Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #151
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Broncos/Ravens Playoff Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
This is the coach that beat us last year?

First, not throwing for it on 3rd-and-7 despite having a future first ballot Hall of Famer as your quarterback. Then, kneeling it down with said Hall of Fame quarterback to play for overtime. I'm still in shock at those two calls, but I'm cheering for a Packers / Pats Super Bowl now.
Ben can't outduel Tim Tebow and Tomlin once again has his team ill-prepared.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #152
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24512

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
So everyone understandably thinks the Pats-Houston game is a formality at this point. Hate to agree but would love to be proven wrong. Question for our Ravens fans though. Who would you rather play? Houston beat you bad but so did these Broncos. You beat Brady but the Pats are famously tough to beat twice in a season too. Sounds like the ultimate Catch-22. I'd probably prefer the Texans though since Schaub isn't anywhere near the big game QB that Brady is.
I would rather see the Ravens play the Texans. The Texans are weaker than when we last played them. The Ravens stronger. Plus, Houston better place to play IMHO.

However, after tonight's game, I think we can beat either team.
Unkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #153
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
The Ravens aren't beating Tom in his house of pain now. The Texans have a better overall team and are arguably better in every single facet of the game, positionally than the Ravens. The Pats are going to win tomorrow, big. So, the Ravens are going against the Pats in Tom's house and are going to get embarrassed. I'm really looking forward to Ray Lewis crying again next week, but only because his career is over at the hands of the Patriots.

They're not going against Eric Decker, Thomas and Tamme next week. Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, Branch and Tom.

Every Ravens fan is going to bring up the fact that they beat them earlier this season, but the Patriots don't lose in their house this time of year - they just don't. Sorry, Ravens fans, the AFC Title game is where John Harbaugh's career will ultimately peak. He'll be the next Andy Reid - 4 AFC title games, no Super Bowl victories and eventually washed up and coaching the Chiefs.

S'ok, we all know it's coming.
Did you think the Ravens would win tonight? Have any chance at all?

BTW: The Ravens lost in NE last year-due to a dropped TD and missed FG. Those were the differences in that game. Flacco beat Brady. Both Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff are gone. Brady will be the one crying on Monday--sorry to disagree.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #154
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Agree with SteelersCan on that 3rd and 7 call. Turtle ball doesn't get it done. You got to play to win.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #155
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,391 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post

BTW: The Ravens lost in NE last year-due to a dropped TD and missed FG. Those were the differences in that game. Flacco beat Brady. Both Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff are gone. Brady will be the one crying on Monday--sorry to disagree.
Yep. Flacco outplayed Golden Boy by quite a bit last year. Not his fault that Lee Evans couldn't hold onto a pass that he put right in his hands and that Cundiff sucks. The Patriots have won as many postseason games by dumb luck as anything else (Tuck Rule, John Kasay giving it to them on the 40-yard line after booting a kickoff out of bounds, the "hot potato" play against San Diego in 2006, etc., etc.). It's the ESPN talking heads who suck their dick 24/7 who have built them up into this "unstoppable juggernaut."

Don't believe the hype.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #156
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 4,986 Times in 2,186 Posts

Yes Baltimore played well.

Yes Peyton played so-so.

But most of all, that _enver D during that 70-yd bomb to Jones was, as comic book guy would say, the WORST. DE-FENSE. EV-ER.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
ZoneBlitzer (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #157
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Yes Baltimore played well.

Yes Peyton played so-so.

But most of all, that _enver D during that 70-yd bomb to Jones was, as comic book guy would say, the WORST. DE-FENSE. EV-ER.
You got that right.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #158
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,723 Times in 4,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Ben can't outduel Tim Tebow and Tomlin once again has his team ill-prepared.
Oh, you aren't going to bait me into this one. Nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post

I thought the Broncos were going to win, but I didn't think it was going to be a blowout.

Regarding last year, do you know what they call almost winning? The Ravens' secondary without Webb is bad and Cary Williams isn't going to be able to cover Gronk or Welker, whomever Harbaugh decides is a great fit for him.

The Pats started the year off slow but are now the best team in football and I'm sorry, Ray Lewis is playing like absolute shit but is being praised by the media because it's his 'last ride'? No, fuck that. I'm going to call a spade a spade here - he's making tackles 8 yards down field and getting praised for doing so. If our Linebackers were making tackles 8 yards down field we'd be discussing a serious problem that our defense has.

I'd love to see Flacco head into Foxboro and win in the playoffs. I'd also love to win the lottery tomorrow, but let's shit in one hand and wish in the other.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #159
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,076 Posts
My Mood: Tired

The Broncos #2 Defense sure played like number 2 throughout the entire game. Manning's three turnovers sure didn't help their cause either. Trindon Holliday seemed to be the only Bronco that wasn't sleepwalking throughout the entire game.

Last edited by Blacksburg Zach; 01-13-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #160
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Look, I think the Pats are certainly going to be favored over the Ravens. But, I think the Broncos are a better team than the Pats.

I discount the Ravens win over the Pats earlier this year. Replacement refs-in Baltimore etc. (I do think the the FG was good though.) It will be a great game.

My point is that its not going to be lopsided. I was surprised to be both AFC games have lines of 9 1/2.

I just cannot stand Brady or Bellichek. I would rather see the Steelers in the SB. Steelers are a legit smash mouth team.

This sums up the Pats and Brady....

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm