Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #61
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Jesse Williams NT from Alabama. He is 6'3'' 325lbs with a 600lb bench press. I doubt we have much faith in Tamu and if he's there we will anchor our line for the next decade.
Kenny Vaccaro SS is tho other possibility. He is awesome and would be a great asset
Old 12-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #62
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,415 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

If we don't go linebacker then I want Kenny Vaccaro SS.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #63
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

Justin Hunter is considered the best WR prospect in the draft...But he played this year "NOT TO GET HURT" again and wasn't the same player as he was last year...Da'Rick Rogers is a head case supreme...Reminds me of Bolden who played with The Cardinals and Ravens on the field..Acts more like Santonio off the field...The most talented of the three is Cordarelle Patterson...Played one year at UT and broke a 25 year old record for all purpose yardage...Isn't the most polished route runner you will ever see but he is dynamite with ball in his hands...The Steelers could probably grab him in the 2nd or 3rd round hopefully...

Last edited by StevieRayVol; 12-31-2012 at 01:36 PM.
StevieRayVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #64
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Don't really follow college that closely, I wouldn't even know were to begin. I do think a lot will depend on who is resigned and who isn't. I was thinking a pure NT, but I think Steve McClendon has been groomed to take over for Casey. I don't think James Harrison will be back at his salary, counting just over $10M for 2013, so I think OLB will be a priority. Although they could move Jason Worilds to that side, draft his replacement next April. Lets not forget Mike Wallace and Mendenhall; I really don't think either of them will return next year, especially Mendy. And to be honest with you, I hope Mendenhall doesn't. Lately, I've been reading reports that Mike Wallace now has a slim chance of returning, I don't see it though. I don't think he fits Haley's system; I wouldn't be surprise if they traded down and went for a W.R.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #65
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Neither Tomlin nor Cowher ever made anything more than suggestions at draft time. The Cowher worship should at least be guided by reality.

I think we need to look at a QB fairly early in the draft. Batch cannot last another year, and Lefty is made of glass.
Finally someone that actually has said something that made sense.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #66
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Detroit just made a long term MLB commitment to Stephen Tulloch. They could be stupid and draft Te'o as an OLB but that would be wasting his talents. Either way I don't think they'll take him. Exact same thing goes for the Browns with D'Qwell Jackson, as I've seen a lot of people mock T'eo to them as well. I just don't see it. I'm not sure he'll make it past that Arizona-Buffalo-NYJ trio from 7-9 though, although all three have much greater needs but they could all take him as well. If he made it through there and were available at 10, that's when I'd start REALLY considering a trade-up.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #67
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,892 Times in 8,685 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Detroit just made a long term MLB commitment to Stephen Tulloch. They could be stupid and draft Te'o as an OLB but that would be wasting his talents. Either way I don't think they'll take him. Exact same thing goes for the Browns with D'Qwell Jackson, as I've seen a lot of people mock T'eo to them as well. I just don't see it. I'm not sure he'll make it past that Arizona-Buffalo-NYJ trio from 7-9 though, although all three have much greater needs but they could all take him as well. If he made it through there and were available at 10, that's when I'd start REALLY considering a trade-up.
Awesome. One less team to take him.

San Diego is my biggest concern. The talk around there is that Te'o is the second coming of Seau.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #68
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

I can't shake the idea that someone like Dion Jordan would be a great fit for a LeBeau defence (assuming he comes back) - LeBeau loves hybrid players who excel in different positions and Jordan might lack the size to play the traditional DE role in the NFL, but he can fill in there, and is quick and mobile enough to line up on the line and at OLB - The Ducks even had him drop into coverage on occasion. He's the sort of player LeBeau could draw zone bltzes up all day for, and having him and Troy to plan for would give OC's sleepless nights. As an added bonus, we might be able to trade down and get him, most of the mock drafts I've seen have him going in the mid-20's in Rd 1, so we might get him and an extra pick in the 2nd.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #69
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Awesome. One less team to take him.

San Diego is my biggest concern. The talk around there is that Te'o is the second coming of Seau.
Yeah I have a hard time seeing San Diego pass on Te'o if he's there. I think for us to land him, we're going to have to swing a deal with Tennessee, NYJ, or Buffalo. I don't think we'd trade to any earlier than 8, but I'm not sure Tennessee would trade back either. I think our best bet is to trade with the Jets at 9, with a new GM they'll be looking for a QB who they can probably find at 17,considering everyone between us and them has their QB already.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #70
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,892 Times in 8,685 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Yeah I have a hard time seeing San Diego pass on Te'o if he's there. I think for us to land him, we're going to have to swing a deal with Tennessee, NYJ, or Buffalo. I don't think we'd trade to any earlier than 8, but I'm not sure Tennessee would trade back either. I think our best bet is to trade with the Jets at 9, with a new GM they'll be looking for a QB who they can probably find at 17,considering everyone between us and them has their QB already.
While a QB should not go at 9, the QBs always go higher than expected. Look for Barkley to come of the board at 9.

IF a trade occurs, what about trading with San Diego? Since they are the most likely team to snag Te'o... why not take them out of the equation (by making them move downward via a trade).

I;m not sold on trading up (I say risk it & draft an OLB if he's gone)... but... if Te'o is the target, then SD would be a logical trade partner.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote