Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #31
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216
Default Re: Ut oh...now I'm pissed...

I am glad the rankings come out, it gives something to read while i am eating my lunch at work. I am a sucker for those things. love em, college football and the pros. Two years ago we were #1 and came out of the gate stinkin. Lets make it through the preseason with no injuries and start whipping some but then we can start bit**ing about the rankings, oh yeah big bens gotta cut down on the turnovers too., i think a lot folks are worried a little about a sophmore jinx. I think he will play much better this season as long as out offesive coordinator (wissenhunt - i can not spell) learns how to adjust the game plan a little.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #32
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid LLoyd1975
I think this is great. A Bengals fan ripping on a pats fan. Good shit.... I have nothing against the bengals. On the other hand the gaytriots are often running their soup-coolers. You can't go wrong when an opposing enemy in our division says they will root for us when it comes to the patriots. Corey Dillon is a homo just like Tom gay-ass Brady. Who hands off to who???? Hmmm.

I guess all you can do is call Brady gay when he beats you guys in the AFC Championship. I on the other hand respect your team. Oh well, must be a trait in winners.

DW
Old 06-27-2005, 11:22 PM   #33
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Nice to see you mixing some praise in w/ your smack talk.. ;)
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:57 PM   #34
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

It was kinda of classy, wasn`t it?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:57 PM   #35
steelparrot
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 437

I like where we are in the rankings. Ofcourse i think we should be higher but it always seems that when the steelers are ranked number 1, we always seem to disapoint.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #36
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

"Avoid Loyd"

Ignore, rather then "avoid loyd".
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #37
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

Some of you out there must be brady fans the way everyone is kissing his ass. One of our most hated rivals and we got steeler fans cheering him on???? I don't get it. Every post about him clearly states he doesn't put up great numbers. Product of the system. Just like over-rated Roethlisberger. Ben is good but still unproven. No loyalty to the black and gold. I'd like to see you make a positive remark about Tommy boy in front of half of our defense. They would probably laugh in your face and wrip the steeler emblem from your heart. I forgot he did beat us single handedly???? We beat ourselves in that game I do recall. That and our shitty gameplanning.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #38
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid LLoyd1975
Some of you out there must be brady fans the way everyone is kissing his ass. One of our most hated rivals and we got steeler fans cheering him on???? I don't get it. Every post about him clearly states he doesn't put up great numbers. Product of the system. Just like over-rated Roethlisberger. Ben is good but still unproven. No loyalty to the black and gold. I'd like to see you make a positive remark about Tommy boy in front of half of our defense. They would probably laugh in your face and wrip the steeler emblem from your heart. I forgot he did beat us single handedly???? We beat ourselves in that game I do recall. That and our shitty gameplanning.

AV, I think the reason people are not rallying to your defense, and I could be wrong, is that grown-ups use big words and don't instantly play the homophobe card when making a point. When a player beats you, he beats you. Deal with it. You had the leagues best defense and a terrible QB like Brady was a major part in putting up 41 points on it. Sometimes you just got to tip your cap to a guy.

You lost. But the good news is that you got a great team returning, led by a 2nd year QB that appears to be an awesome QB. No need to showcase your potty mouth, unless you really are a child.

And being a fan of a team does not mean you have to blindly be a homer. You can respect and appreciate oppossing players while at the same time disliking them. It's called maturity. Let's see, for me, I am a big Ward, Bettis and Porter fan. I hate that they are not on my team, but those guys play their asses off come Sunday.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #39
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I personally don`t care for losing to any team. And not trying to kiss ass. I`m sure DW and I will square off the the BF sometime during the season. But fact are facts, yards, completions, Tds, win and losses, %, whatever, its all about rings. I love Terry Bradshaw, he is one of the best armed qbs in history, but we rarely ever used him . Mainly in the playoffs and bowls. Bradshaws yards paasing are way lower than most in the HOF, but he has four rings.