Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #131
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
But Ben is the supposed "Changed Man" and emerged as a "leader" in the Steelers locker room. He should take a little more responsibility for his offense, but he doesn't. He wants to be regarded as a field general, a leader and a great guy but doesn't lead his unit competently. He doesn't lead by example or inspire his teammates to step up their game. Look no further at his propensity for finger-pointing and pot-shots at Haley in the media. That should tell you everything about Ben's "leadership".
So because Ben is supposedly a big jerk, the receivers drop balls? Yeah, that makes sense.

Ben already is a leader on the offense, the problem is the young guys don't listen. And that's on them, not Ben.

Quote:
"I'll do it like this, but if anything goes wrong, it's not my fault." That's Ben's attitude. It's unprofessional, irresponsible, and incompetent.

Like I said, the Steelers Offense is desperate for true leadership, and Ben is just unwilling to do it.
Right, because Ben never took the blame for the last two losses. Even after he called out Haley for the play calling in Dallas he still admitted he made a bad throw in OT and cost the team.

Sometimes the truth gets in the way, doesn't it?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #132
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

And Brady has never had blowups with his OCs, and Peyton never threw his OL under the bus, Haley and Boldin had a famous exchange on the sidelines. Players are not going to agree with their coaches or team mates all the time. As far as a leader, that only comes into play when things are not going well, (hey you need someone to blame) I might be mistaken but every player, every coach, are paid professionals. They are paid to do their jobs, now if they are failing due to lack of effort, a cheerleader is not going to remedy the problem, that is the coaches job, maybe even a group of veterans, not just the QB. If they are failing because of one or two players not doing their job, then I would expect the coaches to handle that. I have rarely seen Ben even point a finger at a team mate, while on the other hand Brady has made sure that everyone knows its not his fault by pitching his little fits on the field, guess that is what a "real" leader is.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #133
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
And Brady has never had blowups with his OCs, and Peyton never threw his OL under the bus, Haley and Boldin had a famous exchange on the sidelines. Players are not going to agree with their coaches or team mates all the time. As far as a leader, that only comes into play when things are not going well, (hey you need someone to blame) I might be mistaken but every player, every coach, are paid professionals. They are paid to do their jobs, now if they are failing due to lack of effort, a cheerleader is not going to remedy the problem, that is the coaches job, maybe even a group of veterans, not just the QB. If they are failing because of one or two players not doing their job, then I would expect the coaches to handle that. I have rarely seen Ben even point a finger at a team mate, while on the other hand Brady has made sure that everyone knows its not his fault by pitching his little fits on the field, guess that is what a "real" leader is.
Peyton threw his OL under the bus in 2006 one time. In that game he was sacked 5 times. Peyton Manning is the hardest qb to sack in the NFL.

His career sack % is 3.1. In the game he complained about it was 11.6. Peyton was sacked 4 more times than he was used to and he called out his UDFA line.

Once. 7 years ago.

Please state some more negative media coverage Peyton has generated.

Yeah Peyton Manning... the bad boy of the NFL

Who cares about a blowup on the sidelines with an OC? It is in the heat of the battle. It is expected. Trashing your OC to the media is 100% different than yelling at him to his face. Don't play dumb please.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote