Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #271
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,210 Times in 2,564 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Anyone else notice that since the "Haley interviews with Arizona" leaked, there has been next to no news about their open job? Just sayin'

Sure there has. they interviewed Jay Gruden after Haley, if they ever interviewed haley.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...den-coach.html

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #272
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Honestly, Haley should go to Arizona. There is no point staying where you are not wanted and his current quarterback does not want him.

He should go to Arizona and do the best he can with what is there. A head coaching job is too good to pass up.

Haley made a lot of good changesto the offense. His aggressive playcalling style is best suited to a team where he has more control.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #273
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Honestly, Haley should go to Arizona. There is no point staying where you are not wanted and his current quarterback does not want him.

He should go to Arizona and do the best he can with what is there. A head coaching job is too good to pass up.

Haley made a lot of good changesto the offense. His aggressive playcalling style is best suited to a team where he has more control.
What makes you think Ben dosnt want him? I'm just curious as to were your getting your information from because I read a lot and have once heard Ben say something negative
Old 01-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #274
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:

That kind of sounds like you're saying Haley is handcuffed by someone higher up than he is. You certainly couldn't be talking about the Great King Emperor Art Rooney II being meddlesome are you?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #275
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
That kind of sounds like you're saying Haley is handcuffed by someone higher up than he is. You certainly couldn't be talking about the Great King Emperor Art Rooney II being meddlesome are you?
Why all of a sudden do you hate Art II so much? Which sports show put the 8-8 season at his feet that has you ready to storm his castle with pitchforks and torches?

I was talking about Tomlin. This is Tomlin's team and he makes the personnel decisions.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #276
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Why all of a sudden do you hate Art II so much? Which sports show put the 8-8 season at his feet that has you ready to storm his castle with pitchforks and torches?

I was talking about Tomlin. This is Tomlin's team and he makes the personnel decisions.
That wink could be taken as sarcasm.....

Sir, are you implying Artie is a meddlesome owner?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YINZ AN AIR-HEAD LUVER! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #277
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,776 Times in 8,647 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
What makes you think Ben dosnt want him? I'm just curious as to were your getting your information from because I read a lot and have once heard Ben say something negative
Hearsay... rumor... magic eight-ball...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #278
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Ben's a clever guy or should I say just a normal NFL Football player. Of course he won't say don't like Haley. Don't like his play calling. Want Arians back. F*** Haley. F*** Haley. F*** Haley.

But that he has his issues with him is very well known. Ben wants to have more freedom he wanna do more no huddle. He don't want a dink & dunk offense. He wanna throw deep passes and more mid range then passing screens 1 out of 3 throws.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #279
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,007 Times in 4,256 Posts

We don't know how Roethlisberger honestly feels about Haley as he's talked out both sides of his mouth this year. He's asked for more freedom in the no-huddle, but also said he appreciates the 'West Coast style' offense that has been implemented.

We can only guess about what he honestly thinks about the offense, but I'd be willing to bet he's torn on it. On one hand, he's getting hit less and becoming a magician on third down, but on the other there's a lack of a vertical option down the field that he really wants and loves in the gameplan.

Personally I think, if Haley stays, he has to add a downfield option for Roethlisberger. It's about keeping your Quarterback happy and not treating him like he's made of glass. Despite the fact that we've spent 4 high picks on our offensive line, we're still treating Ben like he's a fragile object. We need elements of this offense but we also need elements of a more vertical, higher-scoring and no-huddle type offense as well.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #280
AgentGold007
Banned

Member Number: 20176
My Mood: Cool

I wish Haley or the Cardinals would go ahead and make a decision already. If Haley's gonna go, then hopefully he does it soon while there are still some good replacements out there.
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote