Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #91
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: An Apology to Arians! I Was Wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I think Luck could be in that group of Special Players such as Peyton, Brady, Marino, but lets not crown him after one season. But to my eyes and as a rookie he is special, only solidifies the opinion of nearly every NFL guru before the draft. RGII has put up numbers like no rookie before and consistent too, yet, he has played only one season, lets see how he does in the years to come. i have heard only one or two detractors for RGIII and they both say the same thing and that is the system has been limited and RGIII does not go through his progressions like he should, the Redskin running game (and RGII is part of that ) is one of the best in the league. Example when we played them we stopped the run and while flashes of his game were present he did not do near as much as in other games. Wilson, well what can you say, I wanted the Steelers to draft him if possible,(size be damned, I wanted Flutie too) I had already heard how smart this kid was and I had watched him enough top like what I saw. But lets see what their future has in store.
Yeah I remember someone was talking up Wilson. Good call! Too bad the front office doesn't listen to us fans. I remember someone promoting Kirk Cousins as well. He has been good in limited action.

RGIII is playing within a system and people say that like its a bad thing. Isn't it hard enough to win games without trying to win a certain way? Good for RGIII to do what is necessary to win. When he becomes more experienced they might open the offense for him but I don't think that is necessary if it works.

Luck to me is overhyped. He put up a lot of yards because he threw an unbelievable amount of times. Still, he did place some REALLY nice throws and he is getting the bad ones out of the way early. Nothing is going to give the kid experience like throwing the ball 600 times.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #92
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I was on board with Cousins also just did not see him going as high. As far as RGIII system its more of a matter of will the Redskins be able to continue to run at a high level, When or if their running game is stymied then he will be put into more situations that where his reads become more difficult. Either way great seasons to start their NFL careers, barring injury I hope to see what their future holds. Just glad two of them are in the NFC.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #93
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

I will never forgive Airhead for not using Heath Miller. Airhead is gone and Miller had a career year. And our fullback looked pretty darn good when the Oline was clicking as well. Two things that would never happen with Airhead. Sorry, but I don't think he is that great of an offensive mind.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LVSteelersfan For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-02-2013), lloydwoodson (01-03-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #94
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Arians will end up in San Diego or Arizona or some place like that and stink the joint up. Can't wait. No way he is head coaching material despite what happened this year. The players were inspired because of Pagano, not because of Airhead.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LVSteelersfan For This Useful Post:
Fire Arians (01-02-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #95
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I was on board with Cousins also just did not see him going as high. As far as RGIII system its more of a matter of will the Redskins be able to continue to run at a high level, When or if their running game is stymied then he will be put into more situations that where his reads become more difficult. Either way great seasons to start their NFL careers, barring injury I hope to see what their future holds. Just glad two of them are in the NFC.
I agree that RGIII is going to have to run less in the future. He is alrea. Hasn't dy hobbling around this year at the end of his rookie season when he is young and fresh.

Look at the injuries Vick has sustained while running- not pretty.

I think RGIII will do well . Hasn't complained he is running too much like McNabb did.

I think RGIII throws a nice ball and is a good guy who his teammates already look up to. RGIII is already the leader of that team. Very impressive.

Washington is going to be in the playoffs for years to come. Giants need to get it together or they are in trouble.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote