Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #41
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: Peyton Manning throws game-losing INT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Drink much kool-aid ? Ha ha, and just last week, you were pineing away, changing your mind between wanting your Pats to play the Broncos, or Ravens. ?
LoL - u would have said, the exact same think about the Ravens, had Broncos won.
Bronco's defense was nuthin'' but "Swiss Cheese".
Manning can atleast put up Offensive points, but with a "D" like Broncos had, it wouldn't have mattered.
Peyton threw the game-losing INT, and we all know how that feels too.
Wrong. I have been preaching that Baltimore would win and that Peyton would go one and done in the post season for a long, long time. They played nobodies all season and ESPN got on the Peyton parade like fools.

Peyton now has more one and dones than any other quarterback in NFL history.
That's EIGHT seasons of beating up on the AFC South (expansion team division) and now the AFC West (lol) and then showing how feeble you really are against real teams.

Peyton is no stranger to Patriot fans. We know him better than anyone, apparently.

Brady > Peyton.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #42
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I know! What happened to their defense??? I actually liked their D until yesterday. I thought they had a good pass rush but they were nowhere and I mean nowhere to be found. It's like they fell off a cliff.
What "happened to their defense" is their #2 defense doesn't mean jack in the post season when stats to give you the "#2 defense" were built on teams like the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders.

What happened was their whole team, including their quarterback, were wildly overrated by talking heads on ESPN.

Without 2 special teams touchdowns the Broncos aren't even in that game
The Following User Says Thank You to PATS16N0 For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #43
Quackjack
Head Coach

Member Number: 24540

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Brady > Peyton.
True.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #44
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Im not necessarily saying they screwed anyone. But the lack of offensive pass interference calls against Baltimore was a bit questionable, there were two that come to mind, one on a Torrey Smith TD. Then there was the pass interference called against Bailey late in the game that was absolutley bogus. Im hoping Houston wins tomorrow. But hey, whatever, the Steelers are out so I could care less who wins the SB. If the Ravens make it i wont even watch it. Last time they went it was a snooze-fest.
Q
If by snooze-fest you mean lopsided blowout by one of the best single season defenses ever, it sure was.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #45
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Wrong. I have been preaching that Baltimore would win and that Peyton would go one and done in the post season for a long, long time. They played nobodies all season and ESPN got on the Peyton parade like fools.

Peyton now has more one and dones than any other quarterback in NFL history.
That's EIGHT seasons of beating up on the AFC South (expansion team division) and now the AFC West (lol) and then showing how feeble you really are against real teams.

Peyton is no stranger to Patriot fans. We know him better than anyone, apparently.

Brady > Peyton.
Meanwhile the Pats are competing against power houses like Miami, Buffalo and the Jets, led by Mark Sanchez. Seriously when it comes to division competition you have no room to talk.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #46
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Meanwhile the Pats are competing against power houses like Miami, Buffalo and the Jets, led by Mark Sanchez. Seriously when it comes to division competition you have no room to talk.
Wrong.

The Jets are a top defense. They are every season. A top 5 defense this season despite losing their best defensive player, and they're a division rival at that.

Say what you want about Jets dysfunction and their offense this season, but the Jets are not the Chargers. Their defense brought them to two back to back AFC Championship games, lest you forget.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #47
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts

I'll say one thing about our division, we all give each other our best games. As far as the Patriots go, their rivals give them their best, but in my opinion, the talent level is a bit lower.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #48
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I'll say one thing about our division, we all give each other our best games. As far as the Patriots go, their rivals give them their best, but in my opinion, the talent level is a bit lower.
At least give me the Jets lol.

Even this year with them being the butt fumble team, they still managed a strong defense even with Revis gone.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #49
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Wrong.

The Jets are a top defense. They are every season. A top 5 defense this season despite losing their best defensive player, and they're a division rival at that.

Say what you want about Jets dysfunction and their offense this season, but the Jets are not the Chargers. Their defense brought them to two back to back AFC Championship games, lest you forget.
You are defending the Jests right now. 20th in pts/g, who face the lame ass Bills and Dolphins, inflating their yds/game number to 8th. That is not a top defense.

Don't get me wrong, the pats are a great team, I expect the Ravens to play you again this year in AFCCG, not disrespecting the Pats.

But there is no defending the garbage division you play in, even if you could make a case for the Jests.

EDIT: since you asked I will spot you New York.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #50
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
You are defending the Jests right now. 20th in pts/g, who face the lame ass Bills and Dolphins, inflating their yds/game number to 8th. That is not a top defense.

Don't get me wrong, the pats are a great team, I expect the Ravens to play you again this year in AFCCG, not disrespecting the Pats.

But there is no defending the garbage division you play in, even if you could make a case for the Jests.

EDIT: since you asked I will spot you New York.
Great :)

To be honest, I want a Tom Brady v Ray Lewis AFC Championship game rematch.
My hatred for Baltimore softened completely for the season when Ray Lewis announced his retirement. If we defeat the Texans and lose to Baltimore, i'll be more ok with it than normally.

If we win, I think Tom Brady being Ray Lewis last AFC offensive opponent is a fitting end for him.