Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #41
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,179 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

This is nuts to me. Ever since Art II whispered in Tomin's ear to fire Arians, it seems like Tomlin is under higher and higher scrutiny with his staff. I love Tomlin, believe he is GREAT under these circumstances. John Clayton stated on ESPN that if Haley goes to Arizona, then Whiz could very well be our new O.C. Crazy. I'm just going to sit back and watch.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #42
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
There must've been some sort of healing moment between Whiz and the Rooneys if that is going to happen.

A move like that would probably also be the end of Ben in Pittsburgh. It's no secret that Ben and Whiz were not big fans of each other.

Also anyone noticing the theme through out Ben's career? No one other then Bruce Arians ever liked the guy. His teammates especially. Now they say all the right things...but I'm not buying it. This offense also lacks "team first" players. Bettis and Ward were prime examples of team first players that were true leaders. Ben has tried to fill that roll...but when he cant' even get on board with the coaches for the sake of the team....it falls on deaf ears.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #43
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
This is nuts to me. Ever since Art II whispered in Tomin's ear to fire Arians, it seems like Tomlin is under higher and higher scrutiny with his staff. I love Tomlin, believe he is GREAT under these circumstances. John Clayton stated on ESPN that if Haley goes to Arizona, then Whiz could very well be our new O.C. Crazy. I'm just going to sit back and watch.

Whisenhunt is reportedly being pursued - and it could happen very quickly - by the Buffalo Bills for their HC position.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #44
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
its just permission to interview. Chill. He's not hired yet.
exactly what I'm thinking. Anything can happen, and it's fun to think about it, but I wouldn't read anything into it.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #45
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,759 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Brady and Manning don't want to listen to anyone?

Fine - I can see where someone would think that. Manning calling the shots (proven capability) Brady yelling at his O.C., standing at the line, calling the shots, winning despite the OC in place.

Ben hasn't shown the capability or given reason for trust. He is smart - I didn't say that - just hasn't proven capable to be willing to do what it takes.

I want Ben. I don't want anyone else. He is fully capable if he gives in a little. But he is one stubborn son of a gun that I think doesn't know best. The "He's a 2x SB winning QB with another appearance" is fine and all - if you want to rest on that. I don't.

that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #46
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,355 Times in 1,557 Posts
Default Re: Haley to interview for card's coaching gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...aley-interview

If he gets this job the front office needs to be on the phone with Norv Turner fast. He may not have been the best head coach, but i think he is a very good O-coordinator??? Whats your thoughts??
Many teams will be all over Norv. Jets, Cowboys, every other team who cleared out their FO, has a young QB and/or struggled offensively last year (Raiders, Jags, Cards...).

If Haley does leave, the best replacement option may be internal.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #47
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,759 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Norv is the sexy pick. I wouldn't mind it at all. Do you think he would rather go somewhere else and start over with someone younger - or chomp more at the chance to have someone like Ben to work with?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #48
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,355 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Norv is the sexy pick. I wouldn't mind it at all. Do you think he would rather go somewhere else and start over with someone younger - or chomp more at the chance to have someone like Ben to work with?
Good point about talent. Talent wise, it's hard to beat what 'Burgh has to offer.

Still, we're counting chickens here and the money/exposure factor can't be discounted.

Teams like NY and DAL (and maybe even CLE and their new ownership) will be more likely to pony up extra dough to bring in Norv (and Norv came up in DAL, so maybe there's a 'loyalty factor'?).

If Norv wants to win and/or have the most talent, and if Haley does leave, then PIT is surely in the top-3 of his best choices.

If Norv has loyalties elsewhere (DAL/OAK), wants to chase the money/big market (DAL/NYJ) or work with a young team (everyone else), PIT is nowhere near his radar.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #49
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

I'd be okay with Whiz back as OC in the event Haley leaves, but I'd really like to see another year of Haley's system.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #50
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

It is WAYYYYYYYYY too early to give up on Todd Haley' system.

For starters, even though it suffered from the same broken-azz Oline and lack of running game as under Arians' scheme-- it DID score more points than any of Arian's offenses I believe.

Also, until the injury bug rolled around, until Ben got injured in what appeared to me to be a freak injury, and until we lost our entire secondary-- we were starting to roll at 6-3, Ben was having a career season, and the offense was starting to look like something respectable.

Then, Ben has a baby, gets hurt, and never returns to form. All 4 CBs get hurt. We lose 3 of 5 starters on the Oline. The RBs forget how to hold the ball--- and it is time to fire Haley?

Who, pray tell, are we going to replace him with?

EVERYBODY is looking to send Norv Turner an offer. Methinks the Jets will probably make another dumb move and break the bank to get Norv-- they are that desperate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
Danny136200 (01-03-2013)