Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #31
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,163 Times in 5,971 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Wallace isnt exactly a big/tall guy either.
Same height & weight as Hines Ward... but, smaller cheek-bones.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #32
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Give Wallace a break here!!! It's our own fault that we left him out in the dust that way. Of course he's not running into every tackle with a uncertain future. I rather give up a higher contract for Wallace then just be there with Brown after everythings said and done. Or do you honestly make the statement here that Antonio Brown is a better Receiver that Mike Wallce?!?!

Common man he's not. We should have re-signed him for a big long term contract before the season. I rather give up a higher contract for Wallace then just be there with Brown after everythings said and done.

Now I think It's almost necessary to get rid of Wallace because of the situation with Brown. I don't think they're a good #1 and #2 Wide Receiver duo together. I would have made the case to sign Brown as a Slot Receiver and rotating guy for Wallace as our #1 Receiver and a tall #2 we should draft this year. But with that type of money for Brown we can get rid of that idea. So I would say we get rid of Wallace. Make Brown our #1 get a tall #2 this year high in the draft (Round 1or 2) and leave Sanders in the Slot.
I'm not gonna give him a break, ever. not for the money he's asking for and not even 900 yards for the season? quite a statement he made there as a top tier receiver! You'd expect that kinda numbers if you have john skelton throwing passes to you, but not ben roethlisberger who's a top 5 qb. what a joke. i for one and going to be glad he's gone
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I'm not gonna give him a break, ever. not for the money he's asking for and not even 900 yards for the season? quite a statement he made there as a top tier receiver! You'd expect that kinda numbers if you have john skelton throwing passes to you, but not ben roethlisberger who's a top 5 qb. what a joke. i for one and going to be glad he's gone
What money is he asking for? Don't tell me Fitzgerald money because we all know those are rumors. As for him only having 900 yards, he had more yards and ttouchdownsthen Brown and hhe's making way less. Everyone wants to hang Wallace because he isn't signed like Brown but in reality they both sucked equally and the only difference is Brown is making much more money.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
What money is he asking for? Don't tell me Fitzgerald money because we all know those are rumors. As for him only having 900 yards, he had more yards and ttouchdownsthen Brown and hhe's making way less. Everyone wants to hang Wallace because he isn't signed like Brown but in reality they both sucked equally and the only difference is Brown is making much more money.
I disagree - there was 1 difference - attitude

and then, I won't get into the Brown injury

What's Wallace's excuse? He's making way less because he made a decision IMO - not because the Steelers didn't make an offer.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
What money is he asking for? Don't tell me Fitzgerald money because we all know those are rumors.
No, that was per the team's website, Wallace himself in interviews, and Wallace's agent.

Quote:
As for him only having 900 yards, he had more yards and ttouchdownsthen Brown and hhe's making way less.
Look how many times Wallace was targetted this season as opposed to Antonio....Brown isn't going to get yards if we are always trying to force the ball to our trojan horse #17.

Quote:
Everyone wants to hang Wallace because he isn't signed like Brown but in reality they both sucked equally and the only difference is Brown is making much more money.
Brown works hard and was expected to be a nobody (6th rounder). He earned his contract and had a down year. He did not hold out for a paychedck he did not earn.

One guy overachieved (Brown), while one guy underachieved (Wallace). Not coincidentally, the guy who underachieved, is the same one that was screaming for a bigger paycheck
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

I'd just like to move on from the whole Wallace thing and talk about either a new WR to contribute or what role Cotch could have

Agree to disagree.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

Quote:
he didn't deny the rumors, and he turned down an offer bigger than what they offered brown (99% likely), so it must be true.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,206 Times in 652 Posts

What gets me the most about Wallace is his lack of all-out effort.
I can't get the image of him just watching Brandon Carr from the Cowboys run down the sidelines after that interception in Dallas out of my mind.
We don't need more guys like that, at 8-8 we need to get rid of them.
Cotchery's got less natural talent but more heart, he can assume a bigger role in the offense if given the chance.
As for signing Brown, not rash but a steep price was paid.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
BlaZeQuietly (01-18-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Brown has the potential, he needs to grow up and stop the damm show-boating!
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #40
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
What gets me the most about Wallace is his lack of all-out effort.
I can't get the image of him just watching Brandon Carr from the Cowboys run down the sidelines after that interception in Dallas out of my mind.
We don't need more guys like that, at 8-8 we need to get rid of them.
Cotchery's got less natural talent but more heart, he can assume a bigger role in the offense if given the chance.
As for signing Brown, not rash but a steep price was paid.
The Steelers win Super Bowls on heart and determination - not on pure speed(talent) alone - you can laugh at that idea as much as you want and call it silly - but, guys like Wallace come and go - I don't care about his world class speed - his attitude trumped it. I want a guy like Cotch who is going to put his body to the fire to catch that ball and WANTS to get more chances regardless of what that role might entail. You get paid six figures to millions of dollars - how about something from you on your end huh? No one guy, not even Ben, is bigger than the legacy built through the past 40+ years.

Guys like Stallworth, Lambert, Bradshaw, Franco, Rocky had to have 2nd jobs and even go off to war for god's sake - you think 1 guy can just simply get by on 10 mil and shut the hell up and play his heart out?

You play a game - either give it your all or get the hell out of here. Its as simple as that.

Agree to disagree.