Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #61
Set-Man
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12795
Default Re: Mike Wallace Has Likely Played His Last Game For The Steelers

Sorry Wallace doesn't deserve the contract he looking for. He drops the ball way too much.
Set-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #62
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set-Man View Post
Sorry Wallace doesn't deserve the contract he looking for. He drops the ball way too much.
Yes, we already paid another guy to much. lets hope he bounces back next year!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #63
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
The problem with keeping Plax is that we rarely dress a 4th WR and if they do he has to play Special Teams. Plax doesn't so he will be at a disadvantage. Brown, Sanders and Cotchery are a good not great starting 3. The problem is no true #1. Plax unfortunately doesn't solve that problem for us. No way would I pay Wallace what he was asking for. Unless something has changed, he is definitely gone.
Plax may not solve all the problems, but he sure gives the team a big target in red zone and third down. That's valuable especially when you consider the uncertainty of Heath Miller's health.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #64
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

You guys have a short term memory.

Wallace had a bad year. Nevermind that his first 3 years pretty much broke records for a young receiver.

Nevermind how many TDs he scores.

Losing Wallace will hurt us unless we can find a replacement in the draft. Brown and Sanders are not going to get it done as the #1 and #2.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DanRooney For This Useful Post:
zcoop (01-07-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #65
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post

Wallace had a bad year. Nevermind that his first 3 years pretty much broke records for a young receiver.

Losing Wallace will hurt us unless we can find a replacement in the draft. Brown and Sanders are not going to get it done as the #1 and #2.
Hell no, Sanders struggles to be a 3.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #66
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

with both Wallace and Mendy having subpar contract years, I could see both being back potentially.
Mike will not get the payday he's looking for now. He wanted $10-$11M/yr and that is likely out the window. Although, I do think there's a chance someone will still overpay for his speed in the $9-$10M range.
If he doesn't get the offer, I would gladly have Mike back in the $8M/yr range.

Mike had a bad year. Doesn't mean he can't get back to where he was. He's done it before, so he can do it again. Get his head straight, get to camp on time, work his butt off.

For Mendy, I 'm not sure what his market value is. RB's are relatively cheap and they don't last long. So even 4 years of wear on a guy coming off a knee injury last season who didn't show he was all the way back like AP is probably concerning for most teams. Couple that with the fact of how many teams would Mendy really be an upgrade for at RB and I think we could end up having him back relatively cheap.
Even though I wish he would just shut up and play, he's still our most talented back.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #67
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post

I agree that Wallace is very underrated here. He may be a one trick pony but his trick is just so good that the opponents' defensive scheme always needs to take him into account. It's huge advantage to the Steelers offense and it helps to open up Brown and Sanders.

I want him to stay but I just don't see it. The cap doesn't work.

Last edited by kan_t; 01-07-2013 at 11:47 AM.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #68
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,963 Times in 4,646 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
I agree that Wallace is very underrated here. He may be a one trick pony but his trick is just so good that the opponents' defense scheme always needs to take him into account. It's huge advantage to the Steelers offense and it helps to open up Brown and Sanders.

I want him to stay but I just don't see it. The cap doesn't work.
I just can't see us re-signing Wallace either, especially not with Keenan Lewis being a higher priority in my opinion.
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #69
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Brown is locked in, we have Cotchery and Burress (likely), and we have depth at TE, so let Wallace walk. Good riddance! I won't miss his fumbles or his ridiculous amounts of drops. I don't care if he goes to NE or BAL, or anywhere for that matter, I just don't want to see him there. We already over paid Brown, and Brown is a better WR then Wallace.

Brown is a real #2 WR, and a damn good one. Burress creates mismatch's with his size and Cotchery is a route runner with great hands. We also have Miller and Pope at TE. All we need to do is keep the vets signed for the upcoming year or two, draft a real #1, and let Wallace and Sanders walk.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #70
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Brown is locked in, we have Cotchery and Burress (likely), and we have depth at TE, so let Wallace walk. Good riddance! I won't miss his fumbles or his ridiculous amounts of drops. I don't care if he goes to NE or BAL, or anywhere for that matter, I just don't want to see him there. We already over paid Brown, and Brown is a better WR then Wallace.

Brown is a real #2 WR, and a damn good one. Burress creates mismatch's with his size and Cotchery is a route runner with great hands. We also have Miller and Pope at TE. All we need to do is keep the vets signed for the upcoming year or two, draft a real #1, and let Wallace and Sanders walk.
I wouldn't give up on Sanders or Wallace quite yet.
I think the young guys got a little full of themselves after Hines left. They needed a real pro to keep them in check. The Young Money crew basically sucked as a group this year. The talent is their, they just need some focus.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote