Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #171
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Starter

Member Number: 24000
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Jordan or mngo no! Have explained it before . Vaccaro or Elam yes.

And please stop saying Jordan or mingo if you won't responded back to people's argument. These draft topics are so sporadic on these board and no ones responds when valid points are made. And the same draft prospects are named over and over again.

No knowledgeable conversation here it's very annoying
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #172
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 6,711 Times in 2,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Vaccaro or Elam yes.
completely agree.

Ryan Clark and Troy aren't getting any younger and who do we have behind them, Will Allen and Ryan Mundy?
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #173
bhandsome08
Water Boy

Member Number: 24495

Why do people have those 2013 Steelers Mock Draft: when they post? Shayne Skov isn't declaring for the draft too anyways.
bhandsome08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #174
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
He was referring to McCarron's girlfriend...

Exactly
Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #175
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Jordan or mngo no! Have explained it before . Vaccaro or Elam yes.

And please stop saying Jordan or mingo if you won't responded back to people's argument. These draft topics are so sporadic on these board and no ones responds when valid points are made. And the same draft prospects are named over and over again.

No knowledgeable conversation here it's very annoying
There is basically no sure thing in draft when you pick after top 5. Sure we won't mention Jordan or Mingo if the Steelers have a top 5 pick. In this case we will talk about Jones. Most people here mentioned Jordan or Mingo acknowledge their weaknesses. But people also acknowledge their upside and still think that it may worth the risk.

Last edited by kan_t; 01-19-2013 at 03:34 AM.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #176
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
picks would be

34 - 48 - 60 - 75 - 79 -112 - 5th - 6th - 7th
Your scenario seems to me to be too much trading to be realistic.

If something like this is going to happen, I see it possibly this way:

Chiefs have new coach and GM. I don't think they want to take the chance that their first draft pick and the number one overall pick will be a bust, which is a possibility if they take a QB. So the Chiefs take somebody like OT Luke Joeckel with their first pick. They trade back up into the first round for the Steelers #1 pick. We get, like teegre said, their R2 and R3 this year and their R1 next year.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #177
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

*=Depending on who's available at the time.
My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft
1. WR Cordarrelle Patterson or OLB Ezekiel Ansah*
2. TE Tyler Eifert or SS Matt Elam*
3. RB Montee Ball or ILB Jon Bostic*
4. FS D.J. Swearinger
5. OG Omoregie Uzzi
6. DT Montori Hughes
7. QB Collin Klein

Last edited by Justp94; 01-21-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Justp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #178
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justp94 View Post
*=Depending on who's available at the time.
My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft
1. WR Cordarrelle Patterson or OLB Ezekiel Ansah*
2. TE Tyler Eifert or SS Matt Elam*
3. RB Montee Ball or ILB Jon Bostic*
4. FS D.J. Swearinger
5. OG Omoregie Uzzi
6. DT Montori Hughes
7. QB Collin Klein
I love your draft. If we could get what you are saying, I would pencil the Steelers in for the Super Bowl.

Patterson is a good choice for a big WR if that is what the Steelers want. I prefer TE Eifert or Ertz if we are going receiver because I believe both are more of a can't miss. Mel Kiper Jr. has Ansah going to the Steelers in the 1st round, incidentally.

No way either Eifert or Elam will last until our pick in the 2nd round. Wishful thinking.

Montee Ball will go to the Bengals in the 1st round, again according to Kiper. Not that I consider Mel Jr. the second coming of Christ. But I don't see Ball lasting until the 3rd round.

Klein I like late if the Steelers can get him. We need a rook to get ready and play on the practice squad, just in case.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #179
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
I love your draft. If we could get what you are saying, I would pencil the Steelers in for the Super Bowl.

Patterson is a good choice for a big WR if that is what the Steelers want. I prefer TE Eifert or Ertz if we are going receiver because I believe both are more of a can't miss. Mel Kiper Jr. has Ansah going to the Steelers in the 1st round, incidentally.

No way either Eifert or Elam will last until our pick in the 2nd round. Wishful thinking.

Montee Ball will go to the Bengals in the 1st round, again according to Kiper. Not that I consider Mel Jr. the second coming of Christ. But I don't see Ball lasting until the 3rd round.

Klein I like late if the Steelers can get him. We need a rook to get ready and play on the practice squad, just in case.
I was using CBS Sports Draft Prospects ratings to help make my Mock draft, it has Ball going in the 2nd-3rd round and him being the 69th player overall. I'm hoping that no one takes Ball so we can get him, I especially don't want the Bengals to grab him. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...rankings/2013/

And yeah Both of those Tight ends would probably be gone, along with Elam, so idk... if they're both gone in the 2nd round, then maybe WR Da'Rick Rogers if we don't get Patterson in the 1st round?

I wouldn't be mad if Patterson was gone though since my second choice Ansah is such a beast and would be an automatic starter at OLB.
[YOUTUBE]WMtBmOdYsqo[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #180
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,074 Times in 3,050 Posts

The article is from BRs Matt Miller, a guy I greatly respect. He knows his stuff and his mock overall is probably the most accurate I've seen so far, and I can really see us taking Dion Jordan. He's smart on-and-off the field and he doesn't have any priors. The only red flag I can see against him would be his torn shoulder labrum, but we've taken chances on guys with injuries before and they've worked out pretty well (Miller and Polamalu, anyone?). At this point, Jordan is the best guy on the board and potentially, the entire draft.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pick: OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon

A torn labrum has pushed Oregon's Dion Jordan down the board, which means one lucky team will add a potential top-five pick in the later half of the first round.

Jordan's ability to play multiple positions will garner him plenty of attention from NFL scouts. Depending on how healthy his shoulder is by the Oregon pro day, he may be able to rehabilitate his stock and continue to climb up the board. As it stands today, the Pittsburgh Steelers would love to add this freak of nature to the lineup.

Jordan would be the ultimate counter to LaMarr Woodley on the edge, allowing the team to replace James Harrison in the future while adding in another athletic pass-rusher in the interim.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pick: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Eifert lacks the athleticism to be drafted higher than this, but the Steelers won't mind. His size and hands will give them a young red-zone threat to complement Heath Miller before replacing him down the line.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pick: Tony Jefferson, FS, Oklahoma

The Steelers know that Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu can't play forever. Tony Jefferson gives them a young stud to groom for the future.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...dition/page/18

-- Gotta say, those three together would be pretty amazing picks for us. However, he has Giovani Bernard being picked by the Packers at 26 and I don't think we let him slide by us with the amount of trouble we've had at RB this season. If we did manage to grab Jordan in the first with Bernard in the second, those fill needs and are also BPA. Grabbing Jefferson in the third would be a gift, but I think we have to take Nico Johnson here because he wont fall to us in the fourth round.

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 01-21-2013 at 06:01 PM.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote