Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #201
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Although that would me nice. You won't get hat much value trading back especially not all those picks plus a first next year
Your right probably just a 2nd and next year 1st ... lol But I like too many players

I would take off Da'Rick Rodgers and Gillislee in that case
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #202
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Like anything, there's positives and negatives to it. If Jordan or Mingo is on the board at 17, we can't really afford to give up a prospect like those two. The drop off of pass-rushing talent is significant from the first to the second. Despite what most of the guys on CBS Draft will tell you, guys Corey Lemonier aren't ready to be a premier 3-4 OLB right now.

If we do trade back, I'd love us taking Patterson in the first round. He's just as fast as Wallace, but runs better routes (slightly) and makes better plays in open space. I think this kid has the potential to be a great WR for us, so I wouldn't mind using a first rounder on him despite the heavy amount of defensive talent in this draft.

Assuming this scenario plays out, it would look something like ...

Trade from 17 to 25
R1. Cordarrelle Patterson / Tennessee - WR
R2. Giovani Bernard / North Carolina - RB
R2. David Amerson / NC State Wolfpack - CB converted to FS for us
R3. Nico Johnson / 'Bama - ILB
R4. Robert Lester / 'Bama - SS

I wouldn't be upset with that. However, I'd still take Dion Jordan in the first and Robert Woods in the second as another, more likely scenario.
I would like this , Although I like Lacy better at RB ... but either way I would be happy
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #203
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,905 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State

In last week's mock draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers were able to pick up Manti Te'o. This week doesn't reward them with Te'o, but they may have a better NFL linebacker in Arthur Brown.

If you haven't seen Brown play yet, do yourself a favor and at least YouTube clips of the Kansas State inside linebacker. Wearing No. 4, Brown has been a wrecking ball for the defense, showing off rare speed moving laterally and great vision to locate and get to the football.

Brown won't enter the league with the hype of Manti Te'o, but he's a more athletic option at inside linebacker. For the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's not a bad thing. Put Brown next to Lawrence Timmons at middle linebacker, and you have a duo to rival the one in San Francisco.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ayoffs/page/18

-- Matt Miller, Bleacher Report
Arthur Brown is 6'1" 228lbs and a transfer from Miami. He is a smaller and more athletic LB than an inside run stuffer. Would be a weakside OLB in the NFL.

Sean Spence is 5'11" 231lbs and a similar athletic, but smallish LB from Miami. A guy that is more instinctive and a better student of the game than Brown. Watch tape of them both and there is no need to draft Brown, if Spence is back from injury this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
That's one game against Alabama. They have an offensive line that NFL teams would love to have.

Like Walterfootball.com said, that shouldn't erase his college career.

The kid can play ball. That doesn't mean he will be a great linebacker in the NFL, it never does with any player in any position. I do think it would be worth the gamble if he is available when we pick.
With Te'o, the tape he put up is against some weak teams that they almost lost to. He got caught in the Notre Dame hype machine and he isnt as impressive as most think. I think he gambles and shoots gaps too often. I would like to see him in the Senior Bowl or Shrine Game and see how he responds to playing ILB where he isnt given free reign.

IMO, Te'o should go #25-35 in the draft, but he might not be too bad of a reach at #17. He is more like Paul Pozluzny or James Laurinitis than Patrick Willis or Junior Seau IMO.