Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #151
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,442 Times in 4,689 Posts
Default Re: Rainey in Jail for Domestic Battery Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
Of course she'll drop the charges and she'll say nothing happened because if he goes to jail and loses his job because of her she won't be getting that new house and car she always wanted
With no evidence of any physical abuse on her? Something isn't right here and the fact that the 'witnesses' saw them from a far in the dark makes me think that something's going on.

Either she's experiencing battered wife syndrome or what was originally reported wasn't accurate. There's a shocker, the media jumped on and sensationalized a story without waiting for any confirmed information.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #152
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
Of course she'll drop the charges and she'll say nothing happened because if he goes to jail and loses his job because of her she won't be getting that new house and car she always wanted
There is also the police report that says there were no visible marks on the victim. So there's that.

Nothing happened. Everyone overreacted and stuck their nose where it didn't belong. Rainey's girlfriend still wants to be with him... and he is unemployed.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Rainey- he should be back with a slight discount since he wasn't making much more than the minimum before.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #153
Ravens1
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24426

[QUOTE=Lady Steel;1075891]I'm not going to give him a break. It is not okay to hit a woman, no matter what age a man is. Men know this, even those in their 20's. It's also not okay to mess with her purse without permission. I never touch a man's wallet without permission. I carry a ton of stuff in my purse and it's heavy. If a guy tried to take my purse, I would cause him great harm with it.

It's not okay if his girlfriend took his cell phone without permission either, but I don't know the circumstances on how or why she had it, so I can't really speak to that issue, but it still doesn't warrant Rainey hitting her.[End Quote]

Might have to go with Sean Connery on this one.

Ravens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #154
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Are you suggesting they should tolerate what Rainey did in the interest of avoiding confusion?
Vis, you must be really disappointed to find out that Rainey did nothing wrong. It seems now that Rainey just had a run of the mill argument with his girlfriend and that he didn't strike her at all, she wants to continue contact with him and she is upset that he lost his job. You just lost an opportunity to pass judgement on other people.

Will the Steelers now issue an apology for wrongful termination or is that responsibility limited to players like Mendenhall and Roethlisberger only?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #155
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,442 Times in 4,689 Posts

If there was one thing I thought this conversation really needed, it was the Ravens fans point of view. I'm so glad we got it.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #156
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

@Ravens1 I was waiting for someone to post that interview.

You're going to get a lot of "Typical Ravens fan " for this. I salute you for making fun of an absolutely ridiculous situation where people rushed to condemn a man the instant he was charged with a crime he did not commit. Somehow you'll be the bad guy though.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #157
Ravens1
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24426

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
@Ravens1 I was waiting for someone to post that interview.

You're going to get a lot of "Typical Ravens fan " for this. I salute you for making fun of an absolutely ridiculous situation where people rushed to condemn a man the instant he was charged with a crime he did not commit. Somehow you'll be the bad guy though.
Thanks for seeing the post as I intended it. Yes, I have come to expect the typical reaction, which is why I didn't want to disappoint providing the opportunity to claim superiority. We are all blue collar morons wearing "wife beaters" down here in Baltimore don't cha know. ; )
Ravens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #158
Vis
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,970 Times in 2,869 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Vis, you must be really disappointed to find out that Rainey did nothing wrong. It seems now that Rainey just had a run of the mill argument with his girlfriend and that he didn't strike her at all, she wants to continue contact with him and she is upset that he lost his job. You just lost an opportunity to pass judgement on other people.

Will the Steelers now issue an apology for wrongful termination or is that responsibility limited to players like Mendenhall and Roethlisberger only?
So the independent witnesses were lying and the gf is telling the truth? No. The abused person trying to protect the abuser is so common it's cliche.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (01-12-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #159
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

I would be willing to bet that Rainey, and his girlfriend were both intoxicated. She suspected that he was screwing around on her with some other broad, which was probably correct. They got into a drunken argument about it. When the argument heated up, she grabbed his phone to look for any texts, numbers, or pictures from the other woman. In his drunkeness, Rainey became angry, aggressive, and abusive toward her, because she wouldn't give up the phone.
If they would have both stayed sober, and went to see a movie, none of this would of happened. Instead, Rainey will pay the price, and probably wind up with the Jets.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #160
Vis
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,970 Times in 2,869 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
I would be willing to bet that Rainey, and his girlfriend were both intoxicated. She suspected that he was screwing around on her with some other broad, which was probably correct. They got into a drunken argument about it. When the argument heated up, she grabbed his phone to look for any texts, numbers, or pictures from the other woman. In his drunkeness, Rainey became angry, aggressive, and abusive toward her, because she wouldn't give up the phone.
If they would have both stayed sober, and went to see a movie, none of this would of happened. Instead, Rainey will pay the price, and probably wind up with the Jets.
Bengals
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote