is that Harrison, Hampton, and Wallace won't be back. Foote might retire instead of playing as a back-up. I think either Batch or Lefty goes as well. Keisel and Polamalu I think stay on for at least one more season. If we've seen them play their last game, want to wish them luck. It's been an honor watching them play this last decade.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #27
pittpete
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5301

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
The way James Harrison played in this last game against the Browns, they probably could have gotten more production from his backup. For the weakside linebacker that is supposed to pressure the quarterback, he didn't get through one time. He was poor against the outside run, not being able to bring runners down. And, he was ineffective in short pass coverage. I could be wrong, but I can't see him coming back.
Troy Polamalu, on the other hand, has slowed down, but he was still productive. There is a definite possibility that he could come back next season, and be a pretty good strong safety. Ryan Clark outplayed everybody in the secondary. It looked like he was covering Polamalu's zone, too.
Do you people actually watch the FN games?
He had 11 FN tackles and a sack.
He went up against one of the best LT's in the league.
Are you kidding me bro?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #28
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I will answer the question but I'm reading people say that it's a "waste" of money for these guys and someone threw Woodley in there too. Did we just finsih with the #1 ranked defense in the NFL? We had a chance to finish with the #1 rush adn pass Defense. That just doesn't happen out of nowhere. I mean, Harrison and Troy were hurt quite a bit this year but they are still VERY good players. Woodley usually turns it on in the 2nd half of the season, that didn't happen this year so he is the guy I'm most dissappointed in but they still had a very good Defense this year so c'mon with the "wasted" talk.

Having said that, I hope Harrison knows who he is now. Meaning, he is not worth that money. He is still the best OLB on our team but not a Top 5 OLB in the league. Troy IMO is different. I think he just needs to get 100% healthy. They do need to draft for the future at Safety, unless they REALLY like Golden. However; both need to resructure or 1 has to go. And that's probably Harrison. It will be another tough off season in regards to losing another group of core vets. Hampton, Harrison, Foote and Starks are prpbably gone. Sucks but true.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #29
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Harrison plays every down full bore when he is on the field. Troy takes half the game off. James will redo and make it cap friendly.

Troy is not worth half his salary, and Woodley was extremely dissappointed. However I feel any pull back from woodley and harrison is on Dick. He didnt adjust to the changing of the opposing teams Oline, you cant just pressure from the outside, everyone doesnt have the POS line that we have. You need to bring it up the middle. Dick never really adjusted the past 2 years.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #30
Stairway2-7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17956
My Mood: Worried

My Steelers app today reported from NFL.com that he wont be back. :(

hopefully thats not the case!
Stairway2-7 is offline   Reply With Quote