Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #81
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653
Default Re: Ben admits he rushed back too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Ponder's whole thowing arm was the same colour as his uniform- yellow and purple. You should check out some pics. It is quite possible that he just could not physically move his arm like he needed to.

Based on RGIII's efforts I'm sure he probably would have thrown the ball with his left hand. RGIII has been extremely impressive in the leadership and sacrifice he has shown all season. He didn't want to sit out in the regular season either.

The best thing about RGIII's performance on Sunday was his interview. A guaranteed controversy was brewing in Washington- should Shanahan have played an injured RGIII? RGIII handled the questions thrown at him better than I have ever seen. NFL Network reported exactlywhat RGIII wanted them to: every analyst repeated verbatim "RGIII should have been in the game because he is the best option at quarterback for that team." My God he made life easy for his coaches!

He maintained the team's positive direction while completely shielding his coaches from criticism, and Washington's coaches should have been criticized. Honestly, who calls designed running plays for a franchise quarterback with partial ACL and MCL tears???? RGIII should have let his coaches have it both barrels but he kept the entire team in mind and made the absolute best of the season giving the Skins something to build on. Amazing that in this day in age a quarterback risks tens of millions of dollars just to win a wild card game.
Because he's RG3. The media just love him. Ben basically said that the same thing after the season was finished and insisted that he's perfectly fine when he decided to come back so it's not injury issue for his poor play. The media didn't buy it. When he only said he might not be healthy enough to play the Pro-Bowl, then the media questioned about him making excuses for his poor performance in the last few games and put the words in his mouth that he admitted being rushed back.

Brady shouts at his OC and people said that it's no big deal. It just means that he still has the fire. Imgaine if Ben does that, he will get crushed.

Again, I'm not saying that Ben can do no wrong. But I want to see some actual on field evidences that he did change back to his old playing style. I think Haley's offensive scheme can work. And it did show that it worked in the first half. I just think that the inefficiency of the offense in the second half was mainly due to the lacking of running game and Haley didn't adjust for that.

Last edited by kan_t; 01-08-2013 at 02:25 AM.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #82
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Not all members of the media love RGIII - Rob Parker doesn't.

Players dictate the press they get in the media through their words and actions. Every person is accountable for their own behaviour. There is no conspiracy in the media to praise one person but condemn the next.

Ben and RGIII both know how to use the media. RGIII uses the media to elevate his standing with his teammates and put his organization in a good light. Ben right now is using the media to publish a letter of recommendation for Bruce Arians. Don't pretend that Ben isn't smart enough to know how the media portrays what he says and does.

I have a feeling the Ben will play in the Probowl... call it a hunch. Tell you what if Ben doesn't play in the Probowl I'll shave my eyebrows. OK?
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #83
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,664 Times in 616 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Yah, Dante Culpepper threw for 39 TD's and only 11 Ints in 2004. What did that get him?
A playoff win over the Packers.
Gnutella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #84
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I think his brain was hurt.
You're better than most fans here because you at least realize that he has a brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I am disgusted by all these comments by 'true fans"
On another Steelers message board, somebody posted a topic asking what changes people would make if they were in charge of the team. Here was my response:

I'd cut half the fan base this off-season.

Anybody who thinks that the NFL conspires on the Patriots' or Ravens' behalf. Anybody who wants to throw Todd Haley under the bus after one season. Anybody who calls Ben Roethlisberger dumb, or even implies that he is. Anybody who thinks they could do a better job coaching than Mike Tomlin. Anybody who feels entitled to their season tickets but arrives late, leaves early, and doesn't even bother showing up when the weather is bad. Anybody who hates black people unless they can score TDs. Anybody who goes to a road game and gets loud when the offense is on the field because the home crowd does. Anybody who cheers for the team but hates the city.

If any of the above describe you, then you're useless. Go die in a fire.

I meant every word of it too.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #85
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Ben wasn't even hurt that bad.
Oh, so now he wasn't even hurt that bad, huh?

How long does it take for a rib dislocation to heal?

