Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #41
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796
Default Re: Rainey Vs Talamu

I remember years ago a Raven (I forgot his name) was arrested, charged, and sentenced for selling drugs. The judge actually intentionally sentenced him as to not interfere with his NFL season.

WOW.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #42
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,269 Times in 3,492 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
^ Now that Rainey is on the path to exhoneration the carefully aimed moral outrage has been scoped in on Ta'amu.

Rather than admit you judged Rainey unfairly you will go on to condemn the next man, and since Ta'amu was actually caught red-handed he makes a perfect target.

I stopped pretending the Steelers had the moral high ground I am sure you all can do the same.
I think some ppl have been saying all along that what Ta'amu did was far worse and that he didn't deserve to still be on the team.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #43
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,186 Times in 8,096 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I think some ppl have been saying all along that what Ta'amu did was far worse and that he didn't deserve to still be on the team.
Rainey (allegedly) hit a woman with his hand.

Ta'amu hit a woman with his car.

I'm no scientist... but...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #44
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
What Ta'amu did was far worse and he shouldn't be on the team. He has a serious alcohol problem and he can not be relied on. My point was the conversation immediately switched from vilifying Rainey, he was called a "thug" or a "gangster rapper" among other things, to demonizing Ta'amu for his behaviour.

As soon as it turns out Rainey didn't actually strike his girlfriend no one says a word. No one says "I guess I was wrong and shouldn't have rushed to judgement." Instead, people say "Yeah well forget about Rainey- look at Ta'amu there's a bad guy."
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #45
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,753 Times in 2,389 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
What Ta'amu did was far worse and he shouldn't be on the team. He has a serious alcohol problem and he can not be relied on. My point was the conversation immediately switched from vilifying Rainey, he was called a "thug" or a "gangster rapper" among other things, to demonizing Ta'amu for his behaviour.

As soon as it turns out Rainey didn't actually strike his girlfriend no one says a word. No one says "I guess I was wrong and shouldn't have rushed to judgement." Instead, people say "Yeah well forget about Rainey- look at Ta'amu there's a bad guy."
As soon as she said he didn't despite the others who say it. And you immediately called her a bitch. You jumped one way on this. Why?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #46
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
^ Now that Rainey is on the path to exhoneration the carefully aimed moral outrage has been scoped in on Ta'amu.

Rather than admit you judged Rainey unfairly you will go on to condemn the next man, and since Ta'amu was actually caught red-handed he makes a perfect target.

I stopped pretending the Steelers had the moral high ground I am sure you all can do the same.

i agree. i no longer can say that the steelers are any different than any other team in the nfl when it comes to stuff like this and as far as i am concerned, they might as well go after the best college kids regardless of criminal history.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #47
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,896 Times in 948 Posts

You know, the worst thing is the wasted draft pick. Steelers already had Mendenhall, Batch, Redman and Dwyer as backs. Sanders and Brown as return guys.

Could have drafted Safety George Iloka, WR Juron Criner, WR Marvin McNutt, Billy Wynn DE instead of Rainey. All good prospects that might still be on the Roster.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #48
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,186 Times in 8,096 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
You know, the worst thing is the wasted draft pick. Steelers already had Mendenhall, Batch, Redman and Dwyer as backs. Sanders and Brown as return guys.

Could have drafted Safety George Iloka, WR Juron Criner, WR Marvin McNutt, Billy Wynn DE instead of Rainey. All good prospects that might still be on the Roster.
Ta'amu's pick, as well.

If nothing else, those two picks could have been packaged, to trade up for Cordy Glenn or Bobby Wagner.

Alas...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #49
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,597 Times in 4,107 Posts

Hindsight is 20/20 guys. If you go back and look at who we could have had, you'll drink yourself into a depression. Trust me, we've missed on some guys in the later rounds. Don't go look, though. It's just upsetting.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #50
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 guys. If you go back and look at who we could have had, you'll drink yourself into a depression. Trust me, we've missed on some guys in the later rounds. Don't go look, though. It's just upsetting.
ALFRED MORRIS ANYONE???

lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote