Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #31
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
Default Re: Ben admits he rushed back too soon

People can't believe there is a happy medium. Either Ben is great or Ben sucks and blew the whole season. The defense was just as much at fault for not making the playoffs this year as the offense was. When Ike went out, the D went out the window. Lebeau refused to put his CBs on the WRs and chuck them. They just got 10 yard passes over and over and over on second and third down.

Face it. Ben is a pretty good QB (not great) and the coaching staff is pretty good (not great) Pretty good only gets you so far in the NFL.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LVSteelersfan For This Useful Post:
fer522 (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #32
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Am I missing something? Where could I find that he blamed his performance for his rush back?
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #33
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
Am I missing something? Where could I find that he blamed his performance for his rush back?
He didn't - - but that won't stop the barking seal herd from jumping in with their yonking
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-02-2013), stairway27 (01-04-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #34
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
I knew he was hurt. He came back too soon as usual. This is getting old. The FO needs to address this. If he gets hurt next year, which chances are he will, they need to sit him. A week beyond the point at which he is cleared to return and wants to.

Ben playing injured is costing us games, and in this case, possible runs to the SB. We need a steady OL, and a dependable, young and capable QB. Anything else and we will be saying the same thing next year.
Did you see how our backups played? They were awful, it was a miracle we won the Baltimore game. The offensive output was painful. An injured Ben was our best option to win, and it just didn't happen. Maybe Lefty will be ok, I think his poor play was due to the injury he suffered during the game and he actually has an arm. But Batch is toast and has been for 2 years now.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #35
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,737 Times in 7,497 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Nothing surprising. Guy was injured, but the best option the Steelers had. If he isnt injured, then he doesnt throw it as poorly and miss WR's as bad as he did.

You guys crying that it was all bad decisions....the ball he threw at Wallace that was picked off in OT was thrown badly behind Wallace and into the defenders arms. A good throw and its a completion.
Well said.

I can barely throw if I have a hangnail... let alone a separated rib tendon.

An injury like that can make a pass be "only" one yard off... but, that "one yard" can be all that it takes to go from completion to INT.

Furthermore, being "open" in the NFL is a difference of inches (not even a yard). A WR has to be thrown open... and, again, it's hard to throw a WR open, when one can barely throw.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #36
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Typical Ben.

Honestly, you guys are always claiming Brady is this huge skirt but take a look at Ben. He's constantly making excuses and looking for sympathy. He looks for sympathy about 3 or 4 times a season with his constant harpings on his injuries to the media.

I can think of no other player in the league who mentions his injuries to the media more than Big Ben. Woe is me, all the time.

I just don't think a quarterback with true grit is constantly whining to journalists about how hurt he is.

Steeler fans over estimate and in some cases even completely invent the `toughness` of Big Ben.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PATS16N0 For This Useful Post:
Edman (01-02-2013), lloydwoodson (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #37
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Typical Ben.

Honestly, you guys are always claiming Brady is this huge skirt but take a look at Ben. He's constantly making excuses and looking for sympathy. He looks for sympathy about 3 or 4 times a season with his constant harpings on his injuries to the media.

I can think of no other player in the league who mentions his injuries to the media more than Big Ben. Woe is me, all the time.

I just don't think a quarterback with true grit is constantly whining to journalists about how hurt he is.

Steeler fans over estimate and in some cases even completely invent the `toughness` of Big Ben.
Tell me about it. Roethlisberger has played a full 16 game season one time in his 9 seasons. Brady has not missed a game in the last 10 outside of his injury season. Manning has not missed a game in his career outside of his injury season.

Somehow Ben is way tougher than those "soft" quarterbacks who could never play behind the Steelers line. Meanwhile the Pats O-Line has 2 undrafted free agents starting.

The Colts "elite" O-Line Manning went to the superbowl with was an UDFA, UDFA, 4th and 5th round players + 1st round LT. Manning's elite line had 1st round pick and 4 players who nobody considered any good. Did not miss a game for 11 seasons but he is soft.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #38
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Well said.

I can barely throw if I have a hangnail... let alone a separated rib tendon.

An injury like that can make a pass be "only" one yard off... but, that "one yard" can be all that it takes to go from completion to INT.

Furthermore, being "open" in the NFL is a difference of inches (not even a yard). A WR has to be thrown open... and, again, it's hard to throw a WR open, when one can barely throw.
So Ben's terrible Cincy game was because of his ribs?

1st game back - 285 yds 3 tds 1int 88 rating

2nd game back - 339 yds 2td 1int 94 rating

Now his ribs flare up

3rd game back - 220 yds 1 td 2 int (including the pick 6 that lost the game) 58 rating

^The Magic Rib Theory

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
Edman (01-03-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #39
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Ben's arm/shoulder didn't seem to be bothering him too much when he was waving it around yelling, "Cut!"

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...are%3Afacebook
The real question is:
In the portion where the WRs & RBs are singing (near the end), who is the dude standing still, staring angrily forward, and not singing???
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #40
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
So Ben's terrible Cincy game was because of his ribs?

1st game back - 285 yds 3 tds 1int 88 rating

2nd game back - 339 yds 2td 1int 94 rating

Now his ribs flare up

3rd game back - 220 yds 1 td 2 int (including the pick 6 that lost the game) 58 rating

^The Magic Rib Theory
Prior to injury: 4 INTs in nine games.

After return: 4 INTs in three games.

Also, in his first game back, looked like crap. Was down by 24 points before he even threw his first TD.

Lastly, it won't matter what I say. You will find a way to ignore anything & everything anyone says. That is why you & Gofor7 are so perfect for each other: the two of you can debate with each other over & over & over & over & over... in every single thread... and say the same things to each other... in every single thread... and totally ignore each other.

You two are a match made in heaven (albeit, on different sides of the debated topics).

So, please, direct your posts to Gofor7... he, like you, enjoys posting the same drivel ad nauseum.