Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #71
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Yeah because most everyone here isn't an idiot. We don't like the purple shades around here bub.
Yeah well ... what if I'm wearing them RIGHT NOW!!! With a Terrible Towel draped over my head, Little Ray style ...
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #72
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,395 Times in 726 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Yeah well ... what if I'm wearing them RIGHT NOW!!! With a Terrible Towel draped over my head, Little Ray style ...
23-20. That's what the towel does ;)
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #73
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Whatever makes you feel good. Enjoy the offseason.
Nice job addressing any of the points I made
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #74
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Really? The only thing I said that wasn't remotely "objective" was my last statement about dropping 50, which was an opinion, albeit one I do believe.

It is a fact his receivers were ridiculously wide open all day. Champ Bailey played by far his worst game in a decade+ long HOF career. It is a fact Flaccid missed several throws for easy TD's to Smith, but luckily his receivers made two lucky plays later in the game to make him look better.

It is a fact he underthrew Jones and simply re-watching the play should provide enough evidence of that. I have no idea what the Broncos defender was doing on the play but he made a weird jump and tripped over himself, all he had to do was keep running and easy pick or at least deflection. Jones burned the initial coverage and it should have been a TD, and it was, but Flaccid made it way harder than it needed to be. The defender who tripped should have never even had a chance to make a play on the ball, but he did and should have.

Flaccid played an average game where all he had to do was chuck the ball up in the air and his receivers had all the time they wanted to adjust and make the catch. He never hit anyone in stride, or in a tight window, or did anything that remotely resembled good QB play other than being able to throw the ball within 10 yards of his receiver. If the Broncos secondary was even just mediocre the Broncos win that game, but they were bellow abysmal.
He hit Smith in stride, twice. Missed once. Once is not several. Maybe you should rewatch the game?

The throw he made to Jones he was stepping up in the pocket and bombed it 60 yd through the air without setting his feet. If you are trying to argue arm strength or accuracy of the deep ball--you don't watch enough football, Flacco is one of the best in the league at the deep ball. His problem is pocket awareness and decision making. How many 30+ yd plays did the broncos hit that weren't 85% YAC? Oh yea none.

They were the number 2 defense all year, but when Flacco plays them they turn into the Buffalo Bills? I don't buy it. Flacco has a 120.0 QB rating in the post season so far, deal with it--the guy is good enough (not great) in the regular season, and very good in the playoffs.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #75
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Nice job addressing any of the points I made
Well, ok - sure. I thought you were pretty off-base about Flacco underthrowing his receivers. Sometimes those things are intentional, giving the receiver a chance to come back to the ball. Teams practice that, one example is called a "back shoulder" throw.

And to suggest that any above-average QB would have dropped 50 on Denver because their secondary is so bad strikes me as absolute lunacy. If Denver's secondary is so bad, why didn't four or five QB's drop 50 on them during the regular season?
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #76
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Let's talk about the real issue with Joe Flacco... his facial hair.

Why does he model his moustache after the gay biker from the Village People?

And is he going to let his unibrow grow back and does he shave or wax it?
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #77
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
He hit Smith in stride, twice. Missed once. Once is not several. Maybe you should rewatch the game?

The throw he made to Jones he was stepping up in the pocket and bombed it 60 yd through the air without setting his feet. If you are trying to argue arm strength or accuracy of the deep ball--you don't watch enough football, Flacco is one of the best in the league at the deep ball. His problem is pocket awareness and decision making. How many 30+ yd plays did the broncos hit that weren't 85% YAC? Oh yea none.

They were the number 2 defense all year, but when Flacco plays them they turn into the Buffalo Bills? I don't buy it. Flacco has a 120.0 QB rating in the post season so far, deal with it--the guy is good enough (not great) in the regular season, and very good in the playoffs.
I agree. His deep ball might be the best in the league. That throw he made to Jacoby was monstrous. He actually overthrew the coverage and got Jones to chase it down.

Also his first half throw to Smith down the middle was a thing of beauty as well.

When you can generate such explosive plays on the field, you've got a great shot at beating anybody.

(As an aside, you guys must've went absolutely nuts on that Jones catch...I know I would have.)
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #78
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

The dude does have a monster arm. That's really his saving grace.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #79
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Whatever makes you feel good. Enjoy the offseason.
Like you have every single offseason since 2000? and will again after Sunday? Note to Ratbird fans, your little franchise having a year or two where you happen to advance a bit further than us doesn't change a thing. You are still our little brothers and you will never catch us.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #80
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post

HIs pick should have cost the game. Let's face it, the bomb was prayer. It was a fluke that would happen about 1 out of 40 or 50 similar game situations. Not saying the Ravens aren't a good team...but that play was a close your eyes and hope fluke...period. If it doesn't happen, I have been on your board, you and 99% of Ravens fans would be calling for Tyrod taylor to start and six coaches to resign.

I followed the game thread in your forum against Denver. No exaggeration, there were at least 40 "game over" type comments before the start of the 4th quarter. People hate on and cuss out their own team and players in there like no where else. And the ref blaming is epic. What a crock...Denver had way more penalties than the ravens yet there were dozens and dozens of comments saying the refs were giving broncos the game. Its a joke. Take your flacco and your AFCC loss to the Pats on Sunday and go home.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote