Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #41
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

[YOUTUBE]fuTkxfmOHwE[/YOUTUBE]

I fully believe that Tomlin will take the Steelers from squashing grapes this past season to making wine next season! Bottoms up!
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #42
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I agree with Steelers Canada 100%. The 49ers added a LOT of pieces as Jim Harbaugh joined the team. I made the same point in another post. John Harbaugh inherited a top 5 defense and a good quarterback.

The Steelers have owned the Ravens in the playoffs... or does no one watch the games? Tomlin is 6-6 vs the Ravens in the regular season and 2-0 in the playoffs. (At least 3 of the regular season games were played without Ben).

Tomlin is 63-33 in the regular season and 5-3 in the playoffs (with a superbowl).

This is the coach people have a problem with? Because he is a "player's coach"? Ask the running backs how much of a "player's coach" Tomlin is.
Alex Smith was an average struggling QB on his way out of town when Harbaugh came in. You have to give Harbaugh credit for the work he did with Smith.

Harbaugh's decision to bench Smith for Kap may go down as one of the gutsiest moves by a coach in recent NFL history.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #43
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,265 Times in 620 Posts

Both harbaughs can go kick rocks.....

Im ticked off with Tomlin on some things but theres no way Id take either Harbaugh over him...

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #44
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Alex Smith was an average struggling QB on his way out of town when Harbaugh came in. You have to give Harbaugh credit for the work he did with Smith.

Harbaugh's decision to bench Smith for Kap may go down as one of the gutsiest moves by a coach in recent NFL history.
I don't see Alex Smith or Kaepernick being better than the other. They have run the offense about the same in terms of effectiveness.

It was a gutsy move mainly because Smith was 6-2-1 at the time, and completing over 70% of his passes.

I think Greg Roman deserves some credit for the 49ers QBs success he is the guy who calls the plays. And let's not forget the additions of Crabtree, A Davis, Iupati, and Manningham. I don't like the Harbaughs they are obnoxious but they have done good jobs as coaches.

Tomlin is still better.

I don't think I could take another Harbaugh bowl...

John: "Whatever happens I just want you to know I love you, Bro."

Jim: "I love you too, Bro."

John: "Bro, I love you more."

Jim: "No way, Bro."

Ad nauseam.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #45
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,686 Times in 4,770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post

Oh you mean implement a system where he throws the ball 7 yards down the field as his longest attempt so his numbers shot up? That system? Any quarterback can work in that system and have success because it's not an NFL system. It's a collegiate level system for struggling QBs and they still have it implemented because they don't have a legitimate QB on their roster. I'm sorry, have you seen Colin Kaepernick try to throw a deep ball? It's embarrassing.

People are comparing Kaepernick to Newton and that comparison is insulting and ridiculous. Kaep better compares to a more glorified Tebow with a slightly more accurate deep ball, but very similar throwing motion.

Bottom line, he implemented a system that suits his QBs talent level and I applaud him for that, but he's not the reason they're doing well. To suggest that he was the big piece that fit it all together is laughable. If Norv Turner was down in San Fran, they'd be competing for a title too. He's made questionable coaching decisions but because a) it's the 49ers and b) they have a decent record, he's being taken off the hook for it. Why is no one asking why they're losing to weaker teams and their offense is ridiculously inconsistent? Why is no one asking why they're such a bad team on the road and consistently struggle against top-end quarterbacks?
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #46
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Yeah I agree that A Smith basically went from an average qb on a bad team to an average qb on a good team. I don't think there is anything wrong with SF's "game manager" offense- it is simple, effective and scores points.... most of the time.

People probably wouldn't be "jealous" of J. Harbaugh after his Niners lost 26-3 to the NYG or 42-13 to SEA. Or how about when the Ravens got stomped by the Texans 43-13?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #47
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,371 Times in 10,294 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Yep, and the harbaughs teams are consistent and remain in the playoffs year after year. Tomlins lack of coaching skills and team building are starting to shine through now that cowher men are vanishing. Our team is getting worst. Harbaughs ravens are and have been the king of the afc North and until tomlins strives to improve his game and get the most out of his lazy players, things will remain the same. If you haven't noticed Tomlin lovers, we went from consistently being the king of the afc north to being third place. We are now the Bengals. Raven are now the Steelers and the Bengals are now the ravens. Way to stay on track Tomlin... You the man! You went to two superbowl under cowhers regime and Dick lebeau, now we are an embarrassment only thing we have left is our god of a D coordinator Dick lebeau. When he.go's, well be the browns. You the man Tomlin.... Talk is cheap, start winning or go be a speech writer for a politician.

To be honest... The harbuaghs would each have one superbowl appearance if is wasn't for a simple FLUKE special teams mistake. Harbuaghs will be in contention for Yeats to come. Onky decision I didn't like about the ravens is that they kept Cameron on for so long and handicapped ray rice so much. Now harbuagh has fixed that issue and are putting up more points.
Uh... what?

Douche Harbaugh: four seasons, zero SuperBowl appearances... yeah!!!

Last six AFC North champs: Steelers, Steelers, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Ravens.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda SuperBowl appearances: Steelers should have won it last year... and the year before that...

