Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default New Mock

We have the 17th pick in the draft now.

Trade: Our 1st w/ GB for their 1st (27) and 2nd.
Green Bay needs offensive line help and they don't want to miss the run on premier offensive lineman. We should be happy to jump back.

1. Matt Elam, SS, Florida
Safety depth is a problem. Matt Elam is a solution. One of the only bright spots for Florida in their lopsided bowl loss to Louisville. Elam was flying around and constantly in the backfield and being a headhunter.

2-17. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
Heath is hurt and this is not an overreaction. If we can pair Ertz with a healthy Heath we can run two TE sets with a legitimate pass catching threat to complement him. Ertz is a steal here and a huge target.

2-27. Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
A tackling machine with good instincts. This guy will be disruptive. Though he played from the middle he still had 6 sacks this year. He will need a bit to develop as an OLB but could be great.

3. Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia
Steelers double dip at safety. Elam is a strong safety that makes disruptive plays and is hard hitting intimidating safety. Rambo is a free safety but that doesn't mean he can't deliver the hard hits. He plays tough and is a ballhawk. With these two guys safety should be set for years.

4.Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
Oregon's philosophy is speed kills. The one thing our running backs didn't have was breakaway speed. Barner can be that. He has vision and hits the hole quickly. Not as fast but he can be our Jamaal Charles. With Barner, Dwyer, Redman and Rainey we should have a solid backfield.

5. Alec Lemon, WR, Syracuse
A physical receiver. Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are shifty, speed guys. Lemon is bigger, presence receiver, that if he pans out can complete our receiver core.

6. Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
Drops due to a knee injury, but is a solid prospect.

7. Craig Roh, DE, Michigan
Added about 20 pounds to make the move this season from LB and is pretty well sized at 6-4, 280. Developmental pick.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,111 Times in 3,751 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: New Mock

I don't get into mock's much, but that looks pretty nice!
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Steel Glory (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I don't get into mock's much, but that looks pretty nice!
Haha thanks. I thought so too.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Like the Draft very much. Matt Elam and Bacarri Rambo like you said would be a great saftey duo. No question for me. I know it's just a mock but a trade like that to get a second round pick and still get Elam would be awesome.

Zach Ertz no question he could be a great Tight End for us. But I don't know if we should address it in this Draft. But thats just me.

About Khaseem Greene I think it's a good move here to go for a OLB. But I see Greene more as a 4-3 OLB and not so much a 3-4. Would go more for a guy like Sean Porter a little more of a 3-4 guy. Has a little better Pass Rush in my estimation and looks more like a guy for us in my eyes.

Kenjon Barner is the player on this list that I definitly don't wanna see on our team. Just a waste to me. Last year we drafted Rainey and they are the same type of Player. And in my eyes not a starting Running
Back so he's the guy I'm really uncomfortable with in this mock. The rest looks fine to me.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steeler7BR For This Useful Post:
Steel Glory (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,114 Posts

I like the trade idea and taking Elam at the bottom of the 1st, but not sure if we really need to spend a premium pick on a TE.

1. Elam
2a Shane Skov ILB , Stanford
2b Corey Lemonier , OLB Auburn
3 Ryan Swope, WR Texas A&M
4 Michael Ford RB LSU
5 Braden Hansen, G BYU

Id like to see us upgrade some pass rushers or a MLB like Skov. Swope is a good route runner with hands that can maybe be a Jordy Nelson type WR for us.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Like the Draft very much. Matt Elam and Bacarri Rambo like you said would be a great saftey duo. No question for me. I know it's just a mock but a trade like that to get a second round pick and still get Elam would be awesome.

Zach Ertz no question he could be a great Tight End for us. But I don't know if we should address it in this Draft. But thats just me.

About Khaseem Greene I think it's a good move here to go for a OLB. But I see Greene more as a 4-3 OLB and not so much a 3-4. Would go more for a guy like Sean Porter a little more of a 3-4 guy. Has a little better Pass Rush in my estimation and looks more like a guy for us in my eyes.

Kenjon Barner is the player on this list that I definitly don't wanna see on our team. Just a waste to me. Last year we drafted Rainey and they are the same type of Player. And in my eyes not a starting Running
Back so he's the guy I'm really uncomfortable with in this mock. The rest looks fine to me.
Yeah I like Sean Porter too. I feel either one would probably be there. And Barner is a similar mold but he's a better running back. Rainey isn't so much a running back and his build wouldn't allow him to carry a large load. Another couple of backs I was looking at were Jawan Jamison and Joseph Randle.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I like the trade idea and taking Elam at the bottom of the 1st, but not sure if we really need to spend a premium pick on a TE.

1. Elam
2a Shane Skov ILB , Stanford
2b Corey Lemonier , OLB Auburn
3 Ryan Swope, WR Texas A&M
4 Michael Ford RB LSU
5 Braden Hansen, G BYU

Id like to see us upgrade some pass rushers or a MLB like Skov. Swope is a good route runner with hands that can maybe be a Jordy Nelson type WR for us.
I really had any choice in my head between Greene, Lemonier and Porter at that spot in the second. I think Greene has some upside and Porter had plenty of production. One of these guys will probably differentiate themselves as the draft process moves forward. I agree on the Swope comment.

I treated the Ertz pick as a best value, and ILB can be placed there. Also, now Manti Te'o, Kevin Minter, and Alec Ogletree are all in the draft and first round prospects. The only one likely to fall into the second is Minter. If he is there in the second we need to hop on him! Thanks for the reply man
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Glory View Post
Yeah I like Sean Porter too. I feel either one would probably be there. And Barner is a similar mold but he's a better running back. Rainey isn't so much a running back and his build wouldn't allow him to carry a large load. Another couple of backs I was looking at were Jawan Jamison and Joseph Randle.
Oh yeah I like Randle very much too. Great size. Great speed. Could add a little weight. A very prototype Speed Back in my eyes.

Bye the way did he declare yet? Didn't heard it yet but I would hope so.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Oh yeah I like Randle very much too. Great size. Great speed. Could add a little weight. A very prototype Speed Back in my eyes.

Bye the way did he declare yet? Didn't heard it yet but I would hope so.
He's still undecided...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,969 Times in 8,708 Posts
My Mood: Dead

You had me at Matt Elam.

Trading back was the icing.

(And, like El-Gonzo mentioned, I'm also a fan of Shayne Skov.)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote