Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #21
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
FanSince72 are you OK? You just went off on a huge tangent not based whatsoever in fact. It's OK Ben and Bruce can still be friends. Ben is allowed to talk Bruce as much as he wants in his personal life: they can bake cookies together, hold hands or go watch Twilight movies together the sky is the limit.

Before Arians arrived in Pittsburgh the Steelers had finished 20th or worse in points scored only one time since 1990. Arians finished that poorly twice in five years. Haley is on the chopping block now because his offense is just as bad. Do you feel that the Steelers have the talent to be a top 10 offensive team and are underachieving? I sure do.

A business decision was made. Arians was fired because his offense got worse over his final four years not better. Live with it and move on. Haley will be fired at the end of next season if the offense doesn't produce. The only reason Arians stayed in Pittsburgh as long as he did was his relationship with Ben. That is a poor way to run a billion dollar business.
and really, I don't mean to pour on FanSince72, I really wouldn't have minded Arians staying if I saw progress - and, I did see the relationship getting in the way of what was best for the team - i wish Arians the best - but, I think it is silly how much is made of him when IMO, there isn't any proof that he is one of the big reasons why we won - in fact, I'd argue we won in spite of him because of the talent on offense and a dominant defense

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,124 Times in 3,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Ben is just rubbing it in their faces that if they had listened to him and not the fans the Rooneys wouldn't have to watch the playoffs from the stands - - like that
Because the high standards under which the offense perfomed under Arians would have resulted in a better record this year? Three of the losses were directly tied to killer interceptions by #7 (Denver/Dallas/Cincy), the mediocre Haley offense put up enough points to win in the Oakland loss, and the entire team wet the bed in the San Diego debacle.

Yep - it is obvious if Arians was the OC none of that would have happened. Ben did not enjoy working under Whisenhunt and does not enjoy working under Haley - that obviously is something for which only the OCs should be blamed.

But even though he still misses his BFF, I assume even Ben is not so enraptured with BA that he believes the Rooneys canned Arians because they were being pressured by "the fans." - when you have the track record of the Ronneys over the past 40 years and a lengthy waiting list for season tickets you probably are not worried too much about pressure from the fan base.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #23
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
FanSince72 are you OK? You just went off on a huge tangent not based whatsoever in fact. It's OK Ben and Bruce can still be friends. Ben is allowed to talk Bruce as much as he wants in his personal life: they can bake cookies together, hold hands or go watch Twilight movies together the sky is the limit.

Before Arians arrived in Pittsburgh the Steelers had finished 20th or worse in points scored only one time since 1990. Arians finished that poorly twice in five years. Haley is on the chopping block now because his offense is just as bad. Do you feel that the Steelers have the talent to be a top 10 offensive team and are underachieving? I sure do.

A business decision was made. Arians was fired because his offense got worse over his final four years not better. Live with it and move on. Haley will be fired at the end of next season if the offense doesn't produce. The only reason Arians stayed in Pittsburgh as long as he did was his relationship with Ben. That is a poor way to run a billion dollar business.
Absolutly right about that one. A Friend really? A QB needs the Offensive Coordinator as a friend?

Arians Offense didn't produce well enough so he had to go. Ben definitly needs a Coordinator to hold him a little bit and didn't let him do everything he wants. Should Haley give Ben a little more freedom? I think so. And I don't think the season was very good. But you can't let Haley go after just one season. In fact we did produce well till Ben got injured.

I think though Haley has to change to be productive the next season because right now I believe Ben doesn't trust in Haleys offense. They have to sit together in the summer and get things worked out.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #24
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,511 Times in 8,556 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Zed's dead sugar pop
The truth is: you are the weak... and I am the tyranny of evil men.

[Not directed at you, steel fury. Just quoting.]
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Where are the "Fire Arians" thread starters now?

Oh right - now they're all attached to Haley's ballsack and blaming Ben - hypocrites
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #26
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Absolutly right about that one. A Friend really? A QB needs the Offensive Coordinator as a friend?

Arians Offense didn't produce well enough so he had to go. Ben definitly needs a Coordinator to hold him a little bit and didn't let him do everything he wants. Should Haley give Ben a little more freedom? I think so. And I don't think the season was very good. But you can't let Haley go after just one season. In fact we did produce well till Ben got injured.

I think though Haley has to change to be productive the next season because right now I believe Ben doesn't trust in Haleys offense. They have to sit together in the summer and get things worked out.
it is absolutely important for Haley to work with Ben and hear what his likes/dislikes/grips are on many levels - I believe Ben should have some input into what plays should be featured

However, what I believe is good for the team, and what Ben consistently wants, is a huge difference in how you run an offense - and I believe the former is more important than what the QB wants.

People bring up Brady's supposed exorbitant input into the offense - and it is probably there more than most - but, guys like Brady and Rogers both are noted to publicly appreciate what a different voice brings to the table - and, those views are probably more in line with what a O-coordinator would want "in today's NFL"

In "today's NFL" you need a student of the game during the no-huddle, and you need someone that is going to buy into a plan of attack that releases the ball quickly, and takes what the defense gives you - not hoping on improv - and while that's something I value in Ben - I want to see more than that from him

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-09-2013), Steeler7BR (01-09-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #27
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
The truth is: you are the weak... and I am the tyranny of evil men.

[Not directed at you, steel fury. Just quoting.]
lol no prob, I got the quote

EVERYBODY STAY COOL!

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #28
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

Check with Hines Ward as to whether Arians was respected by everyone
Yeah, I think Max Starks said something about not practicing the running game after Arians "retired" from the Steelers.

Matt Forte would love the new offense in Chicago if things worked out.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #29
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
lol no prob, I got the quote

EVERYBODY STAY COOL!
Seriously guys.............enough with the quotes.

On another note, I am going to France and am wondering if they have Burger King there. Any idea if I can order a Whopper in france and what its called??
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #30
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Seriously guys.............enough with the quotes.

On another note, I am going to France and am wondering if they have Burger King there. Any idea if I can order a Whopper in france and what its called??
I don't know I didn't go into Burger King.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote