Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #81
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Let's talk about the real issue with Joe Flacco... his facial hair.

Why does he model his moustache after the gay biker from the Village People?

And is he going to let his unibrow grow back and does he shave or wax it?
Pittsburgh Dad, "His eyebrow got credit for a third down conversion."
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #82
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,242 Times in 662 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Like you have every single offseason since 2000? and will again after Sunday? Note to Ratbird fans, your little franchise having a year or two where you happen to advance a bit further than us doesn't change a thing. You are still our little brothers and you will never catch us.
Amen. They will never, ever, ever catch up to us in SB rings.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #83
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Like you have every single offseason since 2000? and will again after Sunday? Note to Ratbird fans, your little franchise having a year or two where you happen to advance a bit further than us doesn't change a thing. You are still our little brothers and you will never catch us.
Hey - the thread kind of took a nicer turn between Ravens & Steelers fans, I'd like to keep that going. So instead of shooting back - I'll agree, you guys have a great history and it would be very, very tough to catch you in Super Bowl Rings.

I would say this - Baltimore has 2 pre-Superbowl Championships from the Unitas-led colts and two Super Bowls as well. I know as a city we are very proud of all those teams. I cannot say either the Colts or Ravens organizations exceed the Steelers accomplishments, but I can say that Baltimore has a very proud football history.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #84
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Hey - the thread kind of took a nicer turn between Ravens & Steelers fans, I'd like to keep that going. So instead of shooting back - I'll agree, you guys have a great history and it would be very, very tough to catch you in Super Bowl Rings.

I would say this - Baltimore has 2 pre-Superbowl Championships from the Unitas-led colts and two Super Bowls as well. I know as a city we are very proud of all those teams. I cannot say either the Colts or Ravens organizations exceed the Steelers accomplishments, but I can say that Baltimore has a very proud football history.
Honestly, I could root for the Ravens to win this thing if it wasn't for their fans. It wouldn't bother me to see Ray and Ed go out with a ring. But the Ravens fans drive me nuts with ref conspiracies and throwing their team under the bus on every bad play.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #85
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Honestly, I could root for the Ravens to win this thing if it wasn't for their fans. It wouldn't bother me to see Ray and Ed go out with a ring. But the Ravens fans drive me nuts with ref conspiracies and throwing their team under the bus on every bad play.
Well, I've learned to be careful about that. I could make a bunch of generalizations about Steelers fans based on what I see on the internet, what I see out in public from people I don't know, etc. It wouldn't be very accurate, though. The people I have actually met and gotten to know that are Steelers fans are pretty good people - they just have terrible taste in football teams

I try to be careful how much I get carried away with stuff I read on forums. It's an awfully slanted population sample, and if you do post as a fan of another team the immediate inclination is to think you are trying to be a complete d*ck. So I don't know what specific experiences you've had with Ravens fans, and I certainly don't want to do anything to lessen the rivalry, but the truth is Ravens fans are about the same anybody else, really.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #86
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

QBs will always be under scrutiny until they win the Super Bowl. The same with the other leagues as well - Lebron was under scrutiny until the Heat won the NBA Title last year.

Look at Brett Favre - he continued to get a pass throughout his career b/c he won the Super Bowl early in his career.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #87
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Quote:
Well, I've learned to be careful about that. I could make a bunch of generalizations about Steelers fans based on what I see on the internet, what I see out in public from people I don't know, etc. It wouldn't be very accurate, though. The people I have actually met and gotten to know that are Steelers fans are pretty good people - they just have terrible taste in football teams

I try to be careful how much I get carried away with stuff I read on forums. It's an awfully slanted population sample, and if you do post as a fan of another team the immediate inclination is to think you are trying to be a complete d*ck. So I don't know what specific experiences you've had with Ravens fans, and I certainly don't want to do anything to lessen the rivalry, but the truth is Ravens fans are about the same anybody else, really.
I am a member of the official Ravens board. I followed the whole game thread during the Broncos game. I cant tell you how many times different people said, "game over." I'm talking long before the 4th quarter. Also, they bash their own players a lot....stupid comments about how horrible Kruger is or Jacoby drops one ball so he sucks and on and on and on.

Also, there is constant ref blaming. I made one post during the whole game. It was after about six complaints of refs I simply posted that at that point in the game it was Broncos 9 penalties for 69 yards, Ravens 3 penalties for 30 yards. But this ref blaming is never ending. One of the moderators in there actually argued with me that it's not how many penalties but it is when and where they are called. As if refs are saying, "this is a key moment, we have to stop the Ravens or help the Broncos." Many Ravens fans are firmly convinced that there is at least a sub conscious bias for the Steelers. They have made this argument to me over and over during the past few years that I have worked in Ravens country.

I live in the York, PA area. I see Steeler gear all the time. Even now I see Steeler gear. I wore my Steeler gear to the store the day we got knocked out of contention. I saw fellow Steeler fans everywhere. We all said, "we will get em next year." When Ravens lose, there is no purple to be seen, When they win, it's everywhere. Freaking fair weather fans.

Finally, there is the obsession with people who are Steeler fans that the Ravens fans think are from the Baltimore area. They just loathe any Steeler fan that they think (usually wrongly) doesn't have a legit connection to the Burg. I was born in Pittsburgh but live in SC PA now and spend a lot of time in Maryland. I go to the games in Baltimore and the whole time people scream at me, "Go back to Towson." I didn't even know what the heck they were talking about when I first started going. I can honestly say I have been treated far worse in Baltimore than when I have attended games in Cleveland and Cincy. I was at the game in 09 when we lost in Cleveland. Wasn't treated near as nasty as when I go to Baltimore....truly, not even close.

Sure, there are bad fans everywhere but here is why I think the things above happen and that Ravens fans are worse at these two things than many other teams. 1) They have come so close and lost with good teams many times the last few years. They are looking for someone to blame for this....namely, the refs. (Or temporarily hate your own good team who gave you the hope) 2) They hate the success of the Steelers and for the most part ,have no respect for Steeler fans. Especially, the new or uniformed Ravens fans.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #88
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
I am a member of the official Ravens board. I followed the whole game thread during the Broncos game. I cant tell you how many times different people said, "game over." I'm talking long before the 4th quarter. Also, they bash their own players a lot....stupid comments about how horrible Kruger is or Jacoby drops one ball so he sucks and on and on and on.

Also, there is constant ref blaming. I made one post during the whole game. It was after about six complaints of refs I simply posted that at that point in the game it was Broncos 9 penalties for 69 yards, Ravens 3 penalties for 30 yards. But this ref blaming is never ending. One of the moderators in there actually argued with me that it's not how many penalties but it is when and where they are called. As if refs are saying, "this is a key moment, we have to stop the Ravens or help the Broncos." Many Ravens fans are firmly convinced that there is at least a sub conscious bias for the Steelers. They have made this argument to me over and over during the past few years that I have worked in Ravens country.

I live in the York, PA area. I see Steeler gear all the time. Even now I see Steeler gear. I wore my Steeler gear to the store the day we got knocked out of contention. I saw fellow Steeler fans everywhere. We all said, "we will get em next year." When Ravens lose, there is no purple to be seen, When they win, it's everywhere. Freaking fair weather fans.

Finally, there is the obsession with people who are Steeler fans that the Ravens fans think are from the Baltimore area. They just loathe any Steeler fan that they think (usually wrongly) doesn't have a legit connection to the Burg. I was born in Pittsburgh but live in SC PA now and spend a lot of time in Maryland. I go to the games in Baltimore and the whole time people scream at me, "Go back to Towson." I didn't even know what the heck they were talking about when I first started going. I can honestly say I have been treated far worse in Baltimore than when I have attended games in Cleveland and Cincy. I was at the game in 09 when we lost in Cleveland. Wasn't treated near as nasty as when I go to Baltimore....truly, not even close.

Sure, there are bad fans everywhere but here is why I think the things above happen and that Ravens fans are worse at these two things than many other teams. 1) They have come so close and lost with good teams many times the last few years. They are looking for someone to blame for this....namely, the refs. (Or temporarily hate your own good team who gave you the hope) 2) They hate the success of the Steelers and for the most part ,have no respect for Steeler fans. Especially, the new or uniformed Ravens fans.
I guess everyone has a right to their opinion, that's about as positive a response as I can muster. Truth is, Steelers fans aren't extra-special awesome, and Ravens fans aren't extra-special terrible. It may feel that way sometimes, heck sometimes I think people on this board are ridiculously harsh for no good reason. But then, you meet a cool guy in a Steelers jacket in the bar, have a couple beers and give each other some crap, and realize why you have to be really careful about judging people for superficial things.
The Following User Says Thank You to i82much For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (01-19-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #89
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

He is a good qb but, he has a big arm then he throws prayers deep and, either gets caught for a big play or gets the PI. He is up and down alot let's see what he does tomorrow in his biggest game of his life. He did outplay Brady AKA Precious in last years AFCCG.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #90
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Quote:
I guess everyone has a right to their opinion, that's about as positive a response as I can muster. Truth is, Steelers fans aren't extra-special awesome, and Ravens fans aren't extra-special terrible. It may feel that way sometimes, heck sometimes I think people on this board are ridiculously harsh for no good reason. But then, you meet a cool guy in a Steelers jacket in the bar, have a couple beers and give each other some crap, and realize why you have to be really careful about judging people for superficial things.
Go on your own board and mention the bias toward the Steelers...watch what happens. Then mention a bias toward the Ravens in here....watch what happens. To be honest, I don't know that I have ever read a single post in here that says there is an NFL bias toward the Ravens...but it shows up dozens and dozens of times every season on the Ravens board. So, again, yes, there are good and bad fans for every team....but there is a "ref" disease in baltimore land.

Plus, my comments about my experience are not "opinions." I think the Ravens are a very good team. They have had a bunch of success without winning the big one...this has created paranoia (NFL or refs are against us) and schizophrenia (I love our team one second, our team sucks the next second) in their fans....