That is a hard question to answer because there are so many different levels person-to-person. Generally it takes about six weeks. Keep in mind that is just healing, that doesn't get the athlete ready to return to their sport.

Strengthening and conditioning are what is needed not only for recovery but for prevention.

There are potential complications that should be watched for. They are primarily shock and infection at the outset and as the patient goes along they must be watched for impaired blood flow.

The good news about a rib dislocation is that rarely is surgery required.

A rib dislocation is serious. A dislocated rib can also affect other parts of the body and there may always be more than one.

The best preparation is to understand what a rib dislocation is and get a victim immediate help.

In other words, fuck you.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #86
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Oh, so now he wasn't even hurt that bad, huh?

How long does it take for a rib dislocation to heal?

That is a hard question to answer because there are so many different levels person-to-person. Generally it takes about six weeks. Keep in mind that is just healing, that doesn't get the athlete ready to return to their sport.

Strengthening and conditioning are what is needed not only for recovery but for prevention.

There are potential complications that should be watched for. They are primarily shock and infection at the outset and as the patient goes along they must be watched for impaired blood flow.

The good news about a rib dislocation is that rarely is surgery required.

A rib dislocation is serious. A dislocated rib can also affect other parts of the body and there may always be more than one.

The best preparation is to understand what a rib dislocation is and get a victim immediate help.

In other words, fuck you.
You can stick it up your craw.

If Ben was supposedly hurt so bad and it was limiting him, he should have realized his limitations or not bother playing at all. He volunteered to step out on the field. He practiced, got the all clear, and played. I didn't put him out there. He and the coaches came to an agreement that he should play. You don't like people saying Ben is dumb? Sorry for pointing out the truth based around real evidence. What has Ben done in his years in Pittsburgh to prove otherwise?

Like I said, looking for the nearest excuse for your hero screwing up and refusing to hold him to a degree of responsibility. Scapegoat everyone else but Ben. Tomlin, Lebeau, everyone gets raked over the coals except him. What Ben fanboys refuse to address however, despite clear evidence being brought up is WHY Ben got injured to begin with. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't a just freak occurence or accident.

Ben screwed up and screwed the team over in 2012. No if's, and's, or but's about it. I put 2012 on the backburner and we'll see what happens beyond.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #87
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
What Ben fanboys refuse to address however, despite clear evidence being brought up is WHY Ben got injured to begin with. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't a just freak occurence or accident.
He was injured on a sack for a loss of only three yards because he stepped up in the pocket to avoid edge pressure and still found nobody open downfield, and then had to eat the ball when the pocket collapsed because throwing the ball away from the pocket would have lost the offense 10 yards for intentional grounding.

Throwing the ball away would have been the dumb thing to do since it'd lose the offense seven more yards.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #88
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,949 Times in 3,702 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Throwing the ball away would have been the dumb thing to do since it'd lose the offense seven more yards.
not necessarily, eating it and getting hurt might be what cost us the season. If he had given up seven yards and taken the flag, maybe we're in the playoffs.

Then again, maybe if he threw it away they still would have hit him and we'd be in the same position. Lot's of if's and woulda's, I know...
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #89
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Then again, maybe if he threw it away they still would have hit him and we'd be in the same position. Lot's of if's and woulda's, I know...
Exactly - if he threw it his arm may have been extended as he hit the ground, causing a more awkward landing and more severe injury. We will never know.

One thing we do know is that Ben will be hurt to some degree every year. Have to solidify the backup QB positions this offseason.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #90
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Exactly - if he threw it his arm may have been extended as he hit the ground, causing a more awkward landing and more severe injury. We will never know.

One thing we do know is that Ben will be hurt to some degree every year. Have to solidify the backup QB positions this offseason.
Ben's our guy till he hangs it up, but totally agree with you - we need to find our young buck at backup that has the potential to keep the ship steady in the meantime.

That said - I wouldn't mind seeing Charlie at #2, with the young blood given a chance to move up to his spot at the end of the year.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote