Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #61
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,081 Posts
Default Re: Ben admits he rushed back too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
So Ben's terrible Cincy game was because of his ribs?

1st game back - 285 yds 3 tds 1int 88 rating

2nd game back - 339 yds 2td 1int 94 rating

Now his ribs flare up

3rd game back - 220 yds 1 td 2 int (including the pick 6 that lost the game) 58 rating

^The Magic Rib Theory
Have you ever separated your shoulder AC joint? Have you ever separated your SC joint?

I am not trying to point to stats to prove a point like you are...because statistically speaking, the average human has one testicle and one breast. Hiding behind stats is bullshit.

I can tell you from experience that its difficult to make an overhand throw with any velocity with a separation and it hurts like hell.

So all the whiners blaming Ben's INT vs Dallas on poor decision making are likely haters that dont understand that he probably makes that throw if he can put strength and accuracy behind the throw.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #62
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Have you ever separated your shoulder AC joint? Have you ever separated your SC joint?

I am not trying to point to stats to prove a point like you are...because statistically speaking, the average human has one testicle and one breast. Hiding behind stats is bullshit.

I can tell you from experience that its difficult to make an overhand throw with any velocity with a separation and it hurts like hell.

So all the whiners blaming Ben's INT vs Dallas on poor decision making are likely haters that dont understand that he probably makes that throw if he can put strength and accuracy behind the throw.
Nobody's disputing that separated shoulder AC and SC joints hurt.
What I'm disputing is Ben's intelligence to decide to play in a critical game, not being 100% and knowing it.
Cause if it's hurts, he could feel it.
So either he lied to the doctors or he believed that playing injured would be sufficient to beat a team like Dallas on the road, Either way, he needs to have his head examined. After 8 seasons and God knows how many injuries and lost games due to his inability to play (see San Francisco) he should place the best interest of the team before his ego.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #63
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Nobody's disputing that separated shoulder AC and SC joints hurt.
What I'm disputing is Ben's intelligence to decide to play in a critical game, not being 100% and knowing it.
Cause if it's hurts, he could feel it.
So either he lied to the doctors or he believed that playing injured would be sufficient to beat a team like Dallas on the road, Either way, he needs to have his head examined. After 8 seasons and God knows how many injuries and lost games due to his inability to play (see San Francisco) he should place the best interest of the team before his ego.
Ben Roethlisberger at 70% is better than Charlie Batch at 110%. Ben knows it, the coaches know it, the Dr.'s know it. That is likely why he played while still hurt.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #64
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:

My point is that he played OK in his first 2 games back. The season was still salvageable. He played terribly against Cincy the furthest game away from his injury.

I do not believe he was badly hurt. I believe he was healthy. I do not believe that Haley would design a game that was 44 passes vs 17 runs against the Chargers if Ben was hurt.

If Ben had been hurting during that game then Haley should not have designed a game the following week of 44 passes vs 17 runs for the same result.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #65
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger at 70% is better than Charlie Batch at 110%. Ben knows it, the coaches know it, the Dr.'s know it. That is likely why he played while still hurt.
I don't know about that. Charlie record when filling in for Ben is pretty good. I think he could of got us at least 2 of those 3 losses.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EbonySteel86 For This Useful Post:
SteelerJay (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #66
SteelerJay
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16041

another year with the same bullshit excuse...

why the fudge did the head coach and OC let the guy with the bad shoulder (this year), bad ankle (last year) and whatever else so many times, play QB?

I keep telling you guys, between the coach and the qb, they're taking the rest of us down

when Ben was suspended, steelers go 3 - 1, with the one loss a tough late drive by the ravens to win by 3, with the #2 and #3 qb's

this year, Batch goes into Baltimore and wins after having a full week's practice, things looking up...Ben decides he's good to go the next week and loses 4 out of 5 and now says he came back too soon

why continue to throw away the season year after year because meathead and brainiac make boneheaded decisions??
SteelerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelerJay For This Useful Post:
Edman (01-04-2013), Kanata-Steeler (01-10-2013), plenewken (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #67
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
This is another reason why the Steelers need a good, young backup QB, so they don't have to rush Ben back if he gets injured.
No shit. Leftwich and Batch have tenure, it seems. I'd bring back neither.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #68
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
I don't know about that. Charlie record when filling in for Ben is pretty good. I think he could of got us at least 2 of those 3 losses.
Before the pick in Dallas, Ben was 24-39 for 339 yards and 2 TD. Batch could not have done that.

The team clearly does not trust him to win games. He had a good quarter in Baltimore against what we now know is an average team.

Time to get serious about the backup QB position. Get a guy like Kyle Orton or Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Moore, draft a developmental guy.

No more favors to family friends, please.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #69
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

what makes anyone think we would have won any of the games down the stretch if Ben didn't play. He was our best chance to win. Whether he was 100%, 80%, or 60%, he was our best option. Our offense was anemic with the backups during those 3 games. In the Baltimore game we got a couple of big turnovers on D, which we didn't get all season. And then Charlie put together one great drive in the 4th to win it. We don't win in Dallas or against Cincy with Batch or Lefty either.
We took our shot with Ben and it didn't pan out. It was the right move given the circumstances.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #70
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJay View Post
another year with the same bullshit excuse...

why the fudge did the head coach and OC let the guy with the bad shoulder (this year), bad ankle (last year) and whatever else so many times, play QB?

I keep telling you guys, between the coach and the qb, they're taking the rest of us down

when Ben was suspended, steelers go 3 - 1, with the one loss a tough late drive by the ravens to win by 3, with the #2 and #3 qb's

this year, Batch goes into Baltimore and wins after having a full week's practice, things looking up...Ben decides he's good to go the next week and loses 4 out of 5 and now says he came back too soon

why continue to throw away the season year after year because meathead and brainiac make boneheaded decisions??
Ben wasn't even hurt that bad. He's just looking for an excuse for fucking up the season. Like I said, Ben's arm looked quite good misfiring all over the field against Cincinnati and throwing INT's to guys in orange.

Ben derailed the Steelers this season, that's all there is to it.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
Kanata-Steeler (01-10-2013)