Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #41
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 8,237
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 67,046
Thanked 11,244 Times in 4,487 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
This post is a perfect example of how bias can obscure rational thought. Nothing that you have said makes any sense in any objective universe. That said, I hope it made you feel good to type this.
are you talking to yourself?
__________________
See the little goblin, See his little feet
And his little nosey-wose, Isn't the goblin sweet?
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #42
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bath, Ohio
Posts: 4,766
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 124
Thanked 311 Times in 215 Posts
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

in response to the comments about Brees (the ultimate stat-padder) - i think he's good....very good......but in reality, he attempts alot more passes than Ben - or any QB for that matter. At times when i watch a Saints game, i feel like every single play from offense was a pass play. It's ridiculous.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #43
PhantomJB93
Team President
 
PhantomJB93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,148
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13907
Thanks: 528
Thanked 1,119 Times in 536 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
This post is a perfect example of how bias can obscure rational thought. Nothing that you have said makes any sense in any objective universe. That said, I hope it made you feel good to type this.
Really? The only thing I said that wasn't remotely "objective" was my last statement about dropping 50, which was an opinion, albeit one I do believe.

It is a fact his receivers were ridiculously wide open all day. Champ Bailey played by far his worst game in a decade+ long HOF career. It is a fact Flaccid missed several throws for easy TD's to Smith, but luckily his receivers made two lucky plays later in the game to make him look better.

It is a fact he underthrew Jones and simply re-watching the play should provide enough evidence of that. I have no idea what the Broncos defender was doing on the play but he made a weird jump and tripped over himself, all he had to do was keep running and easy pick or at least deflection. Jones burned the initial coverage and it should have been a TD, and it was, but Flaccid made it way harder than it needed to be. The defender who tripped should have never even had a chance to make a play on the ball, but he did and should have.

Flaccid played an average game where all he had to do was chuck the ball up in the air and his receivers had all the time they wanted to adjust and make the catch. He never hit anyone in stride, or in a tight window, or did anything that remotely resembled good QB play other than being able to throw the ball within 10 yards of his receiver. If the Broncos secondary was even just mediocre the Broncos win that game, but they were bellow abysmal.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #44
ZoneBlitzer
Team President
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,340
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 334
Thanked 747 Times in 382 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
My gut feeling as of this second:

Tier 1 - "Elite":

Brady
Brees
Rodgers

Tier 2 - Near "elite", teams will be Super Bowl contenders more years than not:

Manning
Manning
Roethlisberger

Tier 3 - More than happy with what you have:

Griffin
Ryan
Stafford


Tier 4/5 - Homers call them "elite", no one else does. Capable of performing very well, but generally middle-of-the-pack:

Cutler
Flacco
Freeman
Luck
Newton
Rivers
Romo
Smith
Schaub
Wilson
Vick

Tier 6 - Young but not overly impressive so far/small body of work/very low end starters that would be better as high-end backups:

All Ari and KC QB's
Dalton
Fitzpatrick
Foles
Kapernick
Locker
Palmer
Ponder
Tanehill
Weeden

Tier Dookie:

All KC and Arizona QB's
Gabbert
Sanchez

Flacco is a top 10-15 guy to me. That's not as a Steelers fan, that's just how I see it rationally. He's in that category of guys that can be special but aren't amazing. Those two tiers I just lumped together because most of those guys are about the same, and I don't see any of them winning the Super Bowl with as good as they are right now. Of course some can get better, especially the younger guys, but most of those guys are interchangeable. If the Texans woke up with Flacco instead of Schaub they wouldn't be doing backflips. If Dallas had Flacco instead of Romo, they'd still be about 9-7 every year. They aren't anything special, but most of those guys aren't going anywhere because there is no one better to replace them.
Interesting tier breakdown. But I got to say there are a lot of talented QBs in the league these days. I've been following football for years and I have never seen this many good QBs in the league.

Last edited by ZoneBlitzer; 01-14-2013 at 09:30 PM.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #45
NSMaster56
Living Legend
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 3,523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 10,044
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,172 Posts
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

One of my buddies is an avid Flacco supporter/defender.

We discussed him at length last night and agreed that he's very good, probably on the cusp of the top-10 QB's in the league or at the end of the list (somewhere between #'s 8 and 12---better than Romo, probably even above Matty Ice).

He got mad when I said Luck was better than him though, but was hesitant when I asked the hypothetical:

If you put Luck on the 2012 Ravens do they still win 10 games? More or less?
If you put Flacco on the 2012 Colts do they still win 11 games? More or less?

Irregardless of that...

Until Flacco makes a Super Bowl he's another Danny White or Bernie Kosar.

Until he wins one he's another Donovan McNabb.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #46
NSMaster56
Living Legend
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 3,523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 10,044
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,172 Posts
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Dez's rankings pretty much nailed it (and his avatar is full of win too!)
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
i82much
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 290
Member Number: 11562
Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Really? The only thing I said that wasn't remotely "objective" was my last statement about dropping 50, which was an opinion, albeit one I do believe.

It is a fact his receivers were ridiculously wide open all day. Champ Bailey played by far his worst game in a decade+ long HOF career. It is a fact Flaccid missed several throws for easy TD's to Smith, but luckily his receivers made two lucky plays later in the game to make him look better.

It is a fact he underthrew Jones and simply re-watching the play should provide enough evidence of that. I have no idea what the Broncos defender was doing on the play but he made a weird jump and tripped over himself, all he had to do was keep running and easy pick or at least deflection. Jones burned the initial coverage and it should have been a TD, and it was, but Flaccid made it way harder than it needed to be. The defender who tripped should have never even had a chance to make a play on the ball, but he did and should have.

Flaccid played an average game where all he had to do was chuck the ball up in the air and his receivers had all the time they wanted to adjust and make the catch. He never hit anyone in stride, or in a tight window, or did anything that remotely resembled good QB play other than being able to throw the ball within 10 yards of his receiver. If the Broncos secondary was even just mediocre the Broncos win that game, but they were bellow abysmal.
Whatever makes you feel good. Enjoy the offseason.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #48
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,253
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,351
Thanked 11,698 Times in 4,776 Posts
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Hey, Ravens fans, you have more important things to worry about than coming on here and commenting on this thread. Like, how you hope Bill and Brady at least have the common courtesy to lube up before bending Harbaugh and Ray over this weekend.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #49
The_Joker
Living Legend
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 3,491
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 3,918
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Hey, Ravens fans, you have more important things to worry about than coming on here and commenting on this thread. Like, how you hope Bill and Brady at least have the common courtesy to lube up before bending Harbaugh and Ray over this weekend.
__________________
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #50
i82much
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 290
Member Number: 11562
Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Hey, Ravens fans, you have more important things to worry about than coming on here and commenting on this thread. Like, how you hope Bill and Brady at least have the common courtesy to lube up before bending Harbaugh and Ray over this weekend.
And you have better things to do than comment on a football forum when your season is already over <-- that right there is the "Ray Rice Edition Terrible Towel" BTW.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts