Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #41
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653
Default Re: Will James Harrison Be Back In 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
We have to bring James back there is no question. He is still a very important factor to our defense and we need him back.

Which would be no big of a deal if we reconstructure it which we hopefully do. I think then his cap charge is only 5 mil and a few which is a absolut great prize for a dude like James.

And I'm very shocked actually to here these things from all you steeler fans. This freekin' nature trained his butt of the last pre season to get back in shape. He flew to Arizona to make kind of an special oxygen training to get back in shape for 2012. Then right before pre season it was obious that he needs knee surgery and he worked again his butt of to come on the field as fast as he can and played great through the strech of the season. Definitly not 100% healthy all year and now you say he's not worth it? Common give this dude his well deserved pay check and let him come back for another one or two runs at the Vince Lombardi.

Another word maybe to Hampton and Woodly who actually had a way worse year then James. Hampton came in not healthy either and had great games in the 2nd half of the season and Woodly also was unhealthy all year very sad but not much you can do there.
$5M cap charge is a lot to a team that is currently over $10M cap limit.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #42
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

We're about 10 mil under if we restructure LaMarr, James, Ben, Antonio and Lawrence. Do you really want to be 15 under with a rookie OLB or Worlids although I'm a fan of the game he brings to a table as a sub. I want the monster in place because we're making a hugh step away from the Lombardi without him.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #43
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
We're about 10 mil under if we restructure LaMarr, James, Ben, Antonio and Lawrence. Do you really want to be 15 under with a rookie OLB or Worlids although I'm a fan of the game he brings to a table as a sub. I want the monster in place because we're making a hugh step away from the Lombardi without him.
You have a valid point there. Can Worlids step into that ROLB spot on a permanent basis for next season?

But if letting Harrison go allowed the Steelers to hang onto other guys like Wallace and/or Lewis, then Harrison has to go. You don't keep an aging LB over two young guys.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #44
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
You have a valid point there. Can Worlids step into that ROLB spot on a permanent basis for next season?

But if letting Harrison go allowed the Steelers to hang onto other guys like Wallace and/or Lewis, then Harrison has to go. You don't keep an aging LB over two young guys.
No but I would over Lewis, even if next year is Harrisons last I think he gives them a better chance to succed than Lewis and Lewis is replaceable. Not for Mike he would be a big loss over the next 5+ years. But I think there is a chance to go with James and Mike under the cap. Lewis can go if it needs to be.

Non the less I do think Lewis played a heck of a season and would be a loss too.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #45
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

I believe Harrison plays two more years and retires. Worilds then takes over.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #46
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

We need to keep both Harrison and Polamalu. They are the two best at forcing turnovers. In my opinion, Woodley needs to go. LaMarr looks fat and slow out there. Woodley's cap hit is over $13 million next season and the second highest on the team (behind only Big Ben). He didn't look very good all season and either needs to restructure or get cut.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #47
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,832 Times in 1,364 Posts

If anyone needs to restructure - its Little Debbie Lamarr. He's worth 3 valuable roster spots at the moment.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote