Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #31
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,831
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,417
Thanked 14,163 Times in 5,971 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Wallace isnt exactly a big/tall guy either.
Same height & weight as Hines Ward... but, smaller cheek-bones.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #32
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,246
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,281
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Give Wallace a break here!!! It's our own fault that we left him out in the dust that way. Of course he's not running into every tackle with a uncertain future. I rather give up a higher contract for Wallace then just be there with Brown after everythings said and done. Or do you honestly make the statement here that Antonio Brown is a better Receiver that Mike Wallce?!?!

Common man he's not. We should have re-signed him for a big long term contract before the season. I rather give up a higher contract for Wallace then just be there with Brown after everythings said and done.

Now I think It's almost necessary to get rid of Wallace because of the situation with Brown. I don't think they're a good #1 and #2 Wide Receiver duo together. I would have made the case to sign Brown as a Slot Receiver and rotating guy for Wallace as our #1 Receiver and a tall #2 we should draft this year. But with that type of money for Brown we can get rid of that idea. So I would say we get rid of Wallace. Make Brown our #1 get a tall #2 this year high in the draft (Round 1or 2) and leave Sanders in the Slot.
I'm not gonna give him a break, ever. not for the money he's asking for and not even 900 yards for the season? quite a statement he made there as a top tier receiver! You'd expect that kinda numbers if you have john skelton throwing passes to you, but not ben roethlisberger who's a top 5 qb. what a joke. i for one and going to be glad he's gone
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,256
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 82
Thanked 402 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I'm not gonna give him a break, ever. not for the money he's asking for and not even 900 yards for the season? quite a statement he made there as a top tier receiver! You'd expect that kinda numbers if you have john skelton throwing passes to you, but not ben roethlisberger who's a top 5 qb. what a joke. i for one and going to be glad he's gone
What money is he asking for? Don't tell me Fitzgerald money because we all know those are rumors. As for him only having 900 yards, he had more yards and ttouchdownsthen Brown and hhe's making way less. Everyone wants to hang Wallace because he isn't signed like Brown but in reality they both sucked equally and the only difference is Brown is making much more money.
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pete74 For This Useful Post:
steeltheone (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,754
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 2,779
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
What money is he asking for? Don't tell me Fitzgerald money because we all know those are rumors. As for him only having 900 yards, he had more yards and ttouchdownsthen Brown and hhe's making way less. Everyone wants to hang Wallace because he isn't signed like Brown but in reality they both sucked equally and the only difference is Brown is making much more money.
I disagree - there was 1 difference - attitude

and then, I won't get into the Brown injury

What's Wallace's excuse? He's making way less because he made a decision IMO - not because the Steelers didn't make an offer.
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,698
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 570 Times in 301 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
What money is he asking for? Don't tell me Fitzgerald money because we all know those are rumors.
No, that was per the team's website, Wallace himself in interviews, and Wallace's agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
As for him only having 900 yards, he had more yards and ttouchdownsthen Brown and hhe's making way less.
Look how many times Wallace was targetted this season as opposed to Antonio....Brown isn't going to get yards if we are always trying to force the ball to our trojan horse #17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Everyone wants to hang Wallace because he isn't signed like Brown but in reality they both sucked equally and the only difference is Brown is making much more money.
Brown works hard and was expected to be a nobody (6th rounder). He earned his contract and had a down year. He did not hold out for a paychedck he did not earn.

One guy overachieved (Brown), while one guy underachieved (Wallace). Not coincidentally, the guy who underachieved, is the same one that was screaming for a bigger paycheck
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,754
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 2,779
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

I'd just like to move on from the whole Wallace thing and talk about either a new WR to contribute or what role Cotch could have
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,246
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,281
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
What money is he asking for? Don't tell me Fitzgerald money because we all know those are rumors. As for him only having 900 yards, he had more yards and ttouchdownsthen Brown and hhe's making way less. Everyone wants to hang Wallace because he isn't signed like Brown but in reality they both sucked equally and the only difference is Brown is making much more money.
he didn't deny the rumors, and he turned down an offer bigger than what they offered brown (99% likely), so it must be true.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
FrancoLambert
Head Coach
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 1,737
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 1,258
Thanked 1,206 Times in 652 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

What gets me the most about Wallace is his lack of all-out effort.
I can't get the image of him just watching Brandon Carr from the Cowboys run down the sidelines after that interception in Dallas out of my mind.
We don't need more guys like that, at 8-8 we need to get rid of them.
Cotchery's got less natural talent but more heart, he can assume a bigger role in the offense if given the chance.
As for signing Brown, not rash but a steep price was paid.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
BlaZeQuietly (01-18-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
Steel95
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Member Number: 20292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Brown has the potential, he needs to grow up and stop the damm show-boating!
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #40
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,754
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 2,779
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
What gets me the most about Wallace is his lack of all-out effort.
I can't get the image of him just watching Brandon Carr from the Cowboys run down the sidelines after that interception in Dallas out of my mind.
We don't need more guys like that, at 8-8 we need to get rid of them.
Cotchery's got less natural talent but more heart, he can assume a bigger role in the offense if given the chance.
As for signing Brown, not rash but a steep price was paid.
The Steelers win Super Bowls on heart and determination - not on pure speed(talent) alone - you can laugh at that idea as much as you want and call it silly - but, guys like Wallace come and go - I don't care about his world class speed - his attitude trumped it. I want a guy like Cotch who is going to put his body to the fire to catch that ball and WANTS to get more chances regardless of what that role might entail. You get paid six figures to millions of dollars - how about something from you on your end huh? No one guy, not even Ben, is bigger than the legacy built through the past 40+ years.

Guys like Stallworth, Lambert, Bradshaw, Franco, Rocky had to have 2nd jobs and even go off to war for god's sake - you think 1 guy can just simply get by on 10 mil and shut the hell up and play his heart out?

You play a game - either give it your all or get the hell out of here. Its as simple as that.
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts