Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #31
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Is wrong That I hate the Cheats more than the Rats

Still no answer. Hmmmm.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #32
steve314
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15690

No!
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #33
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

I used to hate the Patriots more than anything. I remember both those AFC Championship games. The first one sucked, but by that point I was accustomed to coming close and losing. We wouldn't have beaten the Rams, anyway. Kordell was destined to never win one. The second one, though... that was our year. That was when it was all coming together. We were the best team in the league that year. I remember tearing up when Plaxico caught that touchdown in front of a dead silent crowd. He caught the ball, turned around, and just walked down the sideline. The game was already over then, and the touchdown was meaningless. I hear he ran back into them later on.

After winning two and seeing the 07 Patriots be the best team of all time and still come up short, not to mention the OTHER time they lost to Eli in the Super Bowl, i'm over it. They were the team of the 2000's. We were 2nd best. We played Oakland to their Pittsburgh. The two best teams of the last decade played in the same conference, and one was better than the other. It's ok. I've accepted that. We weren't a second dynasty because of them, but there are still 6 Lombardi's in only one place.

I actually rooted for them against Baltimore last year. There are a lot of idiot Patriots fans, which is to be expected with Boston not having yet been hit by the meteor that the rest of the nation prays for, but Baltimore fans are the worst. They are such a violent bunch of delusional, vitriolic, confused and belligerent people. They think that their team is a dynasty in the making because they finally beat us a few times. They didn't beat the 08 Steelers. They won 3 regular season games, and then commenced the pissing away of the fruits of their good fortune that last 2 years are our version of rebuilding. I don't like their whiny ass team, and I don't like their silly fans. I would gladly take another Patriots Super Bowl over them sending Ray Lewis off with a Lombardi.

I hope it's Brady @ Manning the AFC Championship. The two greats at the end of their careers, playing what will be most likely the last time the meet in a game like that.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #34
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Good post. That's where I'm at as well. I used to hate the Steelers more than any other team. Patriot v Steelers games were big time football nights in Massachusetts. I remember them being bigger than any Patriot v Jets games and even put them above our games with Manning's Colts.

It was a really heated Conference rivalry. It was my personal favorite of all the Patriot rivalries.

You were basically our main villain.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #35
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

It actually feels nice not to hate the Steelers. I don't hate the Steelers and I don't hate the Colts (I really just hated Peyton). I sort of just let old grudges die when you finally beat us in that regular season game last season.

It's of course because we're not presently competing for championships but it's actually a nice change of pace to bury the hatchet (for my part) with the Steelers after a decade long war for the AFC. I was actually rooting for you this season.

Hopefully the next generation of Patriots and Steelers won't disappoint and we can return to feeling a natural, instinctive, God given hatred for one another.
Some of my fondest football memories involve praying, cursing, cheering and Pittsburgh Steeler uniforms.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #36
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
My Mood: Devilish

Too right. One of my friends is a Rats fan, and while he's a nice guy, he's a little... out there when it comes to football.

Also, will you guys kill me if my best friend is a Pats fan?

Steelers, Heat, Caps, Nats, Kevin Harvick #4
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #37
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Too right. One of my friends is a Rats fan, and while he's a nice guy, he's a little... out there when it comes to football.

Also, will you guys kill me if my best friend is a Pats fan?
that's ok. I'm related to Browns fans and some of my best friends are Browns and Cowboy fans. When it comes down to it, I don't hate any team or player, but I do enjoy seeing them lose.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #38
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Good post. That's where I'm at as well. I used to hate the Steelers more than any other team. Patriot v Steelers games were big time football nights in Massachusetts. I remember them being bigger than any Patriot v Jets games and even put them above our games with Manning's Colts.

It was a really heated Conference rivalry. It was my personal favorite of all the Patriot rivalries.

You were basically our main villain.
That shit wasn't a rivalry. It was Belichek knowing the holes in the zone, and having a QB good enough to exploit them. It's not a rivalry when one team beats the other almost every time. The Patriots were just better.

Last year when we lost to Denver, it was really a blessing in disguise. We would've headed into Foxboro minus half the team and with a QB with half a working body. It would've been ugly.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote