Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,072 Times in 4,310 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians gets support from Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

By Brad Biggs, Tribune reporter
January 8, 2013

Ben Roethlisberger isn’t close with Jay Cutler, but he has no doubt the Chicago Bears quarterback would enjoy working with Bruce Arians.

In a conversation with the Tribune, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback supported the Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator for a head-coaching position. Arians is expected to interview with the Bears, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles beginning later this week.

Arians is a candidate for NFL Coach of the Year after replacing Chuck Pagano while the Colts coach was on a medical leave battling leukemia. Arians is given credit for his work with Colts rookie quarterback Andrew Luck this season and previously in a run in Indianapolis he helped develop a young Peyton Manning.

“As long as Jay is willing to be open to being coached by a guy like B.A.,” Roethlisberger said Tuesday. “Not really knowing Jay, I can even say that because I know Jay will like B.A. because B.A. is that kind of guy. He’s gonna like Jay and he wants to work with guys. Guys really respect him. I think he would be able to not only work with but be great with Jay and I think Jay would like him a lot.”

Bears general manager Phil Emery has a list of at least 13 candidates he has or will interview for the job. Eight have an offensive background and it is believed finding a new coach to build around Cutler and dramatically improve the stagnant Bears offense is a priority. Cutler did not click under three offensive staffs former coach Lovie Smith had over a span of four seasons.

Roethlisberger was a two-time Pro Bowl performer under Arians and enjoyed his finest statistical season in 2007 with a 104.1 passer rating and 32 touchdowns against just 11 interceptions. That was Arians’ first season as offensive coordinator after being promoted from wide receivers coach.

“He works with what he’s got and with the players that he has, the personnel that he’s got,” Roethlisberger said. “He helped me really understand and learn the offense and is patient and was willing to work with me and not just be my boss. But really kind of make it work together.

“I think he is a players-coach. When I say that, I don’t mean he’s favored the players. I say that because he is fair and players respect him. You’re not going to always get your way as a player, and you shouldn’t. You respect his decision and his calls and the things he does. He would be a fit for a head coaching job perfectly.”

Roethlisberger believes Arians has the personality to control a room full of the entire team too.

“One-hundred percent,” he said. “Like I’ve said, guys respect him. When he was with Pittsburgh, he got along with the defensive guys just as well as the offensive guys because he competed with them in 7 on-7 and other drills and everyone respects him because he’s been around for a long time, he knows what he is talking about and so you’ve got to understand that is what you are going to get from him.

“He knows when to push you. People always thought that it was this great relationship that was hunky dory. But we got into our disagreements, our arguments. I think that is healthy. All good relationships should have that and he knows how to motivate each player. He’s not just a yeller. He’s not just a screamer. He knows how to get in your face, he knows how to not get in your face and talk to you. So, I think he’s the kind of guy you respect and want to play for.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2646064.story
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,359 Times in 4,009 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Of course Ben said this, he's buddy-buddy with him. I'll tell you this - Brandon Marshall would clash with Arians and it wouldn't be because of Marshall.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

I agree that Roethlisberger's stance is ridiculous.

Ben's gushing support for Arians shows how he manipulates the media to get what he wants.

Want your BFF to get the head coaching job in Chicago? Go on and on to sportswriters about how great a guy he is.

Cutler is a joke. He is the problem with the Bears and they just fired an excellent coach over him. Chicago is caving in to the demands of their "star quarterback." They brought him Mike Martz the best "down the field" coordinator in the NFL today (who has since been fired meanwhile the offense got worse), surrounded him with high draft picks and a star WR in Brandon Marshall... and their offense is terrible.

If teams do not maintain control of the team they will lose games. If they have a quarterback who is fighting the team over the decisions they make they will lose games.

The more the Bears cave the worse they get. I am sure that Arians would be great for Cutler's individual career- but why not think of the other 52 guys on the roster? After all, it is the Bears having a top 5 defense that got Cutler his only 2 winning seasons.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

who cares? No big deal - at all.

Once again, anything he says is super over-analyzed. I have no problem with any of that.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #5
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Anyone have a ball gag Marcellus Wallace and Butch wore in pulp fiction to put in Ben's mouth? Whether he says anything that is bad or good, he makes me want to go to the bathroom.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-09-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585

My response. Ben worry about gushing over Arians after your career is over. Its done, he's gone, move on. Arians is a big boy, he can handle himself.

Ben needs to worry about this organization and bring home Lombardi's.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelersfan77 For This Useful Post:
BKAnthem (01-09-2013), lloydwoodson (01-09-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #7
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Maybe Ben's angling for a trade. Art II wants to build the team around Jonathan Dwyer apparently. Stranger things have happened.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

"Hire Arians!"

ha ha

meanwhile, Ben says Haley can't even make him a decent cup of coffee
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,136 Times in 2,826 Posts

Agreed it is a non-story, but if the Bears are giving any consideration to Ben's opinion that franchise is even more screwed up than it appears to be

Check with Hines Ward as to whether Arians was respected by everyone
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #10
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,777 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Why exactly is the media still paying so much attention to a guy that has been gone for a while now? I can never seem to remember hearing this much about a guy that is gone.

Arians finds another QB's ass to kiss . . .Does Ben think the QB will like it?

Arians takes a dump . . . What color does Ben think it will be?

Arians predicts a new date for his end of the world party . . .Will Ben be there with his famous beef jerky? . . .oh yea, they no longer endorse him . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote