Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Flacco had success last night due to poor defensive play by Denver. Period. He is not clutch. He is not solid. He earned a new contract and the Ravens will regret it.
He also had success because they can also run the ball effectively, something we can't do anymore.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Flacco had success last night due to poor defensive play by Denver. Period. He is not clutch. He is not solid. He earned a new contract and the Ravens will regret it.
Defenses make mistakes during every game. There is no perfect defense out there. The good QBs are the ones that can take advantage of the defenses mistakes and Flacco did that yesterday.
I have seen wallace and Brown both burn the secondary before and Ben not get the ball to them like Flacco did yesterday. I have seen Flacco miss his target before as well but yesterday when it mattered he was on so don't try and take credit from him just because he plays in our division
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #23
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

This thread is amazing. The posts about Flacco's inconsistency are fair enough, but the posts criticizing his play yesterday as "lucky" are shockingly ungrounded in reality. How about the 3rd down throw to Pitta when they were backed up in the end zone? The back shoulder throw to Torrey when Champ had good coverage on him? And he played great in the Colts game too.

It is all well and good to point to Flacco's flaws, he has had his share of bad games, he is susceptible to the strip sack, etc. But you really, really have to be kidding me to criticize yesterday's effort.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to i82much For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-13-2013), plenewken (01-14-2013), Quackjack (01-13-2013), ZoneBlitzer (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #24
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,481 Posts

He's a very good QB on a hated team. He has enough flaws for us to pick on. That's what we choose to do. It's more fun than neutral analysis.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
He's a very good QB on a hated team. He has enough flaws for us to pick on. That's what we choose to do. It's more fun than neutral analysis.
Yeah I'm a sports radio kind of guy. I like sports and I love football and I can appreciate a good athlete even if they are on another team.

There are a lot of great players in the NFL. What separates them is what's btw the ears.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #26
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

You never know what you're going to get with him is the thing. Honestly, I thought he outplayed Brady last year in the AFC Championship game but the Evans drop and Cundiff missed FG cost them the game. The thing is I still don't expect consistent play from him. I think he's the most enigmatic QB in the game because his extremes really are that high. And as for yesterday, I do agree that he benefited from the Denver secondary making mistakes but that is part of the game and on the Broncos more than him in the end. He's not "elite" like what he said but few really are. I'd probably rather have him than Peyton in the playoffs though at this point.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #27
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Two words - Bryant McKinnie.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Of course he's solid
Some of the comments about him here aren't surprising though, considering its a steelers board. Bitter rivals aren't known for impartial, fair evaluations of each other, I recall one guy once claiming James farrior was a greater ILB than ray lewis
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #29
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Ben is consistent? I've seen him play like sh*t too, and not too long ago.
I don't agree that Baltimore's chances on Offense depend largely on Flacco. I would say less than us w/ Ben.
They have a much stronger running game than us. Rice is much more dangerous than any of our RBs and he proved it many times.

The difference between the 2 teams is essentially the Defense, year in and year out.
Ben isn't consistent either. Right now I say he's degraded to Flacco's Level.

The big X factor for the Ravens on Offense is that they have a respected running game, the Steelers do not. A good majority of the playoff teams this year can RUN the ball effectively.

Baltimore has Rice, Seattle has Lynch, Atlanta Has Turner, The Niners have Gore, and the Texans have Foster.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
plenewken (01-14-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #30
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

... against a Defense with gigantic hole in its deep safeties, aka Chump Bailey & Co., it's 2ndary,..., was abosulte crap, except for their run-D, but basically, the rest of the bronco's "D" was swiss-chesse.
So ya, I guess in that case, Flacco was "solid". ? -ya whatever.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote