Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
How come no one on this board can process simple information? The point isn't that Ben's offenses consistently produce fewer points than other top qbs.

THE POINT IS THAT EVERY QB WHO GOT A NEW OC THIS YEAR PRODUCED THE SAME NUMBER OF POINTS THEY DID LAST YEAR!

THE QB IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OFFENSE MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE!
Really? It's the QB's fault the organization wants a run, run, pass offense?

That damn Ben! HAND OFF BETTER!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
NSMaster56
Living Legend
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 3,022
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 7,529
Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,779 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Good list LloydWoodson.

Although, isn't McDaniels the Pats 'new' OC? Seeing as how he's a former QB coach for them, it's a technicality that he's a 'new' OC for them.

But substantial facts nonetheless.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #23
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Good list LloydWoodson.

Although, isn't McDaniels the Pats 'new' OC? Seeing as how he's a former QB coach for them, it's a technicality that he's a 'new' OC for them.

But substantial facts nonetheless.
And yet you continue to ignore the fact that those offenses actually try to score instead of play ball-control like the Steelers.....
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #24
NSMaster56
Living Legend
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 3,022
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 7,529
Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,779 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
And yet you continue to ignore the fact that those offenses actually try to score instead of play ball-control like the Steelers.....
Huh?

No.

You're right about the style difference, but that doesn't explain the fact that each new OC O stayed in line with their previous year(s) scoring.

They're two different 'arguments'.

The Steelers O is questionable, but it doesn't appear to be strictly the fault of the OC.

EDIT: Though this is not to say it's only the fault of Big Ben. Clearly the OL and lack of #1 RB is a HUGE factor.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #25
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
And yet you continue to ignore the fact that those offenses actually try to score instead of play ball-control like the Steelers.....
Conclusion: Seeing that only Rodgers offensive production changed significantly, if a team wants to score more points they are better off with a new quarterback than a new coordinator.

My point is NOT that every other good qb is directing an offense that scores more points than Ben year in and year out - that is secondary.

The MAIN POINT is that every qb on the list - with the exception of Rodgers - produced almost exactly the same number of points under the new OC as under the old OC.

Every Roethlisberger fan thinks that simple statistical analysis is a "rosetta stone."
__________________
Lloydwoodson's Top 5 Posters of All-Time:

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #26
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 192
Member Number: 24438
Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

John Clayton of ESPN stated today that if Arizona hires Haley as their HC, then Whisenhut could very well be moving back to Pittsburgh to take over as OC. The Cards were 4-0 this year until Kolb got hurt and was out for the year. They went 1-11 with Skelton, Hoyer etc.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #27
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
John Clayton of ESPN stated today that if Arizona hires Haley as their HC, then Whisenhut could very well be moving back to Pittsburgh to take over as OC. The Cards were 4-0 this year until Kolb got hurt and was out for the year. They went 1-11 with Skelton, Hoyer etc.
GoFor7 isn't going to like this. Whisenhunt will design a timed-passing offense that utilizes a running game and play action. GoFor7 and all the Ben fanboys want Mike Martz! Ben is the best qb in the NFL! Anything less than the greatest show on turf is unacceptable! We want the Finest Designs at Heinz!

Anything less than Ben throwing the ball 50 times is absurd! Ben throwing 35-40 times a game isn't working!!! He needs to throw MORE!!!

The BORING BALL CONTROL OFFENSE that Ben used to go 15-1 in his rookie season and the superbowl in his second season must never come back!!!!! Ben is too elite for winning!!!!!
__________________
Lloydwoodson's Top 5 Posters of All-Time:

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #28
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
GoFor7 isn't going to like this. Whisenhunt will design a timed-passing offense that utilizes a running game and play action. GoFor7 and all the Ben fanboys want Mike Martz! Ben is the best qb in the NFL! Anything less than the greatest show on turf is unacceptable! We want the Finest Designs at Heinz!

Anything less than Ben throwing the ball 50 times is absurd! Ben throwing 35-40 times a game isn't working!!! He needs to throw MORE!!!

The BORING BALL CONTROL OFFENSE that Ben used to go 15-1 in his rookie season and the superbowl in his second season must never come back!!!!! Ben is too elite for winning!!!!!
Don't get your hopes up. After being passed up for the Steelers head coaching job, why the hell would Whiz want to come back and work under Tomlin?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #29
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Huh?

No.

You're right about the style difference, but that doesn't explain the fact that each new OC O stayed in line with their previous year(s) scoring.

They're two different 'arguments'.

The Steelers O is questionable, but it doesn't appear to be strictly the fault of the OC.

EDIT: Though this is not to say it's only the fault of Big Ben. Clearly the OL and lack of #1 RB is a HUGE factor.
Actually, yes it does. Under Arians the Steelers actually were able to move the ball down field. The problem was Arians was not good in the red zone. This year, the offense did not give themselves enough opportunities to get into the red zone because they were more concerned with ball-control. They figured it's better to possess for a while and punt rather than score quickly and risk sending a tired defense back onto the field.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #30
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: Hire Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Actually, yes it does. Under Arians the Steelers actually were able to move the ball down field. The problem was Arians was not good in the red zone. This year, the offense did not give themselves enough opportunities to get into the red zone because they were more concerned with ball-control. They figured it's better to possess for a while and punt rather than score quickly and risk sending a tired defense back onto the field.
Wrong!!! In 2006 under Whisenhunt the Steelers were 7th in total offense.

In 2007 under Arians the Steelers were 17th in total offense.

You are a fountain of misinformation, skewed logic and Ben idolatry.

The more control Ben got the less effective the offense was. Period.

The Rooneys are right. You are wrong. But then, their 6 Lombardis is a good indicator the Steelers FO knows what it is doing.
__________________
Lloydwoodson's Top 5 Posters of All-Time:

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts