Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #81
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,964 Times in 7,589 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
I think lacy stock will be rising over the next couple months leading up to the draft. If he runs a sub 4.5 he will most likely be the first rb selected. I really do like this kid. Even though he ran behide the best oline in college I really think he will be a bruising back with more speed than Dwyer and redman.

I'm on board with trading back round one select bpa and use he extra picks via the trade back to get lacy. The argument to not selecting lacy is that no matter his potential our online wont open the holes for him. But before colon and Adams went down our running game was pretty good even without decastro with backups Dwyer and redman.
1. I see Lacy moving up, but not to #17. To the end of R1, yes, but 17 is far too early.

2. I agree 100%: the O-line looked good, until the injuries.

3. Trading back makes a lot of sense... but... not for a RB. To clarify, I am talking about RB, because that was the discussion... but, I prefer an OLB (or, trading back a little bit, and taking Elam).

5. I like the way that Knile Davis (Arkansas) plays. I'd take him in R4. Better yet, I'd take Marcus Lattimore in R4, and shelve him for the first six weeks... and then, hope that his knee is 100%. If he recovers (a la AP), he could have 2500 yards!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-10-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #82
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
1. I see Lacy moving up, but not to #17. To the end of R1, yes, but 17 is far too early.

2. I agree 100%: the O-line looked good, until the injuries.

3. Trading back makes a lot of sense... but... not for a RB. To clarify, I am talking about RB, because that was the discussion... but, I prefer an OLB (or, trading back a little bit, and taking Elam).

5. I like the way that Knile Davis (Arkansas) plays. I'd take him in R4. Better yet, I'd take Marcus Lattimore in R4, and shelve him for the first six weeks... and then, hope that his knee is 100%. If he recovers (a la AP), he could have 2500 yards!!!
I'm not saying use a first on a rb. What i said was select bpa(best player available) in the first and use the extra picks we acquire from moving back to select lacy in the second
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #83
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I can agree with that (see above: bolded portion).

I hear you about Spence (if he's the guy, they maybe an ILB is not needed, except for back-up... like R5). But, Carter has either been injured or not very effective... much like Worilds. I'd prefer that an OLB is taken, and taken early.
Worlds was our leading our team in sacks till the last game and that was in a limited roll and coming off a wrist injury. This will be the year to see if he I our next starting olb or a nfl backup. I wouldn't count him out just yet.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #84
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

There's no RBs worth a first round pick in this draft, guys. There just isn't. Eddie Lacy is running behind an All-Pro offensive line and, granted, he's running against SEC competition which makes his accomplishments and yards all the more impressive, but he's still not a first round pick worthy RB. His teammate, however, is (when he's eligible).

Giovani Bernard in the second round, then Da'Rick Rogers in the third makes the most sense for us. If Bernard or Lacy are on the board in the second round it's a no-brainer.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #85
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

I don't get the love of Eddie Lacy . He's good but not 1st or 2nd round talent IMO. That OL can make lots of RBs look better than they are.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #86
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
I don't get the love of Eddie Lacy . He's good but not 1st or 2nd round talent IMO. That OL can make lots of RBs look better than they are.
He's definitely not a 1st round talent, I'd say he's late 2nd round but he'll go early second because he's still the best RB in this class. RBs are a crapshoot this year but Lacy is the closest thing to a complete package of size, speed, and agility out of all of them. He'd be better than anyone currently on our roster unless Mendenhall suddenly harnessed his potential.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #87
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
There's no RBs worth a first round pick in this draft, guys. There just isn't. Eddie Lacy is running behind an All-Pro offensive line and, granted, he's running against SEC competition which makes his accomplishments and yards all the more impressive, but he's still not a first round pick worthy RB. His teammate, however, is (when he's eligible).

Giovani Bernard in the second round, then Da'Rick Rogers in the third makes the most sense for us. If Bernard or Lacy are on the board in the second round it's a no-brainer.

As someone who watched Da"Rick Rogers since his freshman year at UT..."WE DON'T WANT HIM ON THE STEELERS"....Million dollar talent and 10 cent brain.. He loves Weed and was a pain in the butt so much long time coach Charlie Baggett packed it up and went back to Michigan State...Rogers is a head case...He was set for an AA year and flunked a drug test and then Coach Derek Dooley was going to suspend him for 4 games...Rogers blew up on Dooley and asst. coach Darin Hinshaw and ended his career across the state at Tennessee Tech who plays in the OVC conference..."DO NOT WANT". Now if Cordarrlle Patterson is available grab him...UNREAL ATHLETE who can score every time he touches the ball...I'd take Lacy in the second round..If Chance Warmack is available in the 1st grab him...Him DD and Pouncey would make quite the trio on the inside...
Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #88
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

I really like Desmond Trufant(Marcus Trufants brother) though I hav only seen a small amount of film on him. Thoughts anyone?

Edit: I like him in general, not as the 17the overall pick.

Last edited by wwhickok; 01-11-2013 at 05:35 AM.
wwhickok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #89
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,964 Times in 7,589 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
I really like Desmond Trufant(Marcus Trufants brother) though I hav only seen a small amount of film on him. Thoughts anyone?

Edit: I like him in general, not as the 17the overall pick.
I watch a lot of Pac-12, and he is pretty good. Not as good as his borther, but a good R3-R4 type of "Deshea Townsend" type of player.

For a R3-R4 CB, I like Leon McFadden better... but... that could be personal bias.

Regardless, both played on crappy teams... and could drop. BUT, both could rise, once people see tape of them (espeically McFadden who is simply a great player on a horrible team, in a small conference).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #90
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
Thank you. He probably lasts until mid 3rd unless somebody is desperate.