Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #31
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,119 Times in 536 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Will James Harrison Be Back In 2013?

Yeah as soon as our game was over reports were all over the place that he was basically gone. I personally didn't see us parting ways with him so fast but I guess if they can't restructure his deal and make enough space then it makes sense. I'll be sad to see him go though.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #32
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Due to the cap situation I think he is likely gone next year. He will be missed but it's business. The Steelers better draft a OLB in early rounds. I don't have much faith to Worilds.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kan_t For This Useful Post:
The_Joker (12-30-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 AM   #33
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I read this morning that James wants to stay in Pitt and will re-structure his contract to make that happen if he is wanted
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #34
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I read this morning that James wants to stay in Pitt and will re-structure his contract to make that happen if he is wanted
Link? Good new for me, I want him back but not at prima donna money.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #35
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
His contract needs cut to a quarter of what it is....Not just a few mill off ....
Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #36
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

I was hoping this would be the year to transition to a 4 3. Harrison would not be needed if they were to do this. If they stay in there 3 4 ; then if you can bring him back CHEAP; then do it. But in reality; I think it's time to move on and get younger talent in there. Same goes for Hampton. He played well as he got healthier. Woodley was bad too; so if we are asking about Harrison; the real question should be on Woodley. Lots of tough decisions!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #37
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

We have to bring James back there is no question. He is still a very important factor to our defense and we need him back.

Which would be no big of a deal if we reconstructure it which we hopefully do. I think then his cap charge is only 5 mil and a few which is a absolut great prize for a dude like James.

And I'm very shocked actually to here these things from all you steeler fans. This freekin' nature trained his butt of the last pre season to get back in shape. He flew to Arizona to make kind of an special oxygen training to get back in shape for 2012. Then right before pre season it was obious that he needs knee surgery and he worked again his butt of to come on the field as fast as he can and played great through the strech of the season. Definitly not 100% healthy all year and now you say he's not worth it? Common give this dude his well deserved pay check and let him come back for another one or two runs at the Vince Lombardi.

Another word maybe to Hampton and Woodly who actually had a way worse year then James. Hampton came in not healthy either and had great games in the 2nd half of the season and Woodly also was unhealthy all year very sad but not much you can do there.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #38
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,318 Times in 3,489 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

time for worilds to step up.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #39
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Link? Good new for me, I want him back but not at prima donna money.

This is what needs to happen. Everyone is so quick to say good bye to Harrison because his sack numbers are down... what people are failing to see is his ability to stuff runs. Teams don't run at Harrison.... when they do it typically ends up being a loss of yards. That's huge for a defense...if you can take away that much of their game just from Harrison being on the field...how much easier is it for Dick Lebeau to execute his game plan?

As for Harrison I think it would be smart for him to take a pay cut... he'll still make the $ he wants... and he'll get to end his career were he wants. It's pretty clear Harrison looks up to DL. A new contract makes sense for both parties. I think Harrison stays.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #40
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Lets not forget there are plenty of other places to free up $.

We've got some aging vets that are still good... but want to retire as a steeler... those players will likely take pay cuts to finish their careers in Pittsburgh. The guys that are likely goners are the guys looking for their pay day... so say goodbye to Wallace, Lewis, Mendenhall.

Most of the savings can be found with restructured deals for guys like Ben, Woodley, Timmons, Troy, and Harrison. Then add the $ freed up by the departures of Wallace, Starks, Mendenhall...and possibly Hampton and Foote. I think we'll be running this offseason just like we always run our off season. Very few FA signings... a handful of restructured deals, and a solid draft.

I think we need to target a RB and ILB in this draft. We also need depth on the D-line and probably a starting corner back. Add these moves with a healthy 2nd season for DeCastro, Mike Adams... a healthy Gilbert, Colon, and Spence... I think we look pretty good.

Also I dont think Heath Millers salary counts against our cap if he's on the IR next season. IMO we need a playmaker on offense - don't care if it's a RB or WR... we need one. We also need help at corner if Lewis leaves... which I see happening.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote