Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
Default Re: Steelers’ Fixes Far Away From “Just One Year”

We can have a good season next year, we just had bad luck and made some really stupid plays this year, this team doesnt lack talent it lacks discipline.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine

this is part of this team's mental problem IMO - we(I know) can't freakin worry about getting back to the playoffs, getting back to the AFC Champ game, getting back to the SB

We have to play every game as a 1 game season and truly respect every team. They should be effing pissed off at themselves and make sure 1 thing happens first: WIN THE DIVISION. GO 6-0. Next: NOBODY WINS AT HEINZ...NOBODY. Where's the heart at? Where's the Steelers pride? They are an officially written off team - now is the time to forget about everything and play with nothing to lose. Nothing matters but winning the next game.

WIN . . .WIN . . .WIN!

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
We can have a good season next year, we just had bad luck and made some really stupid plays this year, this team doesnt lack talent it lacks discipline.
to quote one of my favorite movies . . ."What's a matter, you got a ticker problem? Cause you've been training like a 9th rate punk that should be pumpin' gas in Jersey."

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,065 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Unlike you guys, I think Tomlin is the perfect coach for that job.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,275 Times in 4,124 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
this is part of this team's mental problem IMO - we(I know) can't freakin worry about getting back to the playoffs, getting back to the AFC Champ game, getting back to the SB

We have to play every game as a 1 game season and truly respect every team. They should be effing pissed off at themselves and make sure 1 thing happens first: WIN THE DIVISION. GO 6-0. Next: NOBODY WINS AT HEINZ...NOBODY. Where's the heart at? Where's the Steelers pride? They are an officially written off team - now is the time to forget about everything and play with nothing to lose. Nothing matters but winning the next game.

WIN . . .WIN . . .WIN!
very well said. I don't know what their preparation for each game is like, but when we had that Balt-Cleveland-Balt part of the schedule, this team came alive. That's how they need to play each game. Focus and play to win each game.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #16
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I would agree that we're more then 1 year away from the SB. Yes the Colts made a drastic improvement this year, but they were a team starting fresh, and they wouldn't hold up to the 4 teams that are left. The reason I think we're more then one year away is because our problems seem to be mental and our vets are going to continue to drop off or retire. After the 2009 season a lot of people thought we were starting a downward slide, but not me. Teams often struggle after winning or even going to the SB.

It's a bit different now though. We have no real leadership like we had then with Ward and Farrior. Age wasn't being talked about then, yet now we have guys that are nowhere near where they once were and we don't have anyone behind them in most cases. I wouldn't be totally surprised if they "right the ship" and make it to the SB, but there's just nothing we've seen in the last 2 years that makes me think they will without some great draft picks and serious coaching changes (I'm not talking about changing Tomlin, I'm talking about heart and discipline, and better in-game and personnel decisions).
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post

WIN . . .WIN . . .WIN!
I wish our players cared as much as we do. I completely agree, their's no pride or heart. Often times it seemed like we on the forum put more into Sunday's game then the players.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Ok, so Ben gets hurt and that cost us the playoffs (I think we can all agree on that) and we aren't a 1 year fix? What exactly are we fixing? I know we have holes, as every single team in the NFL does but again what exactly are we fixing? #1 ranked defense and a QB having an MVP caliber season. Now everyone wnats to fire Haley, Tomlin and "fix" the Steelers. There are MANY teams in this league that would love to as close to being "fixed" as the Steelers.

No team can hold NE below 20 points, when's their last SB victory? The 49'ers??? Kapernick is a rookie. Next year, the league figures him out! Plain and simple just like Cam Newton. The Ravens are the Ravens. Good not great, Lewis retires and so does Reed soon. They have an average offense and a below average defense now. The Falcons are good, with playmakers, and according to this article they are the closest thing in the Playoffs to the Steelers?? You know what, I'll take it! We will be fine next year. We have personnel holes that need filled but I see us playing much better on O because the players have another year in the system. We do have to figure out the RB situation, and we will, and I think Ben plays an entire year (that's probably the most hopeful thing I've said in this post) but the Steelers need to bring in another vet to back him up anyways. Or draft for the future. I just don't think we are broken. We are hurting b/c we aren't in the playoffs but we do not over react. We are not the Clowns and all these other teams that fire coaches or make big swooping changes on a whim. It's why I am a Steeler fan!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Mostly, I say this article was an ass blast, and I see no reason to think we won't be a major contender this coming year. If given our roster in good health, you have many players who have won multiple championships, and/or have been there pretty recently. Our defense would really have to tank in order for us to have a worse season, and they kept us in there well enough for most great teams. All we need is some offense/points, and something that doesn't look like a cluster fuck on special teams, and we should be a tough team.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #20
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 23,021 Times in 9,394 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Ok, so Ben gets hurt and that cost us the playoffs (I think we can all agree on that) and we aren't a 1 year fix? What exactly are we fixing? I know we have holes, as every single team in the NFL does but again what exactly are we fixing? #1 ranked defense and a QB having an MVP caliber season. Now everyone wnats to fire Haley, Tomlin and "fix" the Steelers. There are MANY teams in this league that would love to as close to being "fixed" as the Steelers.

No team can hold NE below 20 points, when's their last SB victory? The 49'ers??? Kapernick is a rookie. Next year, the league figures him out! Plain and simple just like Cam Newton. The Ravens are the Ravens. Good not great, Lewis retires and so does Reed soon. They have an average offense and a below average defense now. The Falcons are good, with playmakers, and according to this article they are the closest thing in the Playoffs to the Steelers?? You know what, I'll take it! We will be fine next year. We have personnel holes that need filled but I see us playing much better on O because the players have another year in the system. We do have to figure out the RB situation, and we will, and I think Ben plays an entire year (that's probably the most hopeful thing I've said in this post) but the Steelers need to bring in another vet to back him up anyways. Or draft for the future. I just don't think we are broken. We are hurting b/c we aren't in the playoffs but we do not over react. We are not the Clowns and all these other teams that fire coaches or make big swooping changes on a whim. It's why I am a Steeler fan!
I was thinking the same thing: a lot of teams will be coming back to the pack... and, even if the Steelers remained the same, they'd be a play-off team. Likewise, staying healthy would make them a serious contender. And, lastly, if they can fix their special teams, so that it does not give up tons of yardage, the Steelers would be a "favorite" to win it all.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote