Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Is wrong That I hate the Cheats more than the Rats

I still can't answer this even after these two teams played in the AFC championship last year. Now, I admit, I probably do hate the Ravens slightly less in part because I do root for the Orioles in baseball. But Harbaugh really grates the crap out of me and while I recognize he's an all time great linebacker, I just wish someone would tell Ray Lewis to stop acting like a drama queen. On the other hand, it's hard not to hate a team that denied you not one but two trips to the Super Bowl. And most of the Pats fans I know with some exceptions are band-wagoners with no affiliation whatsoever with the New England area. They just liked the flashy offense that Brady and Belichick started developing in the mid 2000's and would have probably been bored watching the Pats teams that actually won SBs. Of course, Ravens fans can be just as annoying, I don't need you to shout shit at me just for wearing Pittsburgh gear on a Maryland beach. So I guess I'm undecided. I was happy when Lee Evans had the ball snatched out of him and I compared Billy Cundiff to Ray Finkle after he missed the FG but I got an equal joy at the Giants ruining the Pats chances again. The Ravens hatred is more based in the rivalry. I think if they weren't a division rival, I could respect them some. Pats aren't a division rival and I hate them. So I guess using that metric, it's probably the Pats but it's close. And of course Spygate plays a role here too.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #22
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

I think bandwagon fans just naturally inspire hate for their teams. I despised the Cowboys because of their fans in the 90's who were everywhere and all of course claiming to be fans of the team since the ancient days I live in Massachusetts and I'm sure all of those people are probably "long time Patriot fans" now, too.

But I definitely don't think that reflects on the local New England fan base. Every area has lots of people who just float with whatever team they think is stylish or fun to watch or championship contenders.

People take a lot of shots at Patriot fans for being a bandwagon fan base and non existent before 2011. That simply isn't true. I went to the old Foxboro stadium twice when I was a little kid and I remember that crummy little stadium being packed and loud, and that was in the 80's.

I became a fan in 1993/1994 when I really started watching football (13/14 years old) and the Patriots were on the rise with the Bledsoe / Tuna era. I remember plenty of Patriot fans.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #23
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Anyway, in my opinion, the Patriots are worthy of much more Steeler hate then the Ravens are.

It's an indisputable FACT that Tom Brady owns the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Owns. Isn't his all time record against you like 8-2 or something? With most of those victories coming in the form of 35+ points against the vaunted Pittsburgh defense?

What's Baltimore honestly REALLY done to warrant even being in the same category of hate as the Patriots? Linger in your division? Borrow the division title every once in awhile?

My all time favorite season against the Steelers came in the lead up to our third Superbowl. You broke our game winning streak and then one of your players started yelling ony our field that the Patriots aren't on your level.

In the play offs, later that year, after shutting down Peyton's Colts, went into Heinz Field and ended your season on the way to our Dynasty trophy.

That was when my hate for the Steelers was at its greatest. That year and every year that followed until 2012.

The Ravens? Really?

If you're going to hate anyone. hate us.
Cause' you're not on our level.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

[YOUTUBE]El1xnpu_mtk[/YOUTUBE]

11:55

Remember like it was yesterday.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #25
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

I think you secretly love the Steelers.

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Anyway, in my opinion, the Patriots are worthy of much more Steeler hate then the Ravens are.

It's an indisputable FACT that Tom Brady owns the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Owns. Isn't his all time record against you like 8-2 or something? With most of those victories coming in the form of 35+ points against the vaunted Pittsburgh defense?

What's Baltimore honestly REALLY done to warrant even being in the same category of hate as the Patriots? Linger in your division? Borrow the division title every once in awhile?

My all time favorite season against the Steelers came in the lead up to our third Superbowl. You broke our game winning streak and then one of your players started yelling ony our field that the Patriots aren't on your level.

In the play offs, later that year, after shutting down Peyton's Colts, went into Heinz Field and ended your season on the way to our Dynasty trophy.

That was when my hate for the Steelers was at its greatest. That year and every year that followed until 2012.

The Ravens? Really?

If you're going to hate anyone. hate us.
Cause' you're not on our level.
Look dude. I'm a Ravens fan. I come on here, I talk a little friendly trash, I take my lumps when we lose, I try to give the Steelers credit where due and be honest about the failings of my own team. At the same time, I try to stick up for the Ravens when things get ridiculous, like when Ray Rice got that towel from a Steelers fan and some folks on here were acting like he was Rae Carruth.

What you are doing is, IMHO, far different. You sound like a total douche that doesn't have enough going on in his own life so you need to live your life through your football team. That's sad. Get a girlfriend, get a blowup doll. Reread some of your old science fiction novels that you haven't looked at for weeks. Go to another Star Trek convention, maybe practice shaving for when you get older. Get away from the computer and reconnect with real life, ya know?
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #27
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,179 Times in 3,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
What you are doing is, IMHO, far different. You sound like a total douche that doesn't have enough going on in his own life so you need to live your life through your football team. That's sad. Get a girlfriend, get a blowup doll. Reread some of your old science fiction novels that you haven't looked at for weeks. Go to another Star Trek convention, maybe practice shaving for when you get older. Get away from the computer and reconnect with real life, ya know?
It sounds like you're taking his comments about the Ravens a little personally which completely negates the bold part of your comment. I mean, let's all just chill.

I hate the Patriots more than the Ravens, but that's because most of the time, the Ravens are insignificant. Sure, they borrow our title once and a while but for the most part, they're not a very good team. Flacco doesn't strike fear in my heart and RayRay hasn't been effective for years. Case in point, when Gronkowski made Lewis his bitch earlier this year - that might have been the funniest shit I've ever seen.

It's also a family-feud thing, too. We're all huge football fans in my house and my brother happens to be a Pats fan which automatically means I despise his team by default. But, for the most part, I feel as if the Steelers - Patriots rivalry is one of the most underrated ones in the NFL.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #28
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It sounds like you're taking his comments about the Ravens a little personally which completely negates the bold part of your comment. .
Nah. He's a douche.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to i82much For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

And he still has no sound answer for my simple question.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #30
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Look dude. I'm a Ravens fan. I come on here, I talk a little friendly trash, I take my lumps when we lose, I try to give the Steelers credit where due and be honest about the failings of my own team. At the same time, I try to stick up for the Ravens when things get ridiculous, like when Ray Rice got that towel from a Steelers fan and some folks on here were acting like he was Rae Carruth.

[YOUTUBE]wqvYsMapFEg[/YOUTUBE]