Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #61
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,489 Times in 2,333 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: An Apology to Arians! I Was Wrong!

arians suck
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
PhantomJB93 (01-02-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #62
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
So let's see. Eli spins around, escapes the rush, throws up a prayer, and the ball sticks to the helmet of his TE. An unbelievable catch! He then throws the game-winning TD to a dominant WR, Plaxico Burress, Who easily beats his man and is wide open for the winning score(You know, the guy Ben didn't have to throw to anymore). Oh, and Eli's front four dominate Tom Brady "The Best QB Ever", and the Giants win the game.

In Ben's super bowl against the Cardinals, He was the entire offense for the Steelers. Making escape after escape and moving the chains. His#1 ranked defense giving up a 2 score lead again, only to have Ben lead his team 90 yards(All Ben) for the game winning TD. He had to make the winning throw twice because his receiver dropped the first perfect pass that would have won the game. He had to throw a second perfect game-winning TD pass to a receiver that was covered like tighty whities on a fat ass.Then he had to watch his WR win MVP of the super bowl when everybody that saw the game knows Ben Roethlisberger won that game for the Steelers.

Anything you'd like to add?
Cardinals offense outscored the Steelers offense in that game. As I recall the Steelers offense sputtered in the second half and surprisingly didn't have the necessary killer instinct to put the game away. It took the Cards to take the lead for the Steelers to wake up.

Say what you want about Eli but the kid made the necessary plays to help his team win. And they were great plays I might add. IMO he has outplayed Ben in two Superbowls. That's not to say Ben played great in SB 43.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #63
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Cardinals offense outscored the Steelers offense in that game. As I recall the Steelers offense sputtered in the second half and surprisingly didn't have the necessary killer instinct to put the game away. It took the Cards to take the lead for the Steelers to wake up.

Say what you want about Eli but the kid made the necessary plays to help his team win. And they were great plays I might add. IMO he has outplayed Ben in two Superbowls. That's not to say Ben played great in SB 43.
Patriots, top scoring team in two SB against the Giants and they score 14 and 17. While the Giants offense scored 17 and 19 against a bottom 2 defense. Now who did more the Giants offense or the Giants Defense. Or heres a thought Brady who is on this board the best ever choked like a dog, which is it. Love these kind of comparisons Ben is "carried' by the defense but Eli is the "savior".

As far as the Cardinals outscoring the Steeler offense, not hard to believe since I watched a two score lead blow up in less than 4 minutes in the fourth Quarter by our defense, I am sure Ben was cheering on the Cardinals so he could have that 4th quarter comeback. Puhleseee........... Stop this BS
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #64
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Patriots, top scoring team in two SB against the Giants and they score 14 and 17. While the Giants offense scored 17 and 19 against a bottom 2 defense. Now who did more the Giants offense or the Giants Defense. Or heres a thought Brady who is on this board the best ever choked like a dog, which is it. Love these kind of comparisons Ben is "carried' by the defense but Eli is the "savior".

As far as the Cardinals outscoring the Steeler offense, not hard to believe since I watched a two score lead blow up in less than 4 minutes in the fourth Quarter by our defense, I am sure Ben was cheering on the Cardinals so he could have that 4th quarter comeback. Puhleseee........... Stop this BS
Giants D definitely was the true difference in those games.

I don't know what you are alluding to with Ben cheering on the cards. All I know is that had the O had any sort of consistency and killer instinct, that game would've been well out of reach.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoneBlitzer For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #65
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Giants D definitely was the true difference in those games.

I don't know what you are alluding to with Ben cheering on the cards. All I know is that had the O had any sort of consistency and killer instinct, that game would've been well out of reach.
The "cheering on the cards" was in reference to one poster who believes when Ben plays bad it is to insure that he has a chance to "play hero". You evidently have not had the pleasure of such a reference. For that I am sorry. Killer instincts aside the defense did give up two score in less than 4 minutes, and I will argue with anyone that Bens last drive was much better than Eli and heres why.

Eli/Giants from their own 17 2:39 on clock Eli completes 5 of 9 with two runs and a sack, We all know the miracle catch by Tyree but there was also a 4th and 1 converted in that series.

Ben /Steelers from their own 22, First play completed pass, holding called, now on the 12 yard line. Ben completes 6 of 8 and runs one time his self for 4 yds. No 4th downs just a methodical march down the field, no miracle catches needed (Holmes makes a great catch for TD, yet he admits later that the pass before was much easier he just missed it. So Ben completes 7 of 9 with one called back for holding and Holmes misses one his passes that would of been 6 of 7.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #66
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Or they need to let him win the game early instead of playing Marty ball and then asking Ben to bail them out at the end when that doesn't work.
There were THREE games this year when Ben did not throw more than 30 times.

1. When he got hurt against KC in the terrible weather.

2. When he had a 58 quarterback rating and 2 ints against Cincy in the terrible weather.

3. In the season finale which was a meaningless game and he had no business taking hits... in terrible weather.

Are these the games you are referring to as Ben having been handcuffed in?

Despite throwing more than 30 times every time Ben plays he put up exactly ONE game with more than 30 points... and it was a loss.

Throw more! Ben is too "elite" for winning!

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #67
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

I think people are quick to forget just how bad Arians was. Our offense was horrible down the stretch, for sure, but I really think it was more due to poor execution. There were very few times we called a play that I just wanted to gouge my eyes out over, whereas with Arians it was always the situational playcalling itself that always seemed horrible.

Before the injuries flooded in, Haley's gameplan was working great (I think people are quick to forget we lost to the Raiders and Titans mostly due to poor defense), his situational playcalling was much better, his run plays were designed much better, I remember utilizing Will Johnson successfully as a blocker much more in the first half of the season...it's not time to run him out of town yet. Just because Arians is having success with a completely different team in a different role (IDK how much of the offensive plays he's actually called since he was a HC for most of the year) with completely different weapons and strengths doesn't mean he wasn't awful here.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-02-2013), NSMaster56 (01-02-2013), teegre (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #68
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,782 Times in 7,515 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I think people are quick to forget just how bad Arians was. Our offense was horrible down the stretch, for sure, but I really think it was more due to poor execution. There were very few times we called a play that I just wanted to gouge my eyes out over, whereas with Arians it was always the situational playcalling itself that always seemed horrible.

Before the injuries flooded in, Haley's gameplan was working great (I think people are quick to forget we lost to the Raiders and Titans mostly due to poor defense), his situational playcalling was much better, his run plays were designed much better...it's not time to run him out of town yet. Just because Arians is having success with a completely different team in a different role with completely different weapons and strengths doesn't mean he wasn't awful here.
Spot on.

Speaking in particular about the Raidahs and the Titans games, in both games... there was a chance for the game to be sealed, by completing a short pass to Heath Miller. In both games, the ball fell to the ground... and the other team drove down for the winning FG.

Furthermore, in the Titans game, Keenan Lewis dropped an INT that would have sealed the victory/iced the game.

And, in the Raidahs game, three players fumbled, which gave the Raidahs easy scores/swung momentum in the Raidahs' direction.

The difference between winning & losing is so, so slim.

Lastly, I think that you or I could be the OC for Andrew Luck... and look like a genius:
"Luck... uh... throw it... and convert the third down... and then win the game. Thanks. What? Yes, that is the entire offensive gameplan. You ARE the gameplan."
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #69
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
So let's see. Eli spins around, escapes the rush, throws up a prayer, and the ball sticks to the helmet of his TE. An unbelievable catch! He then throws the game-winning TD to a dominant WR, Plaxico Burress, Who easily beats his man and is wide open for the winning score(You know, the guy Ben didn't have to throw to anymore). Oh, and Eli's front four dominate Tom Brady "The Best QB Ever", and the Giants win the game.

In Ben's super bowl against the Cardinals, He was the entire offense for the Steelers. Making escape after escape and moving the chains. His#1 ranked defense giving up a 2 score lead again, only to have Ben lead his team 90 yards(All Ben) for the game winning TD. He had to make the winning throw twice because his receiver dropped the first perfect pass that would have won the game. He had to throw a second perfect game-winning TD pass to a receiver that was covered like tighty whities on a fat ass.Then he had to watch his WR win MVP of the super bowl when everybody that saw the game knows Ben Roethlisberger won that game for the Steelers.

Anything you'd like to add?
I am going to let you finish... but Kurt Warner had one of the greatest superbowl performances of all time!

Warner threw for 377 yds and 3 tds against the best defense in the NFL (the Steelers 2nd best defense of all time only to the 76 Steelers).

Roethlisberger threw for 256 yards and 1 td against the 28th scoring defense in the NFL.

Warner put up 23 points against a team that had allowed 13.9 that season.

Roethlisberger put up 20 points against a team that had allowed 26.7 that season.

If Harrison does not intercept that pass on 1st and goal from the 2 and score the game-deciding td the Steelers lose that game. He should have been MVP.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #70
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Lastly, I think that you or I could be the OC for Andrew Luck... and look like a genius:
"Luck... uh... throw it... and convert the third down... and then win the game. Thanks. What? Yes, that is the entire offensive gameplan. You ARE the gameplan."
Another person reiterating my point: the quarterback makes the offense go not the coordinator. The quarterback is ultimately responsible for the offense.

RG III's offense put up 27 points per game in 2012. Roethlisberger will never do that. Roethlisberger's offenses have put up more than 23 points per game once in his 9 seasons. Every year it is 20-23 ppg. Nothing will change that.

Getting into shootouts with a quarterback who can not consistently score more than 23 per game is a very very very bad idea.

The Steelers know that even if you don't.