Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #31
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I'm not sure what "Exactally this peace of crap hopefully let Halley get out" means

I've acknowledge, he wasn't right upon return. He couldn't even check down or hit some of those beloved bubble screens - very low or very high - def hurt
Oh something got away there I think I deleted something accidentlly there. I think I wanted to say exactlly this peace of crap got as in that mess or something like that hopefully it let Haley get out of Pittsburgh.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #32
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
I do believe we had more points per game this season then last.... How that's possible is pretty amazing considering we lost Ben for several games this year...and when he returned he was awful. Also considering just how banged up our O-line was this year compared to last.

If Haley sticks around and Ben does a better job running it..... we'll be damn good.
The points per game was still subpar for this offense.

Quote:
Some of the Arians lovers fail to recall that Arians wouldn't let Ben go no-huddle that often either. There is a reason - and Ben, and his receivers, are a main part of that - not enough discipline.
It wasn't because of Ben. It was mainly because of all the injuries and turnover on that offensive line.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #33
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Next thing they'll be sayin Whiz back to Pitt.
Whats next
John Clayton of ESPN stated that Whisenhut could very well end up in Pittsburgh as our new OC if Haley goes to the Cards.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
John Clayton of ESPN stated that Whisenhut could very well end up in Pittsburgh as our new OC if Haley goes to the Cards.
There must've been some sort of healing moment between Whiz and the Rooneys if that is going to happen.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,681 Times in 1,765 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Lol! This was the response after I talked shit on the offense after the Denver game. "40 passes to 26 runs! da stillerz ain't run da ball enough!"

Yo, their running game was snuffed out because of how predictable it was and Ben had to bail the team out on 3rd down and at the end of the game when the defense couldn't stop Peyton. It's not about the number of run or pass attempts, it's about the way they are used.

Which proves he can't bail the team out from their stupidity all the time. Again, you look so much at the run/pass ratio but you fail to consider the circumstances in which the plays are run. The Steelers stubbornly ran on first and second down, which made it easy for Denver's defense to stop. They had to rely on Ben at the end because they had no choice.

Now in contrast, look at how the Broncos ran the ball that day. They were unpredictable in the way they did it, and they used a lot of no-huddle. They weren't pissing their pants over time of possession, nor were they concerned about how football was played in the early 70's.

And Haley's offense has proof.....?

Ben had two super bowls before Haley came along.

I would explain to you that ball control offense don't score many points, but it seems to go in one ear and out the other, so I won't bother.
The circumstances? They had the lead at the half. The circumstances? Ben threw a pick 6 and a 2 pt conversion. Essentially, I'd say the offense was competitive for the majority of the game.

Ben needs to earn the right to go no huddle - he's the one that audibles into the predictable run plays. If they had a smart QB (and by smart, I mean smart enough to let go of his ego to listen to others) he would have been given the reigns by 3 dif OCs by now. He hasn't - not all 3 are crazy. You want Ben to be Manning or Brady (which is the master dink and dunker - a lot like Joe Montanta ((too 80s football style for me! - who cares if it works!?)))

We won't convince each other. When I see Ben become a student like your other two faves, then I'll shut up - otherwise - Ben is part of the problem IMO.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (01-03-2013), fer522 (01-03-2013), lloydwoodson (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #36
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
No I see it - he just won't buy into something other than the idea of him being in control, which, doesn't work.

Those other two guys know when to listen and learn and go from there. Ben portrays that he is above it - hence, plateaued. If Ben progressed, then maybe they would go more no huddle.

Some of the Arians lovers fail to recall that Arians wouldn't let Ben go no-huddle that often either. There is a reason - and Ben, and his receivers, are a main part of that - not enough discipline.
You didn't just said that Ben isn't good enough for the no huddle are you. Do you know who was running it in a success at the start of the season. Joe Flacco and you tell me Ben can't run a no huddle offense? Ben is a very intelligant Quarterback and well capable for no huddle but the 2 guys you mentioned there they just wanna run the show like they want it to be and aren't open for something else. It's maybe out of topic here but the same thing is destroying the Lakers at the moment. An open for nothing coach thanks Mr. Haley.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #37
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Haley to interview for card's coaching gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
Kirby is a RB coach. So he may just run, run, run the ball. Ben will not like that..
even though he's a RB coach - we'll still be airing the ball alot. There's no denying its a "passing" league now.
What we need is one good (great) back to be our #1 guy, which would then help the pass game. I'm not a big fan of this running back by committee.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,689 Times in 2,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Send Haley get Norv.
i agree. get norv at all costs.

he has SB pedigree, tons of HC experience, and turned in golden running seasons with guys like emmit smith, stephen davis, rickey williams, frank gore and ladainian tomlinson (some with piss poor lines).
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #39
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post
I think Ben is a little better than you give him credit for, but I think you absolutely nailed it. Especially about the line. He rarely has time to go down field and when he does there were drops or he missed them. If anyone is not happy with the log ball, look at the attempts, I'll bet there were plenty and they only connected on a few.

And yeah Ben cannot play like manning or brady and vice versa.

Where do you get your suspicions on handing the "Keys" over to Ben in the second half of the season? I had the same suspicion but if there is more to it than that, I'd like to see it.
I think when our O-line went down...and took our running game with it.. we really had no choice to put more pressure on Ben to score points. I also think Ben had been lobbying for this all season... he got his way and it flopped.

As for Ben's talent.... me saying hes' no Brady or Manning or even Brett Farve is not saying he's no good. He's damn good. Ben is a HR hitter... he's a gamer... he used to be clutch also.... problem is HR hitters also strike out a lot when they swing for the fences. That style puts more pressure on the defense...we needed a shift in offensive style... the owners demanded it... our talent demanded it. Ben is a great QB... but he's not any of those HOF qb's being mentioned. The stats prove it.

Ben has always struggled to consistently score points... that's' just a fact. Blame it on the coaches, blame the talent around him, or maybe blame it on Ben's talent? take your pick... but lets face it.. Ben's had the chance to carry the offense in the past... the offense still struggled to score. It's time to accept it...and maybe try a new philosophy on offense. I think Haley brings that to the table.

I think Arians success in Indy also supports my thinking... his QB is a true passer now. Not saying Ben is bad... I'll probably argue that Ben is a HOF qb after all is said and done. It's just a difference of skill set.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madtowndrunkard For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #40
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

its just permission to interview. Chill. He's not hired yet.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
Danny136200 (01-03-2013), harrison'samonster (01-03-2013)