Tomlin's additions: Wallace, AB, Pouncey, DD, Adams, Gilbert, Mendy, Timmons, Woodley, Lewis, Allen, Heyward, Hood... that's a lot.

Again... uh... what?
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #48
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Uh... what?

Last six AFC North champs: Steelers, Steelers, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Ravens.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda SuperBowl appearances: Steelers should have won it last year... and the year before that...

Tomlin's additions: Wallace, AB, Pouncey, DD, Adams, Gilbert, Mendy, Timmons, Woodley, Lewis, Allen, Heyward, Hood... that's a lot.

Again... uh... what?
I'm not here to argue about Harbaugh or Tomlin being the better coach, but that list of Tomlin additions over 6 years is not real impressive.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #49
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Oh you mean implement a system where he throws the ball 7 yards down the field as his longest attempt so his numbers shot up? That system? Any quarterback can work in that system and have success because it's not an NFL system. It's a collegiate level system for struggling QBs and they still have it implemented because they don't have a legitimate QB on their roster. I'm sorry, have you seen Colin Kaepernick try to throw a deep ball? It's embarrassing.

People are comparing Kaepernick to Newton and that comparison is insulting and ridiculous. Kaep better compares to a more glorified Tebow with a slightly more accurate deep ball, but very similar throwing motion.

Bottom line, he implemented a system that suits his QBs talent level and I applaud him for that, but he's not the reason they're doing well. To suggest that he was the big piece that fit it all together is laughable. If Norv Turner was down in San Fran, they'd be competing for a title too. He's made questionable coaching decisions but because a) it's the 49ers and b) they have a decent record, he's being taken off the hook for it. Why is no one asking why they're losing to weaker teams and their offense is ridiculously inconsistent? Why is no one asking why they're such a bad team on the road and consistently struggle against top-end quarterbacks?
Sounds like haleys system???

Cam Newton will never make it to the big game.

When you make it to the NFC Championship game, nobody cares about your regular season struggles against weaker teams or top QB'S.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #50
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Uh... what?

Again... uh... what?
Uh what.. you're only backing up my argument son. As Cowhers players leave we are dropping in the ranks. And that all star crew of Tomlin players.... How many are legit? Pouncey and Brown.... The rest are unproven or lack discipline and are comfortable being 70% of what they could be. Let's see how many superbowl Tomlin gets to now that the team is mostly his now.... So far he off to an embarassing start... Take off your blinders, clean the snot out of your eyes and look at the truth man.

Jim benching a good quarterback to start a back up over him takes balls and it takes a move from a head coach that says what he means, and means what he says. Tomlin don't have what it takes to make great decisions. That's why year after year he fucks up routine in game decisions, and we see our younger, healthier 3rd year players riding the pine in place of some geriatric player who is well past their prime. The whole Aaron Smith handling was a joke 3 years of this guy's broken on the sidelines then we release a draft.pick to keep this guy part of the 53 man roster instead of IR him so we can actually use the spot for a player with a pulse. Big Bens injured ankle in San Fran shows how little control Tomlin has over the team. Tomlins a spineless coach with a lot of potential. He just needs to go with his gut and make HIS own decisions and catch up on situational football 101. I'm not saying to fire him, cause he is young and still learning a lot about the HC position. But what worries me about Tomlin is that I see the same mistakes over and over again, season after season. Lack of discipline on offense is the major flaw we have. I think we gave more games away under Tomlin than we have legitimately lost. Tomlin relies too much on his coordinators to run the ship, he also relies too much on Big Ben to win games. Tomlin must develop a disciplined o line and get back to being an effective run team again. Chumps who believe it's a passing league now are being fooled. Come playoff time it's all about running and defense. Tomlin puts the game in a player who misses 4 weeks out of the season, or is playing at 60% for 6 weeks out of the season. It doesn't take me 6 seasons to notice this, and it shouldn't take Tomlin 6 years either. This team needs to get back to its roots, it needs to get back to winning games, and not betting against Steelers when we are playing against 1-14 teams cause I know that I'll win the bet. You trying to honestly tell me that Tomlin is better than the Harbaughs when we consistently lose to the afc West? The team is on a downward spiral under Mike Tomlin and lack of discipline on offense, physicality on offense, lack of a running game, and TERRIBLE in game coaching decisions and situational football.

IF YOU LEARNED FROM YOUR MISTAKES TOMLIN, WE WOULD HAVE WON 3 MORE GAMES THIS SEASON, AND PROBABLY EVERY SEASON. GET THESE YOUNG MEN DISCIPLINED!

As far as your woulda coulda shoulda rant... Look who's back in the afccg, and the nfccg again. And look who didn't even make it to the playoffs this season. Any coach who STRUGGLES to win, and more often than not, CONSISTENTLY LOSES against the raiders, chiefs, and every other perennial two win team. Is NOT a good coach.... Just saying bro..... Tomlin coulda, shoulda, BUT wouldn'ta gotten our teams prepared to squash shit teams as mentioned, but prefers to fly back east with a notch in the L column... Tomlins a great coach..... Ha ha maybe in 15 years he be a legit GOOD-GREAT coach. as of now, he's just average with a good support group around him making him look better than he is.

Last edited by Millers the sh!t; 01-17-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Millers the sh!t is offline   Reply With Quote