Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #101
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,842 Times in 9,336 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
2(48) Pittsburgh Steelers: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

The Steelers could use a bell-cow running back for their offense; Lacy is a perfect fit.

Lacy is in the mold of recent Alabama running backs. Under head coach Nick Saban, they've been led by ball-carriers who have a combination of size, quickness and power. Lacy (6-0, 220) is more like Mark Ingram rather than Trent Richardson. However, Lacy has more elusiveness than Ingram as Lacy has a nice spin move that he uses often to breakaway from defenders.

Following his dominant performance versus Notre Dame in National Championship Game (20-140), Lacy's 2012 totals reached 1,322 yards (6.5 average) and 17 touchdowns on only 204 carries. He was the power runner for Alabama, but lost carries to standout freshman T.J. Yeldon. Lacy caught 22 passes for 189 yards and two touchdowns, too. He had a massive performance against Georgia (20-181) in the SEC Championship.

Lacy was the backup in 2011 to star back Richardson. However, when the sophomore received carries, he made the most of them running for 631 yards on 84 carries with seven touchdowns.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie_2.php
Plus, Kenny Vaccaro in R1. Interesting.

Of course, Waltersfootball changes their mock daily... and cycles through about fifteen possible players per round (e.g. yesterday, it listed Dion Jordan as the R1 pick).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #102
MeanGee2047
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24036

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
If a team loses a player to free agency in one year (2013), they then receive a compensatory pick the following draft (2014).

If they both leave, I'd expect a R3 for Wallace and a R5 for Spinny.
Tell me...why do you think we would get a better pick for Wallace than Mendenhall? He was a 1st rounder....just curious on your thought....I was thinking we would get a 3rd & a 4th for them...
MeanGee2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #103
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGee2047 View Post
Tell me...why do you think we would get a better pick for Wallace than Mendenhall? He was a 1st rounder....just curious on your thought....I was thinking we would get a 3rd & a 4th for them...
Wallace is a top tier player at his position. His position has a longer shelf-life than a RB (10 years versus an average of 2.1 years). Spinny will be an "old" RB; whereas, Wallace will be in his prime. And, Spinny has been injured.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #104
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

I don't think Comps matter where the player was selected ...

I think it's based on playing time for the current team , and salary and playing time for the new team
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #105
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

You guys have gone senile if you think Te'o is getting past 20.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #106
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,023 Times in 4,571 Posts

There's too many playmaking WRs in this draft for us not to take one. I have us taking Robert Woods in the second round, but only because I think Cordarrelle Patterson and Tavon Austin are off the board. Adding Woods to our receiving corp would make it young and explosive and put a quality receiver opposite Brown that has sure hands and can run crisp routes.

Moving on to defense, with what Art Rooney said I very much doubt this team goes anywhere else in the first round other than a legitimate pass rusher. I also feel like Butler, Tomlin and LeBeau are going to have to have a chat with Woodley and ask him what the fuck happened this year. If Butler said his injuries have been preventable, then we need to find out what happened and fix it. Now. We can't afford to pay an OLB 60 million for him to be ineffective.

Again, that's why I have Jordan and Woods as our first two picks.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
teegre (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #107
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
There's too many playmaking WRs in this draft for us not to take one. I have us taking Robert Woods in the second round, but only because I think Cordarrelle Patterson and Tavon Austin are off the board. Adding Woods to our receiving corp would make it young and explosive and put a quality receiver opposite Brown that has sure hands and can run crisp routes.

Moving on to defense, with what Art Rooney said I very much doubt this team goes anywhere else in the first round other than a legitimate pass rusher. I also feel like Butler, Tomlin and LeBeau are going to have to have a chat with Woodley and ask him what the fuck happened this year. If Butler said his injuries have been preventable, then we need to find out what happened and fix it. Now. We can't afford to pay an OLB 60 million for him to be ineffective.

Again, that's why I have Jordan and Woods as our first two picks.
Nice post.

btw: I love Tavon Austin.

Not that he should be the pick at 17... but, you mentioned him, and I wanted to state my adoration.

Anyway, I agree OLB seems to be the pick... but, I'd also like a safety. I could see a WR taken in the later rounds, but, then again, BB has been asking for a big WR... which Woods is.

Still, I see it going OLB & S (or, S & OLB).
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #108
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,023 Times in 4,571 Posts

Quote:
Nice post.

btw: I love Tavon Austin.

Not that he should be the pick at 17... but, you mentioned him, and I wanted to state my adoration.

Anyway, I agree OLB seems to be the pick... but, I'd also like a safety. I could see a WR taken in the later rounds, but, then again, BB has been asking for a big WR... which Woods is.

Still, I see it going OLB & S (or, S & OLB).
If Tavon Austin was a couple inches taller, I wouldn't mind him being the 17th pick. Sadly, he's 5'9 and we already have shorter receivers. That being said, I think if Woods is off the board, we should turn to Keenan Allen. He's 6'3 and would again, be the receiver Ben is asking for.

I would only want Safety if we traded back to the 25ish area and picked up Elam, but I don't think that's going to happen.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #109
MeanGee2047
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24036

Quote:
Wallace is a top tier player at his position. His position has a longer shelf-life than a RB (10 years versus an average of 2.1 years). Spinny will be an "old" RB; whereas, Wallace will be in his prime. And, Spinny has been injured.
Thanks...I was curious about that!
MeanGee2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #110
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

If Patterson is gone and Justin Hunter is there...Grab him..6-4 and 200 and was going to compete in the 2012 Olympics before he hurt his knee against Florida in 2011..( He landed wrong after catching a pass, No hit or nobody falling on the leg) . He wasn't up to form of 2011 this year and dropped a lot of passes. Mainly because I think he knew he was headed for the NFL ( he as a kid) and he didn't want to get hurt..But he did come within 2 catches of setting a UT single season record...Pretty good company when you think that Stanley Morgan, Wille Gault, Alvin Harper, Carl Pickens, Donte Stallworth, Jason Witten all played at UT... He will blow everyone away at the combine was National ranked high jumper and sprint champ...

Patterson while not knowing the playbook scored every way possible for UT..Receiving, Rushing, Punt, Kickoff, Broke a UT single season record that stood for 25 years...One of the best players I've ever seen when he touches the football...Beat David Amerson like a rented mule in the opening game... 6'3''and 205...Can, stop and start and change directions like a scatback...NEVER, EVER saw anyone get a solid lick on him...Dynamic open field runner is putting it mildly.