Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #51
lipps83
Head Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: If not Ben, then who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
6-7 without 86-39 with 3 SBs 2 Lombardis. 25 years between SB wins. Hopefully not another 25 years til next but with some great thinking around here I could see it.
Didn't you read? Replacing elite QB's is easy at the NFL level. They are all over the place and readily available. There are literally dozens upon dozens that are not already locked into deals with other teams or at the college level (elite QB's are available every single draft, silly, you just have to pick the right one).

I just finished packing my bags and am heading to Iowa. I am sure someone there can throw a tight spiral that nobody has discovered yet.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #52
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
If not Ben? A 4-12 record

We get rid of Ben we betray all we stand for.
AndyWitmyer (12-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #53
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Yeah, the Steelers could never have won anything without Ben's 20th ranked scoring offenses.

Steelers were 39-22 with Neil O'Donnell.

46-29 with Kordell Stewart.

The Steelers have shown an ability to win with any qb not named Tommy Maddox.

How much credit do the qbs deserve? How much credit does the team deserve?

Why don't you hop off Ben's jock for a minute- the man needs some air.
I noticed you didn't post the playoff achievements of O'Donnell and Stewart. I don't know why you would leave those out....

Were you in the group that wanted Bradshaw out of town back in the early 80's? Bet you were really happy when you got your wish.

Really? The Steelers have won with any QB not named Tommy Maddox? It must be really hard for you to count to zero. You sound angry that the team from the 90's didn't win anything, and then came along Ben and the Steelers won #5 in his second year.

Ben may not have been the sole reason the Steelers finally ended their super bowl drought, but he sure as well was the piece that finally got them over the hump. Brady didn't exactly light it up in all of his super bowls, and Eli Manning got MVP because he's a New York QB. Now you can choose to be butthurt about the team in the 90's not winning anything without a star QB, or you can be happy the Steelers aren't one of the teams starting journeyman QBs anymore.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #54
casteeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: If you are dumb enough to want Ben gone, please, point out to me a replacement

Where is the Mod to merge this thread with the others
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #55
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,715 Times in 4,783 Posts
Default Re: If you are dumb enough to want Ben gone, please, point out to me a replacement

With one of the many, many other franchise quarterbacks just waiting for work. There's so many of them just sitting around waiting for work and we have this arrogant, egotistical prick named Ben Roethlisberger who can't even throw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs every game! He's useless! We should go ahead and trade all of our picks away and draft Geno Smith or take Matt Barkley in the first round this year. They'll come in and put up Brady numbers!

While exaggerated, this isn't ridiculously far off the mark from what I've seen guys post on here. We truly don't know how good we have it with Ben.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #56
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
I'll wait.

Throw Tomlin in there to.

Paul Crewe?
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #57
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
I'll wait.

Throw Tomlin in there to.

Well if this follows the other thread, they'll continue to bash Ben but they won't actually answer the question.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
The_Joker (12-30-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #58
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

If Matt Barkley is there at 17 I say take him.

Need to get rid of Roethlisberger he is a locker room cancer.

Haley will keep him level-headed not encourage his egomania like Arians did Roethlisberger.

Barkley will turn out to be the best Steelers QB of all time.

His Jr season was awesome.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #59
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I noticed you didn't post the playoff achievements of O'Donnell and Stewart. I don't know why you would leave those out....

Were you in the group that wanted Bradshaw out of town back in the early 80's? Bet you were really happy when you got your wish.

Really? The Steelers have won with any QB not named Tommy Maddox? It must be really hard for you to count to zero. You sound angry that the team from the 90's didn't win anything, and then came along Ben and the Steelers won #5 in his second year.

Ben may not have been the sole reason the Steelers finally ended their super bowl drought, but he sure as well was the piece that finally got them over the hump. Brady didn't exactly light it up in all of his super bowls, and Eli Manning got MVP because he's a New York QB. Now you can choose to be butthurt about the team in the 90's not winning anything without a star QB, or you can be happy the Steelers aren't one of the teams starting journeyman QBs anymore.
I wasn't born when Bradshaw was "kicked out" of Pittsburgh, Grandpa.

I became a fan in '94. I didn't need the Steelers to win a superbowl to be a fan and I remained a fan for the 11 years they went without.

I watch the Steelers for what I perceived to be their blue-collar approach to football under Cowher. A huge part of being blue collar is not whining. Roethlisberger whines incessantly- I can't stand it. STFU and do your job. The rest of us would be fired in a heartbeat for criticising the boss let alone criticising the boss's company to the media.

You will never hear Ford's CFO telling media that the CEO is running the company into the ground. Ben gets paid like a CFO/CEO and I would like to see him act professionally.

All of the rookie quarterbacks drafted, starting and leading their teams to the playoffs this year are more mature than Ben. The Steelers could draft a high school phenom who skips college and plays Super Mario all day in tiger pyjamas and he would be more mature than Ben.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #60
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I wasn't born when Bradshaw was "kicked out" of Pittsburgh, Grandpa.

I became a fan in '94. I didn't need the Steelers to win a superbowl to be a fan and I remained a fan for the 11 years they went without.

I watch the Steelers for what I perceived to be their blue-collar approach to football under Cowher. A huge part of being blue collar is not whining. Roethlisberger whines incessantly- I can't stand it. STFU and do your job. The rest of us would be fired in a heartbeat for criticising the boss let alone criticising the boss's company to the media.

You will never hear Ford's CFO telling media that the CEO is running the company into the ground. Ben gets paid like a CFO/CEO and I would like to see him act professionally.

All of the rookie quarterbacks drafted, starting and leading their teams to the playoffs this year are more mature than Ben. The Steelers could draft a high school phenom who skips college and plays Super Mario all day in tiger pyjamas and he would be more mature than Ben.
From your posts, I can tell there is no convincing you of Ben's merit to this organization, (I already knew that from previous posts) but all I can say if Bens career up to now has been stellar to say the least and his stats compare pretty much to any so-called great QB of the last 20 years,( I have already compared his to Elway) I have said I do not believe Ben to be a Peyton or a Brady, I do believe he has been just as instrumental in the success of the Steelers as either of those two have done for their respective teams. Video games, fantasy leagues, have ruined many fans who just do not appreciate the real NFL, it is not as easy as it appears some times. I believe that some of the hate comes from selective memory , like in your case of the Cowher years. I have been a fan since 1972, and I remember Cowhers teams having some not so good years and I remember some pretty poor QB play and Cowher did a great job of balancing defense, and a very good run game. Times have changed, the NFL has changed, Defense alone like the Ravens and TB squad had with no QB to speak of will not win SBs. Teams need good QB play, and while Ben struggled 3 of his last four, his numbers reflect that he had a great year after 9 games. He has had a great career so far. I suspect that your hate and the hate of others stem from more than just his play on the field and more on his off field exploits or his personality, and if that is the case than no one can change your mind.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote