Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Who said he isnt solid? Hes a slightly above average QB on a good team who is good enough physically to be competitve and win games, but too weak mentally to ever really be anything other than Captain Almost.. He's perfect. Too good to get someone else, but not good enough to be the man. There is a reason why they havent paid him.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

More like this topic needs to stop kidding itself.

Joe Flacco has had solid performances before, but the truth of the matter here is that he's very inconsistent. He played like shit last week. There's a reason why Baltimore hasn't thrown a ton of money at him.

Baltimore's chances depend on which Joe Flacco shows up. For their luck Bad Joe hasn't shown up just yet.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #13
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Showing up in the AFC championship game on a consistant basis, I'd say he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

He may not be in the elite statis but I think the W's in the post season speak for themselves.

Now I can't wait to watch them get picked apart next week.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #14
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Didn't read one of the comments here but I can't believe what this thread is about.

Did he play very well yesterday, yes. Wasn't that impressive though. He benefited from sloppy defense in the final drive of the 4th quarter and at the beginning on the long pass to Torrey. What was really good? The Drive at the end of the half that was really one hell of a masterpiece and nobody couldn't do better. 80 yards in 3 plays just impressive. The other Touchdown I don't remember right now. But the rest, take away the big plays where you can't give him that much credit for like I said the drive at the half which was impressive, he had really just a very average day. Completing I don't know 50% of his passes maybe. Wasn't a real threat for me of winning the game by starting at the own 20 yard line so please.

I don't know whats written about Flacco here on the board all the time because I'm a member not that long here but we all know he is no scrub. But is he a great Quarterback, also not. Give him credit where credit is deserved. He played good last night and is part of the team who goes to the Conference Championship. Thats impressive but he is in no sence a very good Quarterback maybe a little more then above average but I don't give him more, period.

One Thing I have to say though that just freaked me out last night. The defensive Interference by Cary Williams. I really just snapped there. Common really you gave him that play sliding with his legs into Thomas and no Ref sees it? You're kidding me right. Just ridiculous. Hated him the whole game as that happend. Celebreated every catch and every call against Willliams that game.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #15
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Joe Flacco has had solid performances before, but the truth of the matter here is that he's very inconsistent. He played like shit last week. There's a reason why Baltimore hasn't thrown a ton of money at him.

Baltimore's chances depend on which Joe Flacco shows up. For their luck Bad Joe hasn't shown up just yet.
This I agree with. We never know what Joe what show up. Its talked about around here often. (A lot has to do with the O line. He needs time and doesn't handle a collapsing pocket well.) He can be brilliant or play like an amateur.

Last edited by Unkindness; 01-13-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
Unkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #16
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

The thread is right.
Solid? Yes, he is. No question.
Among the best QB's in the league, though? No.

I agree with some of the above comments. You never know which one is going to show up. Also, If he gets pressured by a defense, he's below average. We've seen that time and time again.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #17
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,219 Times in 3,239 Posts

He played very well and the Ravens are now going to have to pay him even more $$ to bring him back while figuring out how to also pay Ray Rice - yesterday's game costing the Ravens more $$$ is the only good thing to come out of that game
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Ben is consistent? I've seen him play like sh*t too, and not too long ago.
I don't agree that Baltimore's chances on Offense depend largely on Flacco. I would say less than us w/ Ben.
They have a much stronger running game than us. Rice is much more dangerous than any of our RBs and he proved it many times.

The difference between the 2 teams is essentially the Defense, year in and year out.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

At least the Ravens aren't ascared of throwing the ball deep - I'll give them that.

We need a real OL - stop wasting money on defense, they can't score 40.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Flacco had success last night due to poor defensive play by Denver. Period. He is not clutch. He is not solid. He earned a new contract and the Ravens will regret it.