Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #21
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256
Default Re: Can someone tell me how we ended up in this cap hell situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
2011: 8 games, 9 sacks, 36 tackles.

That ***** should work through his hamstring injury and produce better results! Make him play injured! But, don't knock Troy and his inability to produce and often times was a liability on defense when he was out there. Or, don't knock Keisel or Harrison for their high cap hits and again, producing next to nothing.
im all for cutting troy and harrisons lame asses also. difference is that woodley is soft and decided that once he got the big payday he would play whenever he felt like it.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #22
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,385 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
yet....it amazes me how much i'm STILL seeing "restructure" being thrown about on this board.

As for the big contracts - look at all that elite Brinks money we threw around - much of it coming at nearly the same time.
Ben - Troy - Harrison - Woodley - Timmons - Just those contracts alone are cringe-inducing when you think about it.
I still don't know how teams like the Patriots keep coming in way under the cap and have all this wiggle room to do anything they damn well feel like doing. We're not even in the same league as putting teams/players/money together like they do.
the names on the back of most of those jerseys haven't won 2 SBs and on the verge of possibly winning a 3rd - even though it just ended up being an appearance
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #23
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Because everyone on the board thinks WE have the brightest FO, GM, CM in the league that never has or never will do wrong and its not looking quite true in these past few Years.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #24
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

I know Harrison is a big cap hit, but he was also one of the best on defense. He started playing like an animal more and more every week. I'd keep him for another year if he's healthy 2 mote years. Woodley a chump.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,385 Posts
My Mood: Fine

agree on Woodley - when you're getting outperformed by a guy who is that long in the tooth and is considering to be underperforming because of an injury - you're not doing enough
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #26
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
im all for cutting troy and harrisons lame asses also. difference is that woodley is soft and decided that once he got the big payday he would play whenever he felt like it.
LB LaMarr Woodley signs 6-year deal

August 2011

So, when Woodley had already signed his contract extension, he was putting up record numbers. But, no, he decided when he was going to play. Do you see why this makes absolutely no sense? You're trying to pin him being 'soft' and lazy, but he was actually playing better than he was after he got his extension.

The amount of scapegoating that takes place on these forums is unreal.

He put on weight and got out of shape when he hurt his hamstring - no one is arguing that. He needs to get his ass back into shape and I'm very confident he's going to do so. That being said, to call him lazy and soft is the definition of ignorant.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #27
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,695 Times in 10,414 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
I know Harrison is a big cap hit, but he was also one of the best on defense. He started playing like an animal more and more every week. I'd keep him for another year if he's healthy 2 mote years. Woodley a chump.
You do realize that in back-to-back posts, you state that people on this site are dumb for wanting the GM to have signed Harrison to a long-term deal (which is putting them in "cap hell")... and then turn right around and say to keep Harrison "because he is one of the best on defense."

Which is it?

Regardless, Harrison being GREAT is exactly why he was given a long-term deal. That is exactly why Troy was given a big deal. That is exactly why BB was given a huge deal.

It isn't like the GM is signing Will I am GAY to monster deals. It isn't like the GM is re-signing Justin Hartwig. It isn't liek they are throwing money at LaMarr Woodley... oh.

Really though, if the GM had cut Troy in his prime (in order to save money), Steelers fans would have KILLED him!!!

Yes, the contracts were pushed back... and now... some of those "used to be great" players will be cut. It was Ward & Farrior last year... and more WILL be cut this year.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Quote:
LB LaMarr Woodley signs 6-year deal

August 2011

So, when Woodley had already signed his contract extension, he was putting up record numbers. But, no, he decided when he was going to play. Do you see why this makes absolutely no sense? You're trying to pin him being 'soft' and lazy, but he was actually playing better than he was after he got his extension.

The amount of scapegoating that takes place on these forums is unreal.

He put on weight and got out of shape when he hurt his hamstring - no one is arguing that. He needs to get his ass back into shape and I'm very confident he's going to do so. That being said, to call him lazy and soft is the definition of ignorant.
woodley played hard thru his rookie contract and was rewarded highly although upset that he didnt getted rreworked during his third year due the the F'ed up cba crap. he comes out hard to live up to the new money deal, plays well, gets hurt. doesnt really work hard to comeback the rest of the year, probably thinking 'they owe me for year #3 when i should have been getting more" takes the rest of the year off. lives large during the off season. steelers come knocking for a restructure. woodley says 'hell ya, gimme more up front money that i dont have to work for'. knowing the steelers cant do a damn thing aboput his contract for a few years, decides to take off the whole year.
now here we are with some 'real' fans wanting to restructure woodley again this year. lamar is sitting at home waiting and hoping for the call to see if he can 'help the team' and coast another couple years. tallk about the definition of ignorant.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #29
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
woodley played hard thru his rookie contract and was rewarded highly although upset that he didnt getted rreworked during his third year due the the F'ed up cba crap. he comes out hard to live up to the new money deal, plays well, gets hurt. doesnt really work hard to comeback the rest of the year, probably thinking 'they owe me for year #3 when i should have been getting more" takes the rest of the year off. lives large during the off season. steelers come knocking for a restructure. woodley says 'hell ya, gimme more up front money that i dont have to work for'. knowing the steelers cant do a damn thing aboput his contract for a few years, decides to take off the whole year.
now here we are with some real' fans wanting to restructure woodley again this year. lamar is sitting at home waiting and hoping for the call to see if he can 'help the team' and coast another couple years. tallk about the definition of ignorant.
So, once again, you've failed to provide any facts and are giving assumptions based on exactly ... oh, they're based on conversations you think happened. Ok, gotcha. So, the weight they carry is about the same weight that leprechaun's and unicorn's carry.

The bottom line is, when Woodley was playing healthy, he was living up to the contract we gave him. It doesn't matter what you think the conversation was or what you think the thought process was for Woodley because frankly, how could you possibly know what Woodley was thinking? Man, you have some sweet inside sources. First, it was knowing what Wallace and his agent discussed. Now, it's what Woodley is thinking. Man, you should use these super powers you have to fight crime.

I'm ignorant for dealing in facts and statistics? Gotcha.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #30
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Quote:
So, once again, you've failed to provide any facts and are giving assumptions based on exactly ... oh, they're based on conversations you think happened. Ok, gotcha. So, the weight they carry is about the same weight that leprechaun's and unicorn's carry.

The bottom line is, when Woodley was playing healthy, he was living up to the contract we gave him. It doesn't matter what you think the conversation was or what you think the thought process was for Woodley because frankly, how could you possibly know what Woodley was thinking? Man, you have some sweet inside sources. First, it was knowing what Wallace and his agent discussed. Now, it's what Woodley is thinking. Man, you should use these super powers you have to fight crime.

I'm ignorant for dealing in facts and statistics? Gotcha.
how much weight did woodley put on?