Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #61
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: 364/575, 4,179 yards, 33 TD, 10 INT

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I am BB's biggest fan, and, Yes, the defense was ineffective earlier this year...

...but, in both of those aforementioned games, BB could have sealed the victory with a completed third down pass to Heath Miller.

The difference between starting the season 6-3 and 8-1 is two little passes.

That is how "close" the NFL is.
Or 1-8 if Ben didn't lead the league in 3rd down passing halfway through the season.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #62
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,965 Times in 7,589 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Or 1-8 if Ben didn't lead the league in 3rd down passing halfway through the season.
Exactly.

Which is why, when he got injured, the season went kaput.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #63
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
As pete74 (and many others have mentioned), the Taperiots run more than the Steelers.
How many time does it have to be explained the quantity isn't as important, especially when you consider bubble screens and the end of the half. The Patriots a) aren't as predictable with their running plays, thus giving themselves the option to use it more, and b) run the ball out of no-huddle, which is very effective against a tired defense.

Quote:
Media tours? What are you talking about?
Artie went around the local media to do damage control after he lied about the removal of Arians. He talked about how Ben needed to change his game and other crap. All of Yinzer Nation bitches when Ben complains about getting a new playbook rammed down his throat, but it's okay when Artie doesn't keep it in-house?

Quote:
3 TEs... like the Taperiots???
Are you seriously comparing Pope and Paulson to Aaron Hernandez?

Quote:
Again, pete74 compared BB to Brady's dink & dunk offense. YOU apparently do not think that BB can handle (or wants to handle) that type of personal development... because, FYI, Brady indeed develops his offense every single year. You are not for that. I, on the other hand, think that BB can always learn to improve his game (as in a league-leading 3rd down efficiency rating this past season).
Right, Brady develops it - it runs around him. Ben gets a new playbook rammed down his throat. Big difference.

Quote:
Bouchette said it... a beat writer. Uh... hmmm. I posted a thread about Greg Cosell, who is an experienced analyst, who said that Haley was calling the right plays... but, you ignored that... you ignored an actual analyst (unbiased, to boot), in favor of Ed Bouchette (who is extremely opinionated). Regardless, we have been over this road far too many times. I say that Art II wanted to protect his QB, which I think he did... and, you will say that you think that the Steelers are playing scared, or playing Marty-ball, or playing close to the vest... or some other cliche of the week. We'll just have to agree to disagree on whether the offense was indeed structured around BB.
1.) They failed to protect Ben - 3 weeks of injury proves that. No excuses just like there were none for Arians.

2.) Artie isn't the football genius you think he is just because of his last name. Sorry I don't drink the Rooney cool-aid.

3.) When did a team win the super bowl playing small ball? You keep bringing up Brady - the Patriots win games early, allowing their running game to take over in the end. The Steelers play close to the vest for most of the game, hoping Ben can bail them out in the end. Big difference. The Patriots attack, the Steelers sit on it and hope the defense keeps them in the game.

4.) Maybe some people, like Bouchette and myself, aren't ready to hang our hats on a three game stretch early in the season - especially when it is clear the Steelers failed to build a proper offense around him. Ben's not a dink-and-dunk QB.

Quote:
Lastly, when, in agreeing with pete74's post, did I (or he) bitch that BB did not put up Brady numbers??? Please, stop putting words in our mouths.
Maybe you don't, but many others on this board do. They can't seem to grasp an offense that plays close to the vest won't score many points regardless of who's playing.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #64
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Exactly.

Which is why, when he got injured, the season went kaput.
Losing Brown, Adams, and Colon didn't help either.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog78 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-13-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #65
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,965 Times in 7,589 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
How many time does it have to be explained the quantity isn't as important, especially when you consider bubble screens and the end of the half. The Patriots a) aren't as predictable with their running plays, thus giving themselves the option to use it more, and b) run the ball out of no-huddle, which is very effective against a tired defense.

Artie went around the local media to do damage control after he lied about the removal of Arians. He talked about how Ben needed to change his game and other crap. All of Yinzer Nation bitches when Ben complains about getting a new playbook rammed down his throat, but it's okay when Artie doesn't keep it in-house?

Are you seriously comparing Pope and Paulson to Aaron Hernandez?

Right, Brady develops it - it runs around him. Ben gets a new playbook rammed down his throat. Big difference.

1.) They failed to protect Ben - 3 weeks of injury proves that. No excuses just like there were none for Arians.

2.) Artie isn't the football genius you think he is just because of his last name. Sorry I don't drink the Rooney cool-aid.

3.) When did a team win the super bowl playing small ball? You keep bringing up Brady - the Patriots win games early, allowing their running game to take over in the end. The Steelers play close to the vest for most of the game, hoping Ben can bail them out in the end. Big difference. The Patriots attack, the Steelers sit on it and hope the defense keeps them in the game.

4.) Maybe some people, like Bouchette and myself, aren't ready to hang our hats on a three game stretch early in the season - especially when it is clear the Steelers failed to build a proper offense around him. Ben's not a dink-and-dunk QB.

Maybe you don't, but many others on this board do. They can't seem to grasp an offense that plays close to the vest won't score many points regardless of who's playing.
Wait... you are proposing more no huddle??? I have never heard you mention that before. (yawn)

Again, please provide a link that says that Art II wanted to handcuff his QB. Because, everything that I read (e.g. in his press conference) was that he wanted to protect his QB. I've asked you to provide a link, in many other threads... to no avail.

Obviously, Paulson is not Hernandez. You mentioned 3 TEs, as if that was a bad thing, and thus, I was simply pointing out that many teams carry three TEs.

Like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree on whether this offense was structured around BB.

1) We've been over this. An injury can happen on ANY play; thus, less sacks equals less chance for injury... and the sacks were lower in the first nine games.

3) & 4) Search out the thread on Greg Cosell. I do not enjoy posting the same things over & over... & over... & over... (like some people in this forum do).

2) Seriously, STOP putting words in my mouth. When did I call Art II a genius??? Oh wait... it was probably in the same thread where you admitted to killing kittens for kicks. (Get the point?)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote