Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
Default Re: Peyton Manning throws game-losing INT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Only Kool-aid drinkers thought Denver was going to do something. They hadn't played a single decent opponent since New England thrashed them.

Peyton sucks in the play offs.

This is his 8th one and done, and he joins the record holders today as the quarterback with the most post season loses, ironically, on the same weekend Brady may surpass Montana for post season wins.

Can't wait to see the Peyton Pity Parade on ESPN this week. Getting tiny violin ready.
He is Mr. One and done, but today he put his team in a position to win. But somehow they miraculously blew it with some of the worst defensive coverage I've seen in the final seconds of the game. The guy is great, but he needs help. He needs a strong running game and a dominant D. Their D was awful today. They were shredded to bits and Flacco had all day to throw.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoneBlitzer For This Useful Post:
Kanata-Steeler (01-13-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #32
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,769 Times in 2,665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Can't get much worse than another Ravens-Patriots championship! Ughh.
Wanna bet? Ponder the possibility of a Harbaugh versus Harbaugh Super Bowl
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #33
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

I was watching the game and as soon as he threw it, i said "game, set, match - you're the goat - you just blew the season for Denver, Peyton..."
That was a horrible throw, horrible decision. If Ben threw that, Steeler fans would be calling for him to be hanged this morning.
However, since its Peyton, i'm hearing a ton of "sports apologists" this morning on the networks.

I like Peyton and he also seems to be a good guy - but is there any more over-rated QB's in the history of the NFL than the Manning brothers??? Really?
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #34
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

The Broncos secondary was absolutely atrocious and if their ST doesn't score 2 TDs, the Broncos would have been slaughtered by the Ravens.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #35
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

When Peyton decided to join the Broncos last year, I was surprised because he has never been a cold weather QB, having played in a dome his whole career. It's ironic that the last Bronco QB to win a playoff game is still Tim Tebow.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #36
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Only Kool-aid drinkers thought Denver was going to do something. They hadn't played a single decent opponent since New England thrashed them.

Peyton sucks in the play offs.

This is his 8th one and done, and he joins the record holders today as the quarterback with the most post season loses, ironically, on the same weekend Brady may surpass Montana for post season wins.

Can't wait to see the Peyton Pity Parade on ESPN this week. Getting tiny violin ready.
Drink much kool-aid ? Ha ha, and just last week, you were pineing away, changing your mind between wanting your Pats to play the Broncos, or Ravens. ?
LoL - u would have said, the exact same think about the Ravens, had Broncos won.
Bronco's defense was nuthin'' but "Swiss Cheese".
Manning can atleast put up Offensive points, but with a "D" like Broncos had, it wouldn't have mattered.
Peyton threw the game-losing INT, and we all know how that feels too.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #37
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
The Broncos secondary was absolutely atrocious and if their ST doesn't score 2 TDs, the Broncos would have been slaughtered by the Ravens.
I know! What happened to their defense??? I actually liked their D until yesterday. I thought they had a good pass rush but they were nowhere and I mean nowhere to be found. It's like they fell off a cliff.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #38
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I was watching the game and as soon as he threw it, i said "game, set, match - you're the goat - you just blew the season for Denver, Peyton..."
That was a horrible throw, horrible decision. If Ben threw that, Steeler fans would be calling for him to be hanged this morning.
However, since its Peyton, i'm hearing a ton of "sports apologists" this morning on the networks.

I like Peyton and he also seems to be a good guy - but is there any more over-rated QB's in the history of the NFL than the Manning brothers??? Really?
I could see it coming too. He had a rusher right in his face and I was just saying no, just get rid of it, no, no and fuck. There goes the ball game.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #39
BowCatShot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24236

Not only the officials but what was up with Dierdorff(sp) and Gumball I think it was gushing and slobbering all over the Ravens? When the Broncos did something well those two sounded as if their own mothers had just died. What WAS up with that?
BowCatShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #40
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowCatShot View Post
Not only the officials but what was up with Dierdorff(sp) and Gumball I think it was gushing and slobbering all over the Ravens? When the Broncos did something well those two sounded as if their own mothers had just died. What WAS up with that?

Thats what Dierdorf does.
NO ONE employed by the NFL, any of the networks, or anyone associated with the league annoys me more than Dierdorf does. He's the sports ultimate apologist.
He NEVER points out mistakes or goats or dishes out blame. It's "always someone else's fault" and everyone and everyone who has ever played the sport for even one play in an NFL uniform is a god amongst men.
I really, really hate Diedorf.
Thats why l love listening to guys like Jon Grude and Cris Collinsworth. They'll get on guys, point out mistakes, dish criticism where its justified, and call it as they see it.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote