Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,930 Times in 5,330 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Rainey in Jail for Domestic Battery Charge

Chris Rainey arrested for battery

Updated: January 10, 2013
By Michael DiRocco | GatorNation

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey was arrested Thursday morning and charged with one count of simple battery after an altercation with a woman over a cellphone.

According to a release from the Gainesville, Fla., police department, officers were called at 8:26 a.m. to an apartment complex on SW 42nd Place regarding an argument between a man and a woman that had turned physical. Witnesses said Rainey and the female accuser were arguing over Rainey's cellphone and Rainey pulled the woman out of a vehicle that belonged to his roommate and then slapped her in the face with an open hand.

Rainey and the woman fell to the ground, and then Rainey chased the woman and grabbed her bag to retrieve his cellphone, the release said. The two fell again. The release said neither Rainey nor the woman suffered visible injuries.

Police charged Rainey, a former standout at the University of Florida, with simple battery (dating violence), a first-degree misdemeanor, and he was booked into the Alachua County Jail.

Pittsburgh selected Rainey in the fifth round of the 2012 draft. Rainey ran for 102 yards and two touchdowns, caught 14 passes for 60 yards, and averaged 26.5 yards on 39 kickoff returns in his first season with the Steelers. A call to a Steelers spokesman seeking comment was not immediately returned.

It is not the first domestic violence arrest for Rainey, who just finished his rookie year with the Steelers. He was arrested Sept. 14, 2010, while at the University of Florida after sending a threatening text message to his on-again, off-again girlfriend that read: "Time to Die B----- u and ur???" Rainey was charged with felony aggravated stalking.

Then-coach Urban Meyer immediately dismissed Rainey from the team.

Thirteen days after his arrest, Rainey pled to a misdemeanor stalking charge and received deferred prosecution. He was ordered to pay $50 for the cost of prosecution, undergo evaluation and counseling for anger management/domestic violence issues, and either donate $100 to a domestic violence shelter or perform 10 hours of community service.

The charges were to be dropped if Rainey met those requirements and stayed out of trouble for six months. Spencer Mann, a spokesman for the state attorney's offense in Gainesville, said Rainey completed the agreement and the case was closed.

Rainey eventually rejoined the football team on Oct. 10, 2012. He finished his career at Florida ninth on the school's all-time rushing list (2,464 yards).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...attery-florida
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #32
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post

This shit's gotta stop. We N_E_E_D young guys that know the Steeler way, at least enough to minimize their off the field crap. Too much media for the Rooneys to bail out the annual helicopter shooter anymore. Shit will stick and stink more than ever.
For real, man.

Losses and 8-8 seasons I can deal with-- it is part of the game. Stupid incidents like Holmes throwing a glass at some girl's face because she took his seat in the club-- not so much.

Brings up the classic debate of whether it is classier for a team to give guys with troubled pasts another chance, or knowing when to just say no to a dude with obvious black marks in his history.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,501 Times in 2,134 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
For real, man.

Losses and 8-8 seasons I can deal with-- it is part of the game. Stupid incidents like Holmes throwing a glass at some girl's face because she took his seat in the club-- not so much.

Brings up the classic debate of whether it is classier for a team to give guys with troubled pasts another chance, or knowing when to just say no to a dude with obvious black marks in his history.
always a great topic. I'll come at that from a few perspectives

A. He effed up, but didn't really bring a lot to the table this past season
B. He effed up, but was a huge asset to us this past season
C. He effed up, didn't do a whole lot, but had some flashes of what could be

Take those thoughts and factor in who we else we have at RB and what we think we can or can't accomplish with them and if we might be getting someone that pushes Rainey down the chart (if we keep 1 or 2 of the other guys), and I think you'll come out with a clear take

Me. He has potential - but, this just sealed the idea for me to take an equal chance on someone new

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #34
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,339 Times in 4,143 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post

so the bitch stole his cell phone, jumped in a car to get away and he stopped her

Will she be charged with theft?
I know it differs from state to state, but unfortunately that's not the way the police work from what I've seen.

Apparently you're suppose to let ppl steal your stuff or ruin it, then after everything is done, you call the police for help. Police show up, treat you like a suspect, right everybody's name and soc. down, and tell you there is no proof that any crime was commited, but if you want to file charges go ahead. They also will let you know that you could sue somebody over stolen or damaged property. Pretty stupid.
lloydwoodson (01-11-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #35
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,625 Times in 2,722 Posts
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I know it differs from state to state, but unfortunately that's not the way the police work from what I've seen.

Apparently you're suppose to let ppl steal your stuff or ruin it, then after everything is done, you call the police for help. Police show up, treat you like a suspect, right everybody's name and soc. down, and tell you there is no proof that any crime was commited, but if you want to file charges go ahead. They also will let you know that you could sue somebody over stolen or damaged property. Pretty stupid.

He was arrested for hitting her. That's as it should be.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #36
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,501 Times in 2,134 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post

i have some like that where I live - I think they'd rather enjoy their lunch and occasionally pick up the person going 10 mph over the speed limit, going down a hill, than actually spend their time on at least stopping the person that absolutely, under no circumstances, OBEYS THE YIELD SIGN.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #37
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,191 Times in 4,622 Posts

We all have to chill. Young guys make mistakes, especially in their early twenties and this is to be expected. While it's more serious than intoxicated in public, they're still younger guys. We need to get off our high-horses and stop judging these guys for not following the 'Steeler way'.

Let's give him a break is all I'm saying.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-11-2013), zcoop (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #38
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

It says in the report that his girl friend was able to run away from him. What does Rainey run, something like a 4.2? I say cut him and sign the girl.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #39
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,625 Times in 2,722 Posts
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
We all have to chill. Young guys make mistakes, especially in their early twenties and this is to be expected. While it's more serious than intoxicated in public, they're still younger guys. We need to get off our high-horses and stop judging these guys for not following the 'Steeler way'.

Let's give him a break is all I'm saying.

I guess it wasn't your daughter

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #40
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,339 Times in 4,143 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I guess it wasn't your daughter
I would expect any daughter of mine to respect other people's property. But you're right, he got arrested for hitting her as it should be and he'll get a chance to defend himself, also as it should be.