Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #21
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,910 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft: Steelers prospects at running back

I wonder if we could trade our #1 pick (17) for somebody else's #1 pick (18-32)and also get their 2 round pick, we could prolly get Lacey in the first round and use the 2 second round picks on D
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #22
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Like I often said on many occasions I really would love us to get Joseph Randle. Think he is really a prospect to help us for years in the backfield. He's fast, tall and runs with a great attitude.

Also liking the kid out of Arkansas, Knile Davis. But only the one in 2010. Could we get that kid we would ave a real stud. But after missing the whole second year due to a ankle injury (I think it was) he looked kind of slow and that he lost a step. If he can bring the kid from 2010 back at the combine. I would get him a shot in the 5th Round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
I wonder if we could trade our #1 pick (17) for somebody else's #1 pick (18-32)and also get their 2 round pick, we could prolly get Lacey in the first round and use the 2 second round picks on D
Why is everybody so big on Lacey? We have the exact player in Mendenhall and he is proven. Re-sign him if you want a guy like Lacey. We don't have to give away a very valueble draft pick for this.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #23
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,365 Times in 3,011 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Like I often said on many occasions I really would love us to get Joseph Randle. Think he is really a prospect to help us for years in the backfield. He's fast, tall and runs with a great attitude.

Also liking the kid out of Arkansas, Knile Davis. But only the one in 2010. Could we get that kid we would ave a real stud. But after missing the whole second year due to a ankle injury (I think it was) he looked kind of slow and that he lost a step. If he can bring the kid from 2010 back at the combine. I would get him a shot in the 5th Round.

Why is everybody so big on Lacey? We have the exact player in Mendenhall and he is proven. Re-sign him if you want a guy like Lacey. We don't have to give away a very valueble draft pick for this.
You're right. Mendenhall is a big, fast, man that can catch the ball. Unfortunately, he has the head of a 5 year old. If Lacey can bring everything that he shows physically, with a maturity and determination that far exceeds Mendy, he can be special. I also love how he picks up blitzes. He runs with a nastiness that I think fans here would love. His physical style and every down ability makes him a good fit for what the Steelers say they want to do.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #24
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
You're right. Mendenhall is a big, fast, man that can catch the ball. Unfortunately, he has the head of a 5 year old. If Lacey can bring everything that he shows physically, with a maturity and determination that far exceeds Mendy, he can be special. I also love how he picks up blitzes. He runs with a nastiness that I think fans here would love. His physical style and every down ability makes him a good fit for what the Steelers say they want to do.
And thats where you all lose me. 'He runs with a nastiness that I think fans here would love.' Do you know what I think steeler fans would love? A Running Back who gets 5 yards a carry. Nobody would care if he runs elusive like a guy like McCoy or like a Power Back like Frank Gore. We want production. Don't say Lacey can't bring production but I'm sick of it that we search the next Bettis in every Back.

We don't need to!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #25
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
And thats where you all lose me. 'He runs with a nastiness that I think fans here would love.' Do you know what I think steeler fans would love? A Running Back who gets 5 yards a carry. Nobody would care if he runs elusive like a guy like McCoy or like a Power Back like Frank Gore. We want production. Don't say Lacey can't bring production but I'm sick of it that we search the next Bettis in every Back.

We don't need to!!!
I agree with you. I don't want an exclusively power back like Bettis. I want a great back...period. What I'm saying is that the organization appears to want a big powerful back. In a perfect world, you find a runner that is big, powerful, elusive with speed, and the ability to catch and pass protect. Those guys are rare.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #26
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
I agree with you. I don't want an exclusively power back like Bettis. I want a great back...period. What I'm saying is that the organization appears to want a big powerful back. In a perfect world, you find a runner that is big, powerful, elusive with speed, and the ability to catch and pass protect. Those guys are rare.
Absolutly. Don't know how big the steelers are on a power back but it defenitly seems so with Rashard, Redman and Dwyer that they are favoring that type.

Bye the way you exactly described Adrian Peterson there. Exept for the catch thing maybe.^^
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #27
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Absolutly. Don't know how big the steelers are on a power back but it defenitly seems so with Rashard, Redman and Dwyer that they are favoring that type.

Bye the way you exactly described Adrian Peterson there. Exept for the catch thing maybe.^^
Oh if only we could ever get a guy like that! That dude is just different. He plays with so much desire and relentlessness. What a back.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #28
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
Now that's a good idea. Then you got three players that can step in and make a difference immediately.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote