Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #291
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 
Blackout's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 366
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20509
Thanks: 36
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

I wouldn't be surprised if Haley leaves. I really do believe there's been problems between BB and Haley which is why the offense sort of collapsed near the end of the season when BB came back. I felt Haley's play-calling took more of a backseat to what BB wanted to do. He thinks he is a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady.

And he's not. I wish Haley would get in BB's face and tell him that. But I'm sure he is scared to get confrontational as he did in the past.

I actually like the dink and dunk, but you gotta have a solid run game to make the offense explosive. I believe this works more on BB's strengths. The Rooneys want more of that smash mouth offense, and they will get that under Haley, if we can get the O-line to make some lanes.

Maybe Haley also feels he won't be successful in Pittsburgh because BB doesn't want to cooperate with him.
__________________

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Last edited by Blackout; 01-12-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #292
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Haley leaves. I really do believe there's been problems between BB and Haley which is why the offense sort of collapsed near the end of the season when BB came back. I felt Haley's play-calling took more of a backseat to what BB wanted to do. He thinks he is a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady.

And he's not. I wish Haley would get in BB's face and tell him that. But I'm sure he is scared to get confrontational as he did in the past.

I actually like the dink and dunk, but you gotta have a solid run game to make the offense explosive. I believe this works more on BB's strengths. The Rooneys want more of that smash mouth offense, and they will get that under Haley, if we can get the O-line to make some lanes.

Maybe Haley also feels he won't be successful in Pittsburgh because BB doesn't want to cooperate with him.
Maybe Ben is upset because the Steelers play Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game, then hope he bails them out from their own stupidity at the end.

Perhaps the Rooneys need to change their philosophies to match the modern NFL and not the early 70's.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #293
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,070
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 5,835
Thanked 4,970 Times in 2,352 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Maybe Ben is upset because the Steelers play Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game, then hope he bails them out from their own stupidity at the end.

Perhaps the Rooneys need to change their philosophies to match the modern NFL and not the early 70's.
Marty Ball

Marty Ball

Marty Ball

The more you say it, the more it is true.

Or not.
__________________
MacReady: Beaver pics - don't think we're in much shape to do anything about this thread
Childs: Well, what do we do?
MacReady: Why don't we just . . .wait here and post for a little while longer . . . see what happens?
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
lardlad (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #294
Gnutella
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,943
Member Number: 13861
Thanks: 1,807
Thanked 2,607 Times in 969 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

The more I think about it, I can't even blame Todd Haley for the play-calling down the stretch. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. The running game wasn't working because offensive linemen started dropping like flies, and the RBs proved incapable of carrying the load even when the offensive line was healthy. The passing game wasn't working because Roethlisberger was much more erratic after the injury to his throwing shoulder and adjacent rib. (Go figure.) In the end, he erred on the side of protecting the QB and chose to run the ball more.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gnutella For This Useful Post:
Corey120120 (01-14-2013), lloydwoodson (01-12-2013), StainlessStill (01-12-2013), teegre (01-12-2013), VaDave (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #295
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,302
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 101
Thanked 453 Times in 239 Posts
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Maybe Ben is upset because the Steelers play Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game, then hope he bails them out from their own stupidity at the end.

Perhaps the Rooneys need to change their philosophies to match the modern NFL and not the early 70's.
I have no clue were you get this from or why you think it. Do you really believe the Steelers want there running backs to only run for a yard or 2 on first down? Do you really think they want Ben to throw incompletion or interceptions? Do you think they want there WR's to drop or fumble there passes? Trust me, they want to score. They just haven't been executing very well.
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pete74 For This Useful Post:
lardlad (01-12-2013), lloydwoodson (01-12-2013), teegre (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #296
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 
Blackout's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 366
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20509
Thanks: 36
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Maybe Ben is upset because the Steelers play Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game, then hope he bails them out from their own stupidity at the end.

Perhaps the Rooneys need to change their philosophies to match the modern NFL and not the early 70's.
Well after some of the boneheaded decisions Ben made at the end of the season...
__________________

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #297
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,247
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,141
Thanked 25,533 Times in 10,357 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I have no clue were you get this from or why you think it. Do you really believe the Steelers want there running backs to only run for a yard or 2 on first down? Do you really think they want Ben to throw incompletion or interceptions? Do you think they want there WR's to drop or fumble there passes? Trust me, they want to score. They just haven't been executing very well.
You are becoming one of my favorite posters on here.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #298
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,247
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,141
Thanked 25,533 Times in 10,357 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
The more I think about it, I can't even blame Todd Haley for the play-calling down the stretch. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. The running game wasn't working because offensive linemen started dropping like flies, and the RBs proved incapable of carrying the load even when the offensive line was healthy. The passing game wasn't working because Roethlisberger was much more erratic after the injury to his throwing shoulder and adjacent rib. (Go figure.) In the end, he erred on the side of protecting the QB and chose to run the ball more.
I was thinking the same thing.

At the end of the season, in the Bengals game (I believe), the Steelers had a second & one and a third & one on back-to-back plays, in the red-zone. And, the Steelers passed twice... and afterwards, everyone was screaming that Haley not only should have run it twice, he should have run it on fourth down, as well.

BUT, if he had indeed run it (even once), people would have been screaming for BB to have passed it on those downs.

Damned if he did; damned if he didn't.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #299
austinfrench76
Head Coach
 
austinfrench76's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,845
Member Number: 3516
Thanks: 993
Thanked 744 Times in 446 Posts
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

You cannot blame Haley for BB's injury or the offensive collapse and where people come up with there was a rift with him and BB is beyond me! BB got hurt, season over. Sorry. I know people want there to have been a rift or a fist fight or someone slept with someone's wife but there is no evidence of anything other than Ben got hurt. C'mon!
austinfrench76 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to austinfrench76 For This Useful Post:
fansince'76 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #300
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 8,393
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 878
Thanked 6,275 Times in 2,974 Posts
My Mood: Sick
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Report: Todd Haley set 'very high' price during Cardinals interview

Apparently Todd Haley is very happy in his position as Steelers offensive coordinator because according to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, he set his asking price "very high" and made steep demands during his interview last week with Cardinals owner Mike Bidwill.

Haley has a nice relationship with Cardinals owner Mike Bidwill, going back to his days as the team’s offensive coordinator under Coach Ken Whisenhunt.

But he has repeated many times how happy he is to be working with the Steelers and back living in the area where he grew up. Haley’s dad, Dick, was the Steelers’ long-time director of player personnel who helped build the franchise’s first four Super Bowl teams.
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts