Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Please Get rid of Haley heres why.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasiton View Post
Hey I have a great idea.Lets run up the middle again.Was this the most non exsplosive steelers offense ever?Todd Haley couldn't keep his head coaching job because of his inaffective offensive game plan.Why would he get to keep his OFF CO job because of it?The steelers don't have a Bettis like back anymore.I mean there were games this year that I literally could call every play the whole game.If I can do that don't you think other teams D Co's can't?Oh wait, they did.In EVERY game this year.I mean PLAIN JANE game plans Haley.Your horrible.I know 12 year olds that call a better game on Maddon than you do.I know the excuse for getting rid of Ariens was that Big Ben got hit too much.Well guess what.We gave up more sacks than last year.Ben had one of the worst injuries he's ever had this year.Statisically our offense was down in almost ever catagory this year.Player by player, all individual statistics were down.Our rushing game has gone from ground and pound, with nice outside speed to OMG predictable.I mean what exactly did Haley bring to the team that gets him anouther year of work with this orginazation?

Also.Tomlin.I like you a lot.But, we have missed the playoffs 2 of the past 4 seasons.You need to get it together.This is simply inexcusable from the greatest football orginazation in the world.we aren't the cowboys or dolphins for gods sakes.
Watching my Steelers this year was embarassing.
One more thing.Can you guys please get a new conditioning coach.I am tired of watching our players go down every game.Its almost epidemic now.Every year we lose half our team to injuries.That say to me someone isn't doing their job.
But then I think a lot of heads for the steelers should be on the chopping block. I have been a fan for 40 years.Since the day I was born, no other team has gotten my time, money, or cheers except the Steelers.This was one of the worst Black and Gold teams I have ever seen.The fact we have more talent than most teams in the League, and we just stunk it up all year.Makes me physically ill.
Please fire Haley.Don't waste anouther year on a man that doesn't know how to use the personel he has on the field.
One more thing.To all the offensive and defensive players ST's too.PICK IT UP GUYS.
You looked horrible out there this year.Too many drops, fumbles, missed tackles, and big plays given up in ALL phases this year.Simply embarassing guys.
I am an ashamed Steelers fan.This is NOT STEELERS FOOTBALL!
That is all for now.
Bruce Arians why are you still mad? Didn't you just get the Arizona job? Oh wait that's why you're mad!!!!
Buddha Bus (01-19-2013), Fire Arians (01-18-2013), lloydwoodson (01-19-2013), Plasiton (01-20-2013), teegre (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #22
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,026 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Getting rid of Haley after just 1 season would be the ultimate knee jerk reaction and
not the way the Steelers usually conduct business (character issues aside).
He DESERVES more time.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #23
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stb_steeler For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #24
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

The season ended up certainly not the way we had envisioned it, but it sure wasn't the worse season I ever witnessed as a Steeler fan. Try sitting through a 1-13 record that we had in 1969.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torpedoshell31 For This Useful Post:
fer522 (01-18-2013), Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
Plasiton
Water Boy

Member Number: 24735
Default Re: Well now that I have some material to work with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Honestly, I think this one is on Tomlin.

No, it wasn't. Ben was being mentioned in MVP conversations and our offense was on pace to break franchise records.

Haley cannot make the receivers catch the ball. Brown had an off-year, and Wallace just plain stinks as anything other than a post runner. But either way, prior to the Ben injury, this offesne was rolling. It only neeeded to work on its red zone success rate some.

Actually, since the offense was 2nd in ToP, the offense was doing EVERYTHING it should to keep the defense fresh and to help them out. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

And you are still wrong. 40 sacks is still more than 30.

The only one area where I think we can honestly blame Haley-- is that his offensive scheme this year was built entirely around Big ben's skillset. He had no contingency plan for if Ben got hurt.

Leftwich and Batch are two completely different types of QBs from Ben. When he got hurt, they were not ready to have the backup QB come in and take over. We need to draft or find some backup QBs that are more similar to Ben's skuillset, so we can expect them to maintain the gameplan if they have to fill in, instead of having to throw out the whole playbook as a result.
well lets see.

We shall compare Bens 2010 season.Because its the closest to match with this season, because he also only played 12 games.Because of the suspension.Remember he was hurt at the end of that season too.Like every season it seams like haha.they also made it to the superbowl and like last year had one of the hardest scheduals in the league.They had one of the easiest scheduals this year.I also added in 2011 season just for comparison.

2010 att/comp: 389/240 yards:3200 per:61.7 Yds/Att: 8.23 TD's:17+2 rush tds int:5
2011 15 GP :513/324 :4077 :63.2 :7.09 :21 +0 :11
2012 :449/289 :3265 :63.3 :7.30 :26 + 0 :8
Yds per game: 2010: 266 2011: 271.8 2012: 272
team sacks given up. 2011 42 2012 37.
Rushing stats: 2010: 1924 2011: 1903 2012: 1537

If I see any trend here it is that the only reason Ben had a little higher average is because Haley's horrible dink and dunk offense kept leaving us falling behind, and having to play catchup.For a guy that was supposed to protect Ben.And be a running backs coach.The running game was the worst its been in years.Run up the middle every other down with a different RB everytime for 2 yards.Then a 5 sack difference is not protecting Ben.Plus he got crushed and his life in danger with the broken rib and dislocated shoulder.Does NOT sound like his gameplan worked, or he was better than Arians.I will wait and see cause I dont own the team.Arians is a head coach now.Haley lost that gig and just put up a blown season for us.Thanks a lot.And guess what.I am angry.Very.We just put in our 3rd non playoff year in the past 6.That really pisses me off.I look at the big picture.Bens Stats were looking better because the rest of the offense is falling apart.
Haley also proved he cant call a game in clutch moments.We lost almost every loss at the end of games, the offense not getting it done.Close but no cigar.We had 4 trys to guarantee a playoff spot.The D gettin it done.The offense blowing it.I blame Tomlin, Haley, and the players.But mostly the turd Haley.LOL.
Plasiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #26
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Rooney is the guy who wants 1975 football back in Pittsburgh. If he really wants to build his team around Jonathan Dwyer, may as well trade Ben while he still has trade value.

It would suck but I don't see us winning another ring trying to emulate the 1970's Steelers in a passing league.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog78 For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #27
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Rooney is the guy who wants 1975 football back in Pittsburgh. If he really wants to build his team around Jonathan Dwyer, may as well trade Ben while he still has trade value.

It would suck but I don't see us winning another ring trying to emulate the 1970's Steelers in a passing league.
Makes you wonder what Artie is thinking watching these playoffs....

"Doesn't matter what those other teams do because the Steeler way is the right way!"

Keep pounding your head into a wall Artie...
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #28
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128
Default Re: Well now that I have some material to work with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasiton View Post
well lets see.

We shall compare Bens 2010 season.Because its the closest to match with this season, because he also only played 12 games.Because of the suspension.Remember he was hurt at the end of that season too.Like every season it seams like haha.they also made it to the superbowl and like last year had one of the hardest scheduals in the league.They had one of the easiest scheduals this year.I also added in 2011 season just for comparison.

2010 att/comp: 389/240 yards:3200 per:61.7 Yds/Att: 8.23 TD's:17+2 rush tds int:5
2011 15 GP :513/324 :4077 :63.2 :7.09 :21 +0 :11
2012 :449/289 :3265 :63.3 :7.30 :26 + 0 :8
Yds per game: 2010: 266 2011: 271.8 2012: 272
team sacks given up. 2011 42 2012 37.
Rushing stats: 2010: 1924 2011: 1903 2012: 1537

If I see any trend here it is that the only reason Ben had a little higher average is because Haley's horrible dink and dunk offense kept leaving us falling behind, and having to play catchup.For a guy that was supposed to protect Ben.And be a running backs coach.The running game was the worst its been in years.Run up the middle every other down with a different RB everytime for 2 yards.Then a 5 sack difference is not protecting Ben.Plus he got crushed and his life in danger with the broken rib and dislocated shoulder.Does NOT sound like his gameplan worked, or he was better than Arians.I will wait and see cause I dont own the team.Arians is a head coach now.Haley lost that gig and just put up a blown season for us.Thanks a lot.And guess what.I am angry.Very.We just put in our 3rd non playoff year in the past 6.That really pisses me off.I look at the big picture.Bens Stats were looking better because the rest of the offense is falling apart.
Haley also proved he cant call a game in clutch moments.We lost almost every loss at the end of games, the offense not getting it done.Close but no cigar.We had 4 trys to guarantee a playoff spot.The D gettin it done.The offense blowing it.I blame Tomlin, Haley, and the players.But mostly the turd Haley.LOL.
Hey bro!! You are completely wasting your time here. You are 100 percent correct on all you are saying. But we are dealing with fans who don't have a clue. haley was a mistake period. to give the guy another season is like just giving up on next season. So in a nutshell; you are bang on with Haley. I have no faith in this offence with him there next year.
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to defence For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #29
Plasiton
Water Boy

At least one person gets me.hahahah
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #30
Plasiton
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Getting rid of Haley after just 1 season would be the ultimate knee jerk reaction and
not the way the Steelers usually conduct business (character issues aside).
He DESERVES more time.
In the words of Clint. "Deserves got nothin to do with it"