Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #111
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,768 Times in 7,510 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: The Steelers play scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I don't want to take away from the debate you two are having, but I'll throw my one liner in here.

Prior to Ben's injury, the Steelers were rolling. The defense was starting to click and Ben was indeed playing like a legitimate MVP candidate. Then, we lost him to fucking Kansas City, but I digress.
Exactly.

I've been saying that for weeks... to no avail.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #112
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I agree. This team was putting it together, we got through some pretty big injuries, but couldn't overcome Ben going down. That and the running game suffering from injuries by the end of the season, and this offense went nowhere.
This.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #113
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Exactly.

I've been saying that for weeks... to no avail.
Oh I've seen it. People just lose their minds when we have a down season and start to question everything, including our franchise quarterback.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #114
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
The first drive he marched right down the field to the 1 but our shit OL mixed with a shit run game wasn't able to punch it in.
The way that they used Hines Ward on that opening drive, who was "supposed to be too injured to play", was brilliant. Ward had about three good routes in his knee... all of which he used on that opening drive. Then, afterwards, the safeties were actually rolling the coverage his way... since Ward had "burned" them on the first drive. In turn, at the end, Santonio was left "open" ("open" being less covered than he should have been)... and the rest of was history.

I could watch that final drive over & over.

Steve Young talked about how it was the "perfect" drive.

But, yea... uh... BB sucked in that game... uh... hmmm.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #115
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Oh I've seen it. People just lose their minds when we have a down season and start to question everything, including our franchise quarterback.
Exactly.

In fact, last week, I heard two Steelers fans arguing over orange versus lemon-lime Gatorade. One blamed the season on the orange flavor: too sweet. The other said that lemon-lime is too "90s." Strangely, this is not far from the truth.

Note: the answer is obviously cucumber-lime.
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #116
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Exactly.

In fact, last week, I heard two Steelers fans arguing over orange versus lemon-lime Gatorade. One blamed the season on the orange flavor: too sweet. The other said that lemon-lime is too "90s." Strangely, this is not far from the truth.

Note: the answer is obviously cucumber-lime.
I think I'm laughing at this harder than I should be.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #117
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I think I'm laughing at this harder than I should be.

Mission completed.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #118
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,041 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
Even if we accept everything you say as absolute truth. If a QB that you state is "elite", is not as good as QB's you say are not "elite" in the playoffs or when it matters most, then WTF are you talking about. If Manning is the greatest QB ever, but not as good as Ben under pressure....How good is Manning really? Rodgers is great. He had 96 yards passing in the first half yesterday, and 50 of them came on a jump ball that ended up bouncing into the hands of his receiver. He got most of his yards at garbage time in the game, and still only threw for 256 yards. Does he suck too? So much of this is subjective, I know, but come on.

Oh, and why don't you ask any Raven player to tell you candidly whether they would rather have Flacco or Ben as thier quarterback. You've heard Raven's players marvel at Ben in the past, and also know the record when Ben does or doesn't play. If you believe Flacco is as good as him, that's your opinion. I think if you asked most people in this league, they would overwhelmingly take Ben.
Big Ben has been (bleep) in the clutch for 3 years now. It started from the last drive in SB 45. So, lets say, had he won that game with a last min drive again, then yes, he would be elite because he would be a 3 time SB champ and more then likely would have won the SB MVP too. But he didnt. And he has been shitty for "elite" status.

As far as Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning, did you watch the games? Was is Aaron's fault their defense allowed almost 600 yards. Is it Manning's fault the Broncos defense cant cover a damn receiver with secs left to win the game? Was it Brady's fault for the helmet catch and Welker dropping a 1st down pass to end the game?

Now, last year, Ben was good. There were two games we lost that cost us last year and it wasn't Ben's fault. The Ravens game when they drove 92 yards to win. And the Denver playoff game where Ike Taylor made Dey Thomas look like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss merged together in their prime. BUT, he still doesnt think about his mortality. He needs to throw the damn ball away sometimes. Each year he keeps missing key games and coming back and playing badly. The other thing is, he keeps whining about something. He needs to shut up and just play. I am tired of hearing him whining about coaches and players. Just play the (bleep) game.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-14-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #119
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
I don't want to take away from the debate you two are having, but I'll throw my one liner in here.

Prior to Ben's injury, the Steelers were rolling. The defense was starting to click and Ben was indeed playing like a legitimate MVP candidate. Then, we lost him to fucking Kansas City, but I digress.
Then the debate starts all over again when you realize WHY Ben was lost to Kansas City.

Ben was lost once again because he went sandlot on 3rd and 4.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #120
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Then the debate starts all over again when you realize WHY Ben was lost to Kansas City.

Ben was lost once again because he went sandlot on 3rd and 4.
Ben going sandlot shouldn't be new to you. Stuff breaks down - look at the Patriots tonight. They had a 3rd-and-5 and Brady was bouncing around in the pocket and eventually threw a pass that was incomplete.

Whatever the play was, it broke down and Ben was trying to improvise. Sure, in a perfect world we would've had the correct playcall in and he wouldn't have had to scramble on such a manageable down, but shit happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
teegre (01-14-2013)