Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #21
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: The DL dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Quote me where I said 'fire him'. I didn't say fire him, I said that his scheme is ineffective and predictable which, by players admission , is. Rivers and Romo both go for over 300 yards against our secondary? That's bullshit and shouldn't happen. Oh, it's funny, both of those guys are absolute turnover machines and throw picks like there's no tomorrow, but our secondary didn't get a single interception. Our defense didn't force a single turnover in those games.

Something's gotta give. Did it work 5 years ago? Sure. However, it started to fall apart in the Super Bowl against the Packers and we just haven't rebounded. Someone that knows how to use the talent that is given to them and generate turnovers and sacks would be appreciated.

However, all that said, I wouldn't hate it if he was around next year. I mean, pinning the lack of turnovers on LeBeau can only be credited so far and at some point, the players have to step up and be accountable as well. If around next year, his scheme needs to be updated and dusted off. Giving up all those yards to two underwhelming and borderline bad Quarterbacks isn't acceptable.
Both Rivers and Romo have better career passer ratings and better td-int ratios than Ben. But they are underwhelming and borderline bad quarterbacks? What does that make Ben?

Romo threw for 4900 yards this season- you think some other teams gave up a couple yards too? Is it a coincidence Ike Taylor didn't play and Lewis was hurt when the Chargers had their big game?

Think before you speak please.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
fer522 (01-28-2013), JVip (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #22
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,145 Times in 3,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Both Rivers and Romo have better career passer ratings and better td-int ratios than Ben. But they are underwhelming and borderline bad quarterbacks? What does that make Ben?

Romo threw for 4900 yards this season- you think some other teams gave up a couple yards too? Is it a coincidence Ike Taylor didn't play and Lewis was hurt when the Chargers had their big game?

Think before you speak please.
You're really going to get fucking snippy with me?

How did Andy Dalton do today bud? Oh, he's legit, though. 14 / 30 for 172 yards and a pick makes him amazing. It's funny that you haven't responded to my other post regarding stats and why they don't matter, but I'm not surprised.

Get off your high-horse.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,375 Times in 3,015 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

I think it's comical that some fans think Dick LeBeau is somehow the problem here. He is probably the best coordinator of all time, offensive or defensive. His scheme has covered up not having dominant talent, particularly in the secondary for much of his career. The Steelers are a big time pass rusher and a cornerback with ball skills away from being a great defense that also gets turnovers.Woodley can be that guy if healthy. If Harrison comes back and is healthy, they become monsters again. In the secondary, only Polamolu has good ball skills and actually catches the ball when thrown to him. If Lewis or Allen improves in this area, they will be very dangerous. I know these are big "ifs" when talking about health with veteran players, but this can happen with the guys we already have. Find a replacement for Larry Foote that is stronger at the point of attack with good coverage skills, and this team is scary good(I know, a Timmons clone. I'm allowed to dream).
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #24
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
I think it's comical that some fans think Dick LeBeau is somehow the problem here. He is probably the best coordinator of all time, offensive or defensive. His scheme has covered up not having dominant talent, particularly in the secondary for much of his career. The Steelers are a big time pass rusher and a cornerback with ball skills away from being a great defense that also gets turnovers.Woodley can be that guy if healthy. If Harrison comes back and is healthy, they become monsters again. In the secondary, only Polamolu has good ball skills and actually catches the ball when thrown to him. If Lewis or Allen improves in this area, they will be very dangerous. I know these are big "ifs" when talking about health with veteran players, but this can happen with the guys we already have. Find a replacement for Larry Foote that is stronger at the point of attack with good coverage skills, and this team is scary good(I know, a Timmons clone. I'm allowed to dream).
Alec Ogeltree would allow Timmons to attack ALL the time , Since Ogeltree would fair much better covering TEs and things
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrunn For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #25
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,533 Times in 4,058 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Alec Ogeltree would allow Timmons to attack ALL the time , Since Ogeltree would fair much better covering TEs and things
Ogletree was suspended for four games at the start of the year because of a failed drug test, do you think the Steelers are willing to overlook this fact?
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #26
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,047 Times in 7,618 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Ogletree was suspended for four games at the start of the year because of a failed drug test, do you think the Steelers are willing to overlook this fact?
Honestly, I don't know. Marvel Smith, Mike Adams... Alec Ogletree???

Was it for weed? or, Adderall?

If it's the latter, then yes (it's the performance-enhancer du jour).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #27
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,533 Times in 4,058 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Honestly, I don't know. Marvel Smith, Mike Adams... Alec Ogletree???

Was it for weed? or, Adderall?

If it's the latter, then yes (it's the performance-enhancer du jour).
it was reportedly for weed...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #28
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,047 Times in 7,618 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
it was reportedly for weed...
Drat!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #29
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're really going to get fucking snippy with me?

How did Andy Dalton do today bud? Oh, he's legit, though. 14 / 30 for 172 yards and a pick makes him amazing. It's funny that you haven't responded to my other post regarding stats and why they don't matter, but I'm not surprised.

Get off your high-horse.
Please wait for me to respond to the message you made in a separate thread in that thread.

Please do not chase me into other threads to argue unrelated topics.

Thank you.

Last edited by lloydwoodson; 01-05-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Was unaware of the thread I was in. Apologies.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #30
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,145 Times in 3,919 Posts

Oh, man. I love this guy. Every time he types something I get a good laugh, like comparing stats and quarterback rating and determining whether or not that means success. That's some funny stuff.

Also, don't talk down to me and act like I'm some piece of shit you have to deal with. If that's how you think, fine, just don't condescend me. I'd appreciate that. I'm sure the rest of the forum would appreciate you not taking every single opportunity to bash Roethlisberger because it's getting old.

Before you try and act high and mighty on an internet forum, people were comparing stats. In the other thread, I was comparing stats. Unless numbers aren't related anymore, I'd say they're pretty similar topics.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote