Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #61
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,285 Times in 2,053 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Now... for whom to root?

I'm surprised so many are rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Although I was glad Eli and the NY Football Giants beat Marsha Brady and the Patricheats last year, I couldn't care less if I saw either of the Manning boys again. Or their daddy.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #62
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,072 Times in 4,310 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
I'm surprised so many are rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Although I was glad Eli and the NY Football Giants beat Marsha Brady and the Patricheats last year, I couldn't care less if I saw either of the Manning boys again. Or their daddy.
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #63
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #64
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,072 Times in 4,310 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Archie Manning Says the Colts Would be Stupid to Draft Andrew Luck

FoxSports – Back in 2004, Archie Manning actively tried to keep son Eli from being drafted by the then-hapless San Diego Chargers, who held the top overall pick…

Sounds like Archie might again be dispensing advice regarding a No. 1 overall pick … though this time it’s directed to the Colts, longtime employers of one of Archie’s other sons, four-time MVP Peyton. Archie Manning was asked on FOXSports radio Tuesday if Indianapolis should draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck with the top pick next spring. “I don’t think it’d necessarily be great for either one,” he said regarding Peyton and Luck. “I think Andrew’s the type of mature player … he can walk right in (and play)

…We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year,” said Archie Manning, referring to the family’s offseason passing academy in Louisiana. He and Luck’s father, Oliver, were also teammates on the Houston Oilers in the 1980s.

“Peyton’s always tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. (But) I doubt if either one of them want to play on the same team.”

With friends like these, who needs enemies, huh? Is there no end to the Manning family’s sense of entitlement? Archie in particular? The NFL created a monster with this guy when they caved into his demands in that ’04 draft. I mean, it’s one thing if he had Andrew Luck’s best interest at heart, came out and said he’d like to see things work out for the son of an old teammate. But this isn’t about that. This is 100% about him worried about someone younger and healthier coming along and taking his kid’s job. Not what’s best for Luck. And certainly not what’s best for the team that’s kissed Peyton and Archie’s asses all these years and made Peyton the richest player in the history of the NFL. Archie could give a rat’s taint if the Colts pass on a once-in-a-generation college QB only to find out Peyton is finished. He only cares about his own. He’s the geriatric version of a Pop Warner dad who thinks his kid should be the quarterback, the good of the team be damned. Look, it might or might not be the smart move for Indy to take Luck. But that’s their call to make. It’s not up to the doting father of their rapidly aging, possibly finished franchise player.

But sports parents like stage parents need to learn that even their precious little snowflake will get replaced eventually and there’s no use crying about it.

Now I know where Peyton gets it from...

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ran...t-andrew-luck/
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #65
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

See? Sometimes I actually know what I'm talking about? But now you're just trying to get me all riled up. It worked. GO COLTS!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #66
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,756 Times in 7,915 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
See? Sometimes I actually know what I'm talking about? But now you're just trying to get me all riled up. It worked. GO COLTS!
Even more reason to see Luck defeat his predecessor.

[Note: Luck's parents & the Mannings are actually friends. Peyton mentored Luck. But, still... I'd love to see Luck take out Peyton.]
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #67
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

I think the most interesting story would be if Andrew Luck and The Colts won the AFC and RGIII and The Redskins won the NFC. Then The Redskins because a Super Bowl should not be won by Luck.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #68
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
I think the most interesting story would be if Andrew Luck and The Colts won the AFC and RGIII and The Redskins won the NFC. Then The Redskins because a Super Bowl should not be won by Luck.
1. That would indeed be a great match-up.

2. I bet we see that match-up at least once before those two retire.

3. Very punny: "not won by Luck."

(Go Colts!!!)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #69
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,372 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Meh. I don't really consider the PI call a matter of bad blood. That's more against the officials than the Steelers.
Logically, you are correct.

But come up to the Pac NW and sport Steelers gear and you'll realize that logic doesn't triumph.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #70
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Logically, you are correct.

But come up to the Pac NW and sport Steelers gear and you'll realize that logic doesn't triumph.
I walked inot a sports-bar, and has to discuss (debunk) a Seahawk's gripes for an hour... and this was less than a year ago. They haves NOT let go of it.

But, go Russell Wilson!!!