Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #51
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Now... for whom to root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Atlanta - not only becuase I live here but because the Falcons are the only team left without a coach or player I really dislike

I selfishly would like to go to a Super Bowl party where most of those in attendance have an active rooting interest and will pay attention to the game (Super Bowl parties in Atlanta when the Steelers have played involved trying to watch the game while people were talking about the commercials or halftime show and asking me what I thought about the commercials or halftime show) but would dread watching the Patriots or Ravens win over the Falcons
I hear ya Dan, and live in Metro Atl too, but the Falcons can't beat the Cheaters or Ratbirds. If the Dirty Birds get there, they'll lose badly, to the AFC opponent. The 49ers can beat either but the Cheaters will give them a game and could win it themselves.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #52
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,596 Times in 1,000 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Three of the four remaining teams earned their wins and therefore deserve to hoist Lombardi's trophy.

The fourth has two games and three weeks to prove that they deserve it.
How is any team that makes it to the conference championship game undeserving of the chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy? The four remaining teams have each overcome many obstacles and won many hard-fought games in both the regular season and the postseason to make it to their respective conference championship. No team makes it that far by being a bad team. To say or to even imply that any team that makes it that far doesn't deserve a chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy is, in my opinion, completely asinine.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #53
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,444 Times in 3,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
I hear ya Dan, and live in Metro Atl too, but the Falcons can't beat the Cheaters or Ratbirds. If the Dirty Birds get there, they'll lose badly, to the AFC opponent. The 49ers can beat either but the Cheaters will give them a game and could win it themselves.
Falcons could beat the Ravens but Brady would put up 50 points on Atlanta's defense
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #54
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

I'm not the world's biggest Ravens fan either(they beat Dallas in their TX Stadium finale in 2008, and then a gut-wrencher this year), but they are getting hot at just the right time. It's as if we've seen this movie a number of times before recently.

With no Gronk, the Pats may have a tough time next week.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #55
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,103 Times in 4,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCarr39 View Post
I'm not the world's biggest Ravens fan either(they beat Dallas in their TX Stadium finale in 2008, and then a gut-wrencher this year), but they are getting hot at just the right time. It's as if we've seen this movie a number of times before recently.

With no Gronk, the Pats may have a tough time next week.
Even if they put Cary Williams on Welker (good luck, Cary) then who's covering Lloyd, Hernandez and the 'Back out of the backfield? I'd love to see Ray Lewis try and cover Hernandez - that would be the funniest shit I'd see all week.

I'd also like to throw in the fact that the Texans front 7 is significantly better than the Ravens and they generated little-to-no pressure on Brady all game. That gives Brady time to pick apart and shred that secondary. I think this game has blowout written all over it.

Sorry, Ravens fans. Joey isn't going to beat Brady in his house.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #56
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
How is any team that makes it to the conference championship game undeserving of the chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy? The four remaining teams have each overcome many obstacles and won many hard-fought games in both the regular season and the postseason to make it to their respective conference championship. No team makes it that far by being a bad team. To say or to even imply that any team that makes it that far doesn't deserve a chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy is, in my opinion, completely asinine.
The Falcons backed into their win against the Hawks as they have many other times this year.

They just seem 'lucky' as opposed to 'good'.

The other three remaining teams smack other teams around and have looked better so far.

If the Falcons win it all it will speak for itself, but until then...
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #57
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
The Falcons backed into their win against the Hawks as they have many other times this year.

They just seem 'lucky' as opposed to 'good'.

The other three remaining teams smack other teams around and have looked better so far.

If the Falcons win it all it will speak for itself, but until then...
Yeah, the Falcons could/should have easily lost to Carolina(1st game), Oakland, Tampa(1st game), and Arizona. To be frank, their previous coordinators(Mike Mularky and Brian Van Gorden) were much better than their current ones, but somehow Derek Koetter and Mike Nolan get way too much accolades.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #58
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCarr39 View Post
Yeah, the Falcons could/should have easily lost to Carolina(1st game), Oakland, Tampa(1st game), and Arizona. To be frank, their previous coordinators(Mike Mularky and Brian Van Gorden) were much better than their current ones, but somehow Derek Koetter and Mike Nolan get way too much accolades.
Agreed.

Not trying to be harsh on ATL, they're a good young squad who would be a fitting champ, it would just be nice to see them take it to a team for a change (more first half like offense vs. the Hawks and less everything else).

Wasn't trying to insult the overall quality of their team, but of the four remaining teams with a season on the line I'd certainly want to play them the most.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #59
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,131 Times in 576 Posts

I think it's going to be Harbaugh vs Harbaugh and Ravens are going to win it all. This feels a lot like Bettis' last year, last year for the gipper type emotion for Ray Ray. Word is Ed Reed might be done as well, I think if the Ravens win it all, he will definably retire this time.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #60
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

I might take some heat for saying this - but of the teams remaining, I'm rooting for Baltimore. They're a divisional rival that I love to hate - but I also respect them in a weird sense - definitely moreso than I do the Patriots. I have nothing against the 49ers, but they could threaten the Steelers current #1 SB victory count by tying them with a win. And I despise thinking of Brady holding onto yet another ring...when we're not even certain if (morally speaking) 1 or more of them should be there in the first place.

So yeah...the Ravens it is, champion of the AFC North. Go Ravens! (until next season, that is)

EDIT: Wow - I almost forgot the Atlanta won that game - I'll definitely root for that team, as well!