Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #51
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,240 Times in 994 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: How many more years does Ben have left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I'd trade him for 3 #1 picks. Just as likely.
I wouldn't trade him yet he still has at least 3 very,very good years left in him
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #52
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Nobody worth having as a franchise QB will sit for 4 years.
They don't have to sit for 4 years. They can probably play 6 games a year, that's how often Ben really shouldn't be playing. We need a lot of work done on this team and we need to get started now before it causes us to go 3-13 or something like that. The steelers WON'T tank on purpose, I don't cheer for teams who do that. I'd hate to see steeler fans wearing paper bags over their heads, that would break my heart. Maybe we should make sure we take care of the running back position with our first pick this year, then patch the line up with the rest and perhaps grab free agent back up qb (which I doubt we would do" and just worry about a great sucessor in a year or 2 but we really need to start giving it some thought, it's clear Ben's career is entering its final stages, not saying he cant put up good numbers for a couple more years but I really think thats it. Bens always been a "different" kind of quarterback and I think unfortunately having a short career will be part of that.

but after seeing how our team came unglued after big ben went down this year, we clearly need to focus on offense, We all know defense is important but you need to score points to win. look at some of the great teams in the play offs, all these games the teams are putting up 30+ points, Pittsburgh hasn't done that in a long time in fact I think the losing effort to GB in the SB was the last time I saw them put up 30
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #53
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I'd say at least 5. I know he's taken a beating but QB's who are protected well are playing until they're 38-40 nowadays. Ben's still only 30. He's a tough SOB and Haley's offense and our improving OL play will keep him upright. I'd say he'll be effective until at least up through the 2017 season, if not longer. It's not time to be thinking about replacements yet.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #54
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

then we sure as shit need a good back up because ben gets hurt so much he is only healthy about 50% of the games he actually plays in, which is frickin sad. We all know he's rushed back from injuries these last two year and that's been a big reason for our demise. I don't think anybody here wants to have lefty and batch for our back ups, Batch and lefty arn't horrible but they are not good enough to fill in for Ben. Look at what the Texans did last year, they were legit contenders with a 3rd string qb,
Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #55
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,063 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Anyone want to pull a Rodgers and develop an evil minion behind Ben? Looking at you Kirk Cousins.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #56
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Wish we could make a poll on this one.

3 years
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #57
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Some teams just know how to do it then. I can think of two right of the top of my head that have had two great quarterbacks without a huge gap in between like us (Patriots, Bledsoe-Brady... Packers -Farve- Rogers, and I'm sure there are more examples I just can't think of them right now. My point is it's possible if we play our cards right we're the pittsburgh steelers for christs sake! quit WASTING our draft picks on linemen, get a play maker, a big name, I know it sounds simple and obvious but maybe now is actually the time for that because in MY opinion that is our biggest problem right now, we don't have one particular player that everyone is afraid of , we have made some bad decisions for the past 5 drafts and its really biting us in the ass.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #58
Plasiton
Water Boy

Member Number: 24735

Benjamin will play 8 more years,win 2 more superbowls lose 1 more superbowl. 6 more division titles.1 superbowl mvp, and 1 league mvp.
That is all.
Plasiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #59
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Anyone want to pull a Rodgers and develop an evil minion behind Ben? Looking at you Kirk Cousins.
that's not a bad pick, actually

but would Ben's ego allow it?

a young pocket passer back-up QB who could actually develop into a starter, I mean....we've never had one
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #60
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,452 Times in 3,111 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
a young pocket passer back-up QB who could actually develop into a starter, I mean....we've never had one
neil o'donnell, sat his rookie season out behind brister

as much as people bag on o'donnell, he was a good qb and that was a good 3rd round pick. if he stayed with the steelers we woulda had another ring imo. those int's in the super bowl were the receiver's fault
